What genre would you like to see Gears turn into?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What genre would you like to see Gears turn into?
2 years ago#1
topic title says it all, have some fun, no need to be serious, add in a crossover if you want, but if you want to be serious go ahead, share what you'd like to see Gears of War turn into. Personally an F-Zero style racer Gears would seem pretty cool, to get a good chuckle, maybe a Gears JRPG.
2 years ago#2
I want Gears to stay a cover based TPS.. now a spinoff is a different story.. I wouldn't mind RTS, or anything along those more offbeat lines for the series. lol I'd like a cross over with other series' for sure.. like Halo.
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
2 years ago#3
Stay the same, and/or an RTS game.

Nothing else.

Maybe a dance game though..................
Always O.G.
2 years ago#4
RTS or maybe even a FPS. First-person chainsaw duels would be awesome.
2 years ago#5
First person, add RPG elements.
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
2 years ago#6
I think an RTS would be great, get on it Black Tusk
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
2 years ago#7
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
2 years ago#8
-A third-Person Star Wars Battlefront/LotR: Conquest game
-A Halo Wars-esque RTS (a "here's your limited military force, use strategy to win the overwhelming odds" game)
-An open-world "your trapped in enemy lines, find your way out", non-horror (or slight horror), survival, action game (multiple ways to get through)
True Christianity is a lifestyle, not a religion. Learn it; live it.
I think I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure. I make every topic I post in 20% cooler.
2 years ago#9
I wanna see another traditional TPS but it would also be very cool to see a small scale RTS or a top-down squad shooter with strategy elements like that obscure Killzone game that came out on the PSP a long time ago. In fact a few years ago they were working on a top-down shooter like that and a few screenshots even leaked out but the game never came out. I wonder if that eventually became Halo: Spartan Assault.
2 years ago#10
Dang it, I was going to say a dance game!

I picture the Gears just lining up to do the can-can.

Or the hokey pokey.

Then maybe having a dance off against the Locust, when suddenly the lambent (?) comes in as a new challenger and the player has to twerk up the wall and unlocks an achievement.

And don't forget about possibly Grinders breakdancing, while the player picks up a Boomshot that makes it rain Cogtags all over the stage.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What genre would you like to see Gears turn into?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived