Patch Expected to Improve GPU Performance

#21extankerPosted 1/29/2014 12:23:34 PM
googler posted...
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
Majority of Xbox owners say they don't care about power,it's all about the games. 1080p,fps,etc...don't really matter to most of these guys.

while that's true - what do they really have now. Xbox was all about some of the best first party for its time. 360 was some 1st party but a lot of great 3rd party that carried it. Now?...

I don't know about you, but I have an awesome game console with great 1st party and 3rd party games. I'm really not stressing about some games not being in 1080p because I enjoy the Xbox environment more than the PS. I also have a PS4 for it's exclusives that I want, but right now that's a very short list. It's also a great system but I just prefer the Xbox One.
#22OUberLordPosted 1/29/2014 12:23:50 PM
I like how L96A1BOSS is arguing something he clearly knows little about.

The patch lessens a threshold that made it so the Kinect always had 10% of the consoles resources reserved for its use, and reduces it down to 2%. This allows for games / apps to more fully access the hardware that is already present.
#23CapnStankyPosted 1/29/2014 12:29:19 PM
L96A1BOSS posted...
CapnStanky posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...
This console is already in people home they can't Change the hardware at this point the best they can do is lie how a patch will give do this and that.

You're not very bright are ya? Never owned a PC before?

Wait since when a console is been compared to PC? You have the intelligence of all the other defense squad running around here.

Every console since the PS2 has been upgradable via firmware updates, genius. JUST LIKE A PC. So basically you answered the question, "Yes, yes I'm not very bright."
#24CapnStankyPosted 1/29/2014 12:31:19 PM
User Name L96A1BOSS
User ID 6070525
Board User Level 5: Warned
User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations. Can only post 3 messages per hour (10 per day), no topics, restored after 48-72 hours

Keep marking his troll posts. He'll be gone soon.
#25Mvsevm_of_Skin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 1:03:15 PM
Huzzah! My thread took off like a bra at a strip club!
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#26Ironman06Posted 1/29/2014 1:34:53 PM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
Sorry if old...

http://www.geek.com/games/xbox-one-patch-expected-to-improve-gpu-performance-at-expense-of-kinect-1583185/

Darn it! I just found the same info in another thread. Sorry for the repeat.

I appreciate the info and the apology. It's a rare thing on this board.
#27StrongBlackVinePosted 1/29/2014 1:40:35 PM
Giarccpsn posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...
This console is already in people home they can't Change the hardware at this point the best they can do is lie how a patch will give do this and that.

You don't think a firmware patch could overclock the gpu?

They already did that before launch the console. If it were safe to overclock it higher than it already is they would have done it already. This patch would up resources that were devoted to operating system(s). It is just rumor at this point, but will probably happen at some point. It will only provide a minimal improvement though, like maybe an extra 3fps.
#28ace_two_maxPosted 1/29/2014 1:45:14 PM
Giarccpsn posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...

You don't think a firmware patch could overclock the gpu?

You do know that overclocking could lead to over heating? Remember what happen when the 360 over heated?
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#29garcia_jxPosted 1/29/2014 2:04:19 PM
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
Majority of Xbox owners say they don't care about power,it's all about the games. 1080p,fps,etc...don't really matter to most of these guys.

Admittedly,I bought the Xbox One thinking there wasn't going to be a huge difference between multiplatform games; however, the difference is larger than I expected, so I also purchased a ps4 for multiplatform games.