MS buys the IP to one franchise

#1195_EclipsePosted 1/27/2014 6:53:36 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Last quarter they made $100 for every Xbone they sold. With that dough they could buy 4 x Gears IPs or 12 Quantum Breaks or 50 Sunset Overdrives.

where did you get this figure from? cause last i checked.
http://www.neowin.net/news/ihs-xbox-one-costs-microsoft-471-to-build-with-console-kinect-and-controller.
they are only making $29. and three of those dollars goes to Sony for the blu-ray driver so they only make $26 off each one.

$400m profit, 3.9M xbones sold. I didn't mean they made $100 profit off each unit, I meant they made $400 million is all. :-)

Epic spin ignores that a lot of that profit came from the 360.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#12mokmuudPosted 1/27/2014 7:04:49 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
On a serious note.

One of MS's Few top exclusives was about to disappear. Is there a single person legitimately surprised they bought it?

Not surprised at all. Not that I would have bought it if it did come to PS4 just like I didn't buy it for the 360.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#13BrownGottiPosted 1/27/2014 7:11:10 PM
How can people have a problem with MS making moves to better their console. They aren't rolling over for Sony or Nintendo.
#14HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/28/2014 5:18:36 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Last quarter they made $100 for every Xbone they sold. With that dough they could buy 4 x Gears IPs or 12 Quantum Breaks or 50 Sunset Overdrives.

http://www.neowin.net/news/ihs-xbox-one-costs-microsoft-471-to-build-with-console-kinect-and-controller.
they are only making $29. and three of those dollars goes to Sony for the blu-ray driver so they only make $26 off each one.

$400m profit, 3.9M xbones sold. I didn't mean they made $100 profit off each unit, I meant they made $400 million is all. :-)

? Monies is monies is monies bro. In profitability terms , at launch the xbone is at where 360 was after 3 years and selling 2.5-3 times as much.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#15EnclavePosted 1/28/2014 5:36:15 AM
and suddenly everyone thinks they're buying game companies left and right

Actually, this is what I think they should do if they want decent exclusives. It's what Sony did. The key though is they need the talent as well as the company. If not you end up with a steaming turd like what happened to Rare.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#1695_EclipsePosted 1/28/2014 1:41:32 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

? Monies is monies is monies bro. In profitability terms , at launch the xbone is at where 360 was after 3 years and selling 2.5-3 times as much.

But it's not, because most of the profit is from the 360. The Xbox one could be losing money for all you know. And the key difference, is that the original Xbox never profited, so the Xbox 360's loss was noticeable.

I know you're a blind fanboy, but at least try to be somewhat reasonable with your absurd claims you love making.
---
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#17HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/28/2014 4:31:00 PM

But it's not, because most of the profit is from the 360. The Xbox one could be losing money for all you know. And the key difference, is that the original Xbox never profited, so the Xbox 360's loss was noticeable.

I know you're a blind fanboy, but at least try to be somewhat reasonable with your absurd claims you love making.

Yes, I didn't think peeps needed it spelled out that that profit isn't from a single source, im pretty sure its from games, live subs and dlc as well. You just need to look at the big picture. That amount of dough would be highly respectable in its own right, its quite impressive compared to Sony, Nintendo and EA in the same fiscal quarters but its freaking nuts for the period of a console launch, which historically is the most expensive for a hardware provider....and Gears' acquisition and TitanFalls semi-exclusivity are the first results of this.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#1895_EclipsePosted 1/28/2014 4:37:41 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Yes, I didn't think peeps needed it spelled out that that profit isn't from a single source, im pretty sure its from games, live subs and dlc as well. You just need to look at the big picture. That amount of dough would be highly respectable in its own right, its quite impressive compared to Sony, Nintendo and EA in the same fiscal quarters but its freaking nuts for the period of a console launch, which historically is the most expensive for a hardware provider....and Gears' acquisition and TitanFalls semi-exclusivity are the first results of this.

See, I knew you could do it. I'm so proud of you :P
---