What does this mean for kinect?

#11EllesarienPosted 1/28/2014 12:12:09 PM
leelee3105 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
lmao @ TC

Kinect has been failing for years... they made everyone buy it, and there is no "must Have app anywhere to be seen...

Kinect is a fail, and they are paying for it

it's a hands-free remote at best...

I suppose they reserved 10% for Kinect...but Kinect is not winning console wars right now... it's the ones inability render 1080p/60fps...they need all hands on deck for that

and I bet this is so titanfall can achieve that lol

they made a bad decision this gen...they gambled the hardcore gamers thinking the casuals would flock to the Kinect...despite the horrendous feedback they got smh...how stupid can you be?

the Kinect has no victories under it's belt...accept something like "fastest selling hardware"...but that is a triumph to marketing, not the peripheral...based on the milo & kate demo-fake-tion..the Kinect was and always will be a big lie

did this crap actually come from a human brain?

Research still ongoing on that...
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#12EllesarienPosted 1/28/2014 12:14:34 PM(edited)
AftComet posted...
The reason Kinect was made was to try to capitalize on the success of the Wii. But the Wii was a fad at the time. Gamers just don't care about motion controls and developers don't care to come up with ideas to implement them.

What developing projects have YOU been a part of to make those statements? Sounds like you must be the Chairman of all Developers' to speak for them all.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#13zeekcruz425(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 12:13:31 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
lmao @ TC

Kinect has been failing for years... they made everyone buy it, and there is no "must Have app anywhere to be seen...

Kinect is a fail, and they are paying for it

it's a hands-free remote at best...

I suppose they reserved 10% for Kinect...but Kinect is not winning console wars right now... it's the ones inability render 1080p/60fps...they need all hands on deck for that

and I bet this is so titanfall can achieve that lol

they made a bad decision this gen...they gambled the hardcore gamers thinking the casuals would flock to the Kinect...despite the horrendous feedback they got smh...how stupid can you be?

the Kinect has no victories under it's belt...accept something like "fastest selling hardware"...but that is a triumph to marketing, not the peripheral...based on the milo & kate demo-fake-tion..the Kinect was and always will be a big lie

I respect your opinion, but In my opinion Kinect is far from a fail. Kinect is ambitious and innovative, and those traits are exactly what other companies are missing. Its time for something new, dont expect to mash buttons for ever we are in 2014.
---
God is love. GT MERK uNd HeaD
Boston Red Sox 2013 World Champions!!!
#14AftCometPosted 1/28/2014 12:22:05 PM
Ellesarien posted...
AftComet posted...
The reason Kinect was made was to try to capitalize on the success of the Wii. But the Wii was a fad at the time. Gamers just don't care about motion controls and developers don't care to come up with ideas to implement them.

What developing projects have YOU been a part of to make those statements? Sounds like you must be the Chairman of all Developers' to speak for them all.

I think its pretty obvious with Kinect 1, the fall of the Wii with the Wii U, and now the debacle with the Xbox One's Kinect and GPU, that gamers don't care about motion control.
---
PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
PS4 | PS3 | X360 | 3DS XL | Vita | iOS | Android ~~~ PSN: AftComet