I wish more people would branch out.

#1locky723Posted 1/26/2014 7:18:24 PM(edited)
Some of the best selling games? Typical COD, just dance, FIFA. Which is fine... But why can't something unique and new be a best seller of the year? Like say... The witcher 3, starbound, bayonetta 2, puppeteer. A lot of people are just like 'cod is the best. That's all I ever play'. But there's so much more... Why not try them?
#2Foxx3kPosted 1/26/2014 8:04:50 PM
It's a phenomenon not at all unique to video games.

And it's not like new IPs can't do well, but I don't think there's a strong chance of a new IP video game being bigger than an established franchise.

But I guess what you're looking for is the equivalent of "Avatar" in the video game space.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3kennyynnooPosted 1/27/2014 4:37:01 AM
locky723 posted...
Some of the best selling games? Typical COD, just dance, FIFA. Which is fine... But why can't something unique and new be a best seller of the year? Like say... The witcher 3, starbound, bayonetta 2, puppeteer. A lot of people are just like 'cod is the best. That's all I ever play'. But there's so much more... Why not try them?

Well I hate every single game in this post.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#4krystylaPosted 1/27/2014 4:51:52 AM
locky723 posted...

Do you?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#5Mr_KillstreakPosted 1/27/2014 5:17:59 AM
Bayonetta 2 was dead as soon as it was announced to be a WiiU exclusive. I love Bayonetta but I'm not buying a WiiU to play it.
#6locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 6:55:50 AM
krystyla posted...
locky723 posted...

Do you?

I try to be an open gamer. Some games, like outlast I WONT play because it'd freak me out... But I tried dead space and loved it. But the point is that it seems that a lot of people just get the shooter, or the violent gritty action game. Why not try a platformer? A puzzle game? Something ELSE.