I wish more people would branch out.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I wish more people would branch out.

User Info: locky723

locky723
2 years ago#1
Some of the best selling games? Typical COD, just dance, FIFA. Which is fine... But why can't something unique and new be a best seller of the year? Like say... The witcher 3, starbound, bayonetta 2, puppeteer. A lot of people are just like 'cod is the best. That's all I ever play'. But there's so much more... Why not try them?

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
2 years ago#2
It's a phenomenon not at all unique to video games.

And it's not like new IPs can't do well, but I don't think there's a strong chance of a new IP video game being bigger than an established franchise.

But I guess what you're looking for is the equivalent of "Avatar" in the video game space.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
2 years ago#3
locky723 posted...
Some of the best selling games? Typical COD, just dance, FIFA. Which is fine... But why can't something unique and new be a best seller of the year? Like say... The witcher 3, starbound, bayonetta 2, puppeteer. A lot of people are just like 'cod is the best. That's all I ever play'. But there's so much more... Why not try them?

Well I hate every single game in this post.
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30

User Info: krystyla

krystyla
2 years ago#4
locky723 posted...

Do you?
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB

User Info: Mr_Killstreak

Mr_Killstreak
2 years ago#5
Bayonetta 2 was dead as soon as it was announced to be a WiiU exclusive. I love Bayonetta but I'm not buying a WiiU to play it.

User Info: locky723

locky723
2 years ago#6
krystyla posted...
locky723 posted...

Do you?

I try to be an open gamer. Some games, like outlast I WONT play because it'd freak me out... But I tried dead space and loved it. But the point is that it seems that a lot of people just get the shooter, or the violent gritty action game. Why not try a platformer? A puzzle game? Something ELSE.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I wish more people would branch out.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived