WHAT A GYP - Your personal "Totally unfair" gaming moments

#212ndAtomiskPosted 1/27/2014 2:18:56 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Death Egg Zone. As young as I was at the time, I didn't understand things like timing and spacial awareness. Couple that with the panic of having to fight two bosses with no rings and you have a game that feels like it was specifically designed for you to lose.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#22zxghostravenxzPosted 1/27/2014 2:31:15 PM
The end of mojo's level on the x-men for sega genesis. You know how many times I got to the end of that level and lost cause I ran out of time because sega trolls you by not telling you that you actually have to hit the reset button on the console to proceed? Really!?
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#23robert43sPosted 1/27/2014 3:01:24 PM
Masters of Orion (2 and 3). I swear the computer deliberately cheated. How else could it have better ships in the same time frame.
---
If there are spelling errors, or wrong words, it's probably the iPads autocorrect.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
#24krystylaPosted 1/27/2014 3:03:49 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
master_gamr1231 posted...
Turn-based games where you always miss and the enemy never misses.

This is totally the pokemon "your attack just missed, but the enemy hit a critical on you" thing. I AM FURIOUS.

Round 50+ Battle Mansion

Sleep > switch > sleep > can't attack > can't attack > can't attack > wakes ups misses > sleep
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#25richboy900Posted 1/27/2014 3:07:44 PM
Jinpachi on Tekken 5 (ps2)
#26loafy013Posted 1/27/2014 4:40:52 PM
Way back in the orginal Civilization game. Start a city in the middle of nowhere on an island. Computer lands a trireme and takes it over, stealing my tech. I cheat open the map and realize there is no way that boat could have made it to me (it sinks if not next to shore after the turn ends and island was at least two turns away from any other land mass). I got the cpu back though. Was able to develop and build nukes before they discovered gunpowder and just started nuking stuff because I could.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#27SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 8:30:26 AM
Another one - being killed by the FarSight in Perfect Dark.

Oh, nice, you used a one-hit kill weapon that not only auto-tracks me, but it fires through walls as well.

Nice.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#28Laylow12Posted 1/28/2014 8:38:59 AM
The entire Mike Tyson fight in Punch Out!!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#29BoneRevolutionPosted 1/28/2014 8:47:34 AM
Persona 3 FES. Elizabeth is such a cheater -_-
#30SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 2:48:09 AM
Oh, and need I remind anyone of that Ninja Gaiden 2 Armadillo boss that can explode after you defeat him, killing you exactly as the cutscene starts (unless you block the entire time)?

Spend ten minutes punching the hell out of a massive lava armadillo, then BOOM. Cheap insta-death cutscene because you forgot to block for the cinematic. DAMN YOUUUUU!
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/