What does this mean for kinect?

#1zeekcruz425Posted 1/28/2014 11:52:27 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/28/reported-xbox-one-patch-expected-to-improve-graphical-performance

“As it is now, the Xbox One reserves 10 percent of its total GPU power for the Kinect, with 8 percent alone required for video processing. The alleged patch will purportedly free up that 8 percent for use in actual gameplay, leaving the remaining 2 percent for the peripheral's voice input processing”

Does this mean kinect will be less productive? Kinect 2 has been really impressive and its a huge improvement over kinect 1. I really want them to keep developing the kinect because i see amazing technological potential in it.

Open for discussion.
---
God is love. GT MERK uNd HeaD
Boston Red Sox 2013 World Champions!!!
#2AftCometPosted 1/28/2014 11:55:51 AM
It's unclear, but I'm assuming if I game is not going to use Kinect, Microsoft will let the devs choose to allocate the resources to the game.

Good patch if so IMO.
---
PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
PS4 | PS3 | X360 | 3DS XL | Vita | iOS | Android ~~~ PSN: AftComet
#3therickmu25Posted 1/28/2014 11:56:51 AM
I think it just means they're optimizing the console better based on user feedback. The Kinect is an amazing UI navigation tool but there really isn't a need to dedicate thst much power towards it for gaming.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#4AftCometPosted 1/28/2014 11:57:59 AM
therickmu25 posted...
I think it just means they're optimizing the console better based on user feedback. The Kinect is an amazing UI navigation tool but there really isn't a need to dedicate thst much power towards it for gaming.

No....
---
PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
#5therickmu25Posted 1/28/2014 12:00:41 PM
AftComet posted...
therickmu25 posted...

No....

You pose good counter points.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#6AftCometPosted 1/28/2014 12:03:46 PM
therickmu25 posted...
AftComet posted...
therickmu25 posted...

No....

You pose good counter points.

What is there to counterargue when you make statements like "The Kinect is an amazing UI navigation tool" and especially "there really isn't a need to dedicate thst much power towards it for gaming". What development projects have to you worked on to be able to make such a statement?
---
#7zeekcruz425(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 12:05:33 PM
AftComet posted...
It's unclear, but I'm assuming if I game is not going to use Kinect, Microsoft will let the devs choose to allocate the resources to the game.

Good patch if so IMO.

Im all for the patch because i want video games to look better. I just dont want a game to come out for kinect and me feel like im using kinect 1.
---
God is love. GT MERK uNd HeaD
Boston Red Sox 2013 World Champions!!!
#8MRL3G3NDPosted 1/28/2014 12:05:45 PM
lmao @ TC

Kinect has been failing for years... they made everyone buy it, and there is no "must Have app anywhere to be seen...

Kinect is a fail, and they are paying for it

it's a hands-free remote at best...

I suppose they reserved 10% for Kinect...but Kinect is not winning console wars right now... it's the ones inability render 1080p/60fps...they need all hands on deck for that

and I bet this is so titanfall can achieve that lol

they made a bad decision this gen...they gambled the hardcore gamers thinking the casuals would flock to the Kinect...despite the horrendous feedback they got smh...how stupid can you be?

the Kinect has no victories under it's belt...accept something like "fastest selling hardware"...but that is a triumph to marketing, not the peripheral...based on the milo & kate demo-fake-tion..the Kinect was and always will be a big lie
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#9leelee3105Posted 1/28/2014 12:08:09 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
lmao @ TC

Kinect has been failing for years... they made everyone buy it, and there is no "must Have app anywhere to be seen...

Kinect is a fail, and they are paying for it

it's a hands-free remote at best...

I suppose they reserved 10% for Kinect...but Kinect is not winning console wars right now... it's the ones inability render 1080p/60fps...they need all hands on deck for that

and I bet this is so titanfall can achieve that lol

they made a bad decision this gen...they gambled the hardcore gamers thinking the casuals would flock to the Kinect...despite the horrendous feedback they got smh...how stupid can you be?

the Kinect has no victories under it's belt...accept something like "fastest selling hardware"...but that is a triumph to marketing, not the peripheral...based on the milo & kate demo-fake-tion..the Kinect was and always will be a big lie

did this crap actually come from a human brain?
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#10AftCometPosted 1/28/2014 12:08:15 PM
The reason Kinect was made was to try to capitalize on the success of the Wii. But the Wii was a fad at the time. Gamers just don't care about motion controls and developers don't care to come up with ideas to implement them.
---