Why AA batteries...

#11CKnightPosted 1/28/2014 12:09:03 AM
Superman070776 posted...
CKnight posted...
MS making us use batteries is just dumb. Sony for a second gen has rechargible controllers.

I also like the addition of the touch pad and built in speaker of the PS4 controller.

Wrong it isn't dumb.

Every laptop since the 90's has had a touch pad...hardly innovative.

Christ who cares if other devices have the feature, it's how the feature is implemented and adds to the console exp.

And playing Killzone SF I see the appeal of the touch pad, it's natural right away to use. And will ultimately ease up cumbersome controls for future games. Without the touch pad you'd probably have to hold down a button to pull up the Owl's menu and choose your mode instead of doing it with a flick of the finger on the fly in the heat of combat.

Unless your just being sarcastic.
#12josuna123Posted 1/28/2014 12:18:38 AM(edited)
krystyla posted...
I got 4 rechargable 2100mAh rechargeable batteries + charger. That's more than double the DS4s capacity and I always have another pair of batteries on backup.

On PS3 I always forgot to charge the DS3 and hated it everytime I had to go wired.

+1 this. Sounds like we both have Sanyo Eneloop XX? Edit: Now that I actually checked, I have different batteries. Mine are 2500 mAh 0_0

I own both consoles and my XB1 controller lasts me roughly 15-20 hours on a single charge of my batteries, meanwhile the DS4 lasts 3-5 hours on a single charge at max.

Everyone here complaining like it's such a backwards technological decision clearly hasn't had enough time with both current gen controllers.
#13LaZyEyeZ0oPosted 1/28/2014 2:09:28 AM(edited)
josuna123 posted...
krystyla posted...
I got 4 rechargable 2100mAh rechargeable batteries + charger. That's more than double the DS4s capacity and I always have another pair of batteries on backup.

On PS3 I always forgot to charge the DS3 and hated it everytime I had to go wired.

+1 this. Sounds like we both have Sanyo Eneloop XX? Edit: Now that I actually checked, I have different batteries. Mine are 2500 mAh 0_0

I own both consoles and my XB1 controller lasts me roughly 15-20 hours on a single charge of my batteries, meanwhile the DS4 lasts 3-5 hours on a single charge at max.

Everyone here complaining like it's such a backwards technological decision clearly hasn't had enough time with both current gen controllers.

Why not have built in 2500 mah? Best of both worlds. Battery life isnt bad as people think. Cellphones lasts about two years because its uses all the time.

But on a remote, where people play 8 hours a day at the most? The controller will break before you need to replace the battery. And the controllers are built to take tough usage, most controllers make it pass 7 years.

Aa batteries... are so inconvenient.
#14lunaticcorePosted 1/28/2014 2:12:00 AM
CKnight posted...
MS making us use batteries is just dumb. Sony for a second gen has rechargible controllers.

I also like the addition of the touch pad and built in speaker of the PS4 controller.

I like my batteries swappable. Sony fans had a better argument last gen when they didn't have a controller that ate battery power. I don't like ever having to plug my controller in. Being able to swap batteries for the win.
#15LaZyEyeZ0oPosted 1/28/2014 2:18:45 AM(edited)
lunaticcore posted...
CKnight posted...

I like my batteries swappable. Sony fans had a better argument last gen when they didn't have a controller that ate battery power. I don't like ever having to plug my controller in. Being able to swap batteries for the win.

Most people just swap controllers when battery is going out. Its quicker.
#16richboy900Posted 1/28/2014 2:58:36 AM
jumbocat posted...
Well the battery fans will tell you the "freedom" of battery choice trumps the convenience of in-built batteries.

Absolutely and have you seen the battery life of the ds4? Its bad, and I don't mean that in a good way
#17SS_MetalSonicPosted 1/28/2014 3:45:18 AM
CKnight posted...
Superman070776 posted...
CKnight posted...

Wrong it isn't dumb.

Christ who cares if other devices have the feature, it's how the feature is implemented and adds to the console exp.

And playing Killzone SF I see the appeal of the touch pad, it's natural right away to use. And will ultimately ease up cumbersome controls for future games. Without the touch pad you'd probably have to hold down a button to pull up the Owl's menu and choose your mode instead of doing it with a flick of the finger on the fly in the heat of combat.

I think the touch pad is more cumbersome than button presses. It doesn't work as well as you are implying.
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Killer Instinct, Killzone: SF, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#18RS_YELARAKAPosted 1/28/2014 3:48:41 AM
Are you really pouting about batteries?
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
Omaha! Omaha! 56 is Mike! Hurry, Hurry!
#19Superman070776Posted 1/28/2014 7:11:46 AM
CKnight posted...
Superman070776 posted...
CKnight posted...

Wrong it isn't dumb.

I could say the same thing about Kinect, which is an actual innovation building from 360 to X1.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#20atl2k5Posted 1/28/2014 8:54:39 AM
I haven't figured out what the problem with Microsoft giving the option to use a rechargeable pack, AA batteries, or rechargeable AA batteries yet... Someone enlighten me. What exactly is wrong with this again??? Oh that's right, nothing.