Anyone know if MS is still giving games to those with drive issues?

#1XXXRiceWVXXXPosted 1/26/2014 12:56:19 PM
I'd say mine is gonna have to go in for repairs. This thing sounds angry.
---
xxxRice WVxxx///Most Wanted/// (1.) Titanfall (2.) Infamous: SS (3.) Kilzone: SF (4.) Ryse (5.) Watch Dogs (6.) Dragon Age: inquisition
#2XXXRiceWVXXX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 1:28:10 PM
LOL has anyone else had this issue. These crooked pieces of **** what to put a hold on my credit card for there junk ass console malfunctioning. Anyone else dealt with this yet?
---
xxxRice WVxxx///Most Wanted/// (1.) Titanfall (2.) Infamous: SS (3.) Kilzone: SF (4.) Ryse (5.) Watch Dogs (6.) Dragon Age: inquisition
#395_EclipsePosted 1/26/2014 1:35:28 PM
They should only be doing that if you're going for the faster turn around option, where they send you a console first and then you send yours back. It's basically to prevent theft. There is plenty of things to blame MS for, but that's not really one of them.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#4XXXRiceWVXXX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 1:49:36 PM
Definitely can be blamed on them, I owned 2 xbox 360's and I had 2 Xbox live accounts for my family since day one of live. Been a supporter since the xbox. I'll take the other option and wait for it to come back. But after spending $620 including 2 first party titles, this is insane. They act like you have done something wrong over the phone. After all this time I may be done with this company.
---
#5Apex-PlayerPosted 1/26/2014 1:53:40 PM
You don't get the free game unless you do the 500$ hold process last I checked.
If you want the free game and a new console faster, use that process.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#6aheedthegreatPosted 1/26/2014 1:56:09 PM
How dare they offer me a faster warranty return method that is not beaten by any other manufacturer of anything but equal to most because it is a standard! I spend my money on said manufacturers products and cannot believe they would treat me like a customer! They will not be getting a deposit that would be refunded when they receive my broken console and ill gladly wait the extra weeks instead of mere days!
---
GT: Aheed The Grim
#7loafy013Posted 1/26/2014 1:57:41 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
They should only be doing that if you're going for the faster turn around option, where they send you a console first and then you send yours back. It's basically to prevent theft. There is plenty of things to blame MS for, but that's not really one of them.

Yup. I hate MS but this is common sense. You really think they are going to send out a $500 unit with only a promise that you will return the old one?
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#895_EclipsePosted 1/26/2014 1:59:29 PM
XXXRiceWVXXX posted...
Definitely can be blamed on them, I owned 2 xbox 360's and I had 2 Xbox live accounts for my family since day one of live. Been a supporter since the xbox. I'll take the other option and wait for it to come back. But after spending $620 including 2 first party titles, this is insane. They act like you have done something wrong over the phone. After all this time I may be done with this company.

Hey man, I'm not defending them, I'm just saying, that's one of the few things you can't really hold against them. There are a lot of thieves in this world and they are just trying to cover themselves and you. Since using a credit card would make it much harder for someone else to use your name/address to have one shipped and steal it, leaving you with the bill for a console you didn't need.

I went with Playstation this gen, in part because I went through 3 Xbox 360s myself. So I can't blame you for being upset.

(I mostly went with PS because of how angry I am at the b**** slap in the face Forza gave to their real fans, but that's another story all together).
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#9TBONE_OGPosted 1/26/2014 2:09:56 PM
It's only one particular fault with the disc drive where it makes a crunching sound, and will not read discs. Sounds like yours is just loud, but works so you do not qualify for the offer.. if MS is still even offering it. But if does break, it doesn't hurt to try to get a free game out of it.

Also, you have to take place in the advanced exchange program in order to get a free game. They DO NOT charge you on your credit card. The put a HOLD for the amount of a Xbox One. Charge and Hold are very different. If you don't return the defected console to them within 14 business days, then they charge you.

How do I know? Because I went through this program, have a credit card, and know how they work.

I hope you understand now.
---
Always O.G.
#10XXXRiceWVXXX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 2:16:32 PM
loafy013 posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

Yup. I hate MS but this is common sense. You really think they are going to send out a $500 unit with only a promise that you will return the old one?

The hold doesn't bother me as much as the junk console. But you call them, you know the drive is shot. They keep you on the phone having you check the disc, clean the disc, then they want me to swap discs because it doesn't do it all the time with certain games. Never mind the fact that CS can here the grinding over the damn phone. Now I understand this is there job. After all this time she tells me my disc drive may be faulty, hmmm you think. Then I get told all I have to do is give them my credit card for a $500 hold. This was all before she informs me they will be sending another console out until they receive mine. So at that point I'm thinking there putting a $500 hold just to fix it.

LOL like I said. I've always supported the company, but this process pissed me off. Makes perfect sense now, after I looked online and contacted another agent.
---