Help! problem using Kinect to read DLC codes

#1GraemeCaUKPosted 1/27/2014 7:04:36 AM
Hi, I cannot get the automatic reading of DLC codes to work with my Kinect 2. The camera is working fine because it always recognises me, but when I try to engage the "xbox use code" command and show it the code it never reads even when I can see it clearly in the camera view on screen.

All the videos I see on Youtube show it working perfectly first time. I have not got it to work once. Could it be a setup issue, or ambient lighting in my room. It's really frustrating because the convenience of voice commands is about the only use I have for the Kinect
#2bessy67Posted 1/27/2014 7:06:03 AM
Just to be sure, you are trying to get it to read QR codes, right? It won't read the 25 digit alpha-numeric ones.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3GraemeCaUK(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 7:10:52 AM
Yes it's the 25 character code I'm trying. What is a QR and where can I find it?
#4bessy67Posted 1/27/2014 7:13:48 AM
This is a QR code which kinect will read:
https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/427666219265581057/photo/1

For the 25 digit ones you still have to type them in. Hopefully more and more things will use the QR codes as this generation progresses.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#5GraemeCaUK(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 7:21:27 AM
Ah.... that all makes sense now. I remember seeing a graphic like that on the instructions on the screen but I just assumed it was just meant to represent the DLC card . I feel like an idiot now lol.

Thanks for the help, I thought there was something wrong with my Kinect.
#6FinzFan4lifePosted 1/27/2014 8:48:09 AM
this is actually one of my fav things about the kinect it doesn't take long to enter but knowing you won't mess up and have to do it again is awesome.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012