Gears of War franchise bought by Microsoft, i'll have a beer to that!

#1Jedi454Posted 1/27/2014 4:54:58 PM
Another exclusive franchise hits the Xbox One, one a lot of us loved on 360.
I wonder when they'll begin making the game using the Unreal Engine 4. Predicting an early 2016 release window. Can't wait!
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#2userfrigginamePosted 1/27/2014 4:57:30 PM
Well, it would have already only been Xbox One if a new game was made. Microsoft does publish it after all. What I'm wondering is why they were inclined to buy a game that was already exclusive to their console. At the very least, it means that a new Gears of War is almost certainly coming out.
#3Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/27/2014 5:00:02 PM
Nah it could have been on PS4 if MS didn't buy it. They may have published 1-3 but they didn't own the series.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#4HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/27/2014 5:00:25 PM
I'd buy that for a dollar!
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#5ripvisionPosted 1/27/2014 5:05:16 PM
userfrigginame posted...
Well, it would have already only been Xbox One if a new game was made. Microsoft does publish it after all. What I'm wondering is why they were inclined to buy a game that was already exclusive to their console. At the very least, it means that a new Gears of War is almost certainly coming out.

It was exclusive to xbox but the dev was EPIC who also owned the rights. So MS bought the rights and assigned Black Tusk Studios to make the next GoW. I'm more excited to see what EPIC comes up with next, unreal tournament anyone?
#6Apex-PlayerPosted 1/27/2014 5:07:16 PM
Only problem is it won't bring any new fans to xbox.
Those who liked that ip already had a 360/xboxone- or planned on it.

Doesn't sway me so good on them, glad it wasn't something I wanted like Witcher 3 exclusive or Watch Dogs etc.
Hell even The Division might have sold me an xbox if bought up by MS.
Awesome they chose something I never cared about, actually a relief, could have been something outstanding.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#7Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/27/2014 5:09:55 PM
so is it facing the same fate as the IW/Sledgehammer Cod's? same franchise different people making it
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#8Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 5:16:10 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
so is it facing the same fate as the IW/Sledgehammer Cod's? same franchise different people making it

That's an unfair comparison. CoD is a cash grab and nothing more. Gears of War was about the campaign and people just fell in love with the multiplayer.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#9ssj954vegitoPosted 1/27/2014 5:34:26 PM
I read that as "Gears of War franchise buys Microsoft"
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#10DeadlyKruegerPosted 1/27/2014 5:42:29 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Another exclusive franchise hits the Xbox One, one a lot of us loved on 360.
I wonder when they'll begin making the game using the Unreal Engine 4. Predicting an early 2016 release window. Can't wait!

Probably 2015. What are they gonna release for the holidays next year? This would be the smart move, plus the first 3 were put out in Novembers.