What genre would you like to see Gears turn into?

#1SwiftXZPosted 1/27/2014 2:29:41 PM
topic title says it all, have some fun, no need to be serious, add in a crossover if you want, but if you want to be serious go ahead, share what you'd like to see Gears of War turn into. Personally an F-Zero style racer Gears would seem pretty cool, to get a good chuckle, maybe a Gears JRPG.
---
GT:SwiftXZ
#2gohoanqPosted 1/27/2014 2:39:31 PM
I want Gears to stay a cover based TPS.. now a spinoff is a different story.. I wouldn't mind RTS, or anything along those more offbeat lines for the series. lol I'd like a cross over with other series' for sure.. like Halo.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#3TBONE_OGPosted 1/27/2014 2:40:30 PM
Stay the same, and/or an RTS game.

Nothing else.

Maybe a dance game though..................
---
Always O.G.
#4slyman19Posted 1/27/2014 2:50:08 PM
RTS or maybe even a FPS. First-person chainsaw duels would be awesome.
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 1/27/2014 2:51:36 PM
First person, add RPG elements.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#6Big FanPosted 1/27/2014 3:07:45 PM
I think an RTS would be great, get on it Black Tusk
---
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
#7sjc1279Posted 1/27/2014 3:08:32 PM
TPS!!
---
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
#8ZuuFPosted 1/27/2014 3:20:21 PM
-A third-Person Star Wars Battlefront/LotR: Conquest game
-A Halo Wars-esque RTS (a "here's your limited military force, use strategy to win the overwhelming odds" game)
-An open-world "your trapped in enemy lines, find your way out", non-horror (or slight horror), survival, action game (multiple ways to get through)
---
True Christianity is a lifestyle, not a religion. Learn it; live it.
I think I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure. I make every topic I post in 20% cooler.
#9thestickerPosted 1/27/2014 3:24:13 PM
I wanna see another traditional TPS but it would also be very cool to see a small scale RTS or a top-down squad shooter with strategy elements like that obscure Killzone game that came out on the PSP a long time ago. In fact a few years ago they were working on a top-down shooter like that and a few screenshots even leaked out but the game never came out. I wonder if that eventually became Halo: Spartan Assault.
#10ExxexPosted 1/29/2014 10:25:27 AM
Dang it, I was going to say a dance game!

I picture the Gears just lining up to do the can-can.

Or the hokey pokey.

Then maybe having a dance off against the Locust, when suddenly the lambent (?) comes in as a new challenger and the player has to twerk up the wall and unlocks an achievement.

Haha...

And don't forget about possibly Grinders breakdancing, while the player picks up a Boomshot that makes it rain Cogtags all over the stage.

Ahh...