why not just do Tomb Raider at 720p and 60 FPS?

#11garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 12:13:28 AM
Terry-bogard posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
lostoutlawnb posted...
ether way people will whine.

Agreed...the comparisons video looked the same to me...only if ur nitpicking can u tell the difference

The difference is VERY noticeable , you can't see it on youtube but believe me , it shows.

I ended picking it up for the ps4. If it ran the same on the Xbox One, then I would have bought it for the Xbox One since it is my console if choice.
#12ChA0TiCoNePosted 1/29/2014 12:16:38 AM
Because Xbone probably can't even do Tomb Raider at 720p & 60.
#13sjc1279Posted 1/29/2014 12:38:47 AM
Terry-bogard posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
lostoutlawnb posted...

Agreed...the comparisons video looked the same to me...only if ur nitpicking can u tell the difference

The difference is VERY noticeable , you can't see it on youtube but believe me , it shows.

This. I have both consoles so I don't care which one is better. When I saw the ign comparison video on Youtube I didn't see much difference. PS4 has IGN App and I watched the IGN comparison video on tv using the ps4 ign app and I clearly saw the difference between the two and I never knew 60fps could make that much difference. Now I want every game to be 60fps. lol
---
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
#14scoobydoobydontPosted 1/29/2014 1:25:57 AM
Because resolution is ever so slightly more important than framerate regardless of what know-nothing know-it-all gamers claim. Anything over 24fps is gravy unless you're a competitive player and who gives a **** about those people?
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#15SythisTaruPosted 1/29/2014 1:27:52 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Because resolution is ever so slightly more important than framerate regardless of what know-nothing know-it-all gamers claim. Anything over 24fps is gravy unless you're a competitive player and who gives a **** about those people?

That's kinda true actually.
#16EnclavePosted 1/29/2014 1:43:20 AM
Lawboy2 posted...
lostoutlawnb posted...

If you watched the video on youtube you should be made aware, Youtube can only output video at 30 fps.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#17oasisbeyondPosted 1/29/2014 4:54:57 AM
The game looks and runs already great on ps3 and 360, who cares? what have gamers come too.Sony will get hurt in the future for pushing 1080p in all games, mark my words on this, games will run like total poop in 2 to 3 years time if they do. Get the best res and a nice smooth frame rate first.
#18billsfanno1Posted 1/29/2014 5:05:04 AM
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
Because Xbone probably can't even do Tomb Raider at 720p & 60.

Yet PS4 has nothing that beats Ryse at 900p/30fps. Then you see how Infamous has been downgraded since E3 and all that fog ... gotta be disconcerting for a PS4 owner whose existence relies on owning the most powerful console.
#19StolenDiagramPosted 1/29/2014 5:31:43 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
It's the developer not the system.

That's why it's 1080 and 60 on ps4 then. It's the system one way or another, either because it's too difficult for the developer to do on xb or the xb doesn't allow for it to be done. Doesn't really instill confidence for the future if last gen titles can't be effectively optimised for next gen hardware.
---
"What you see is the truth.
What you remember, that is the illusion":- Sephiroth FF7
#20richboy900Posted 1/29/2014 5:39:26 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
It's the developer not the system.

I'd imagine its both, but more the system. It simply doesn't have the horsepower to keep up with the ps4, and is clearly quite a way behind.