why not just do Tomb Raider at 720p and 60 FPS?

#21DojoMaxPosted 1/29/2014 5:17:24 AM
richboy900 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
It's the developer not the system.

I'd imagine its both, but more the system. It simply doesn't have the horsepower to keep up with the ps4, and is clearly quite a way behind.

The X1 and PS4 is like Sega Saturn vs PS2. The difference and power and ease of development is that large.
---
stop trollin
#22KillerCabalPosted 1/29/2014 5:20:35 AM
Its the system
#23lunaticcorePosted 1/29/2014 5:31:56 AM
Marqmax posted...
richboy900 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

I'd imagine its both, but more the system. It simply doesn't have the horsepower to keep up with the ps4, and is clearly quite a way behind.

The X1 and PS4 is like Sega Saturn vs PS2. The difference and power and ease of development is that large.

That is a laughably bad comparison. The Saturn in many way went against the common forms of development. If anything the Xbox One is about as straightforward as it gets for development with only the eSRAM being the only thing odd.
#24DojoMaxPosted 1/29/2014 5:33:02 AM
lunaticcore posted...
Marqmax posted...
richboy900 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

That is a laughably bad comparison. The Saturn in many way went against the common forms of development. If anything the Xbox One is about as straightforward as it gets for development with only the eSRAM being the only thing odd.

I'm not sure the Xbox one can emulate Xbox games.
---
stop trollin
#25Viet0nePosted 1/29/2014 5:34:09 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
Because Xbone probably can't even do Tomb Raider at 720p & 60.

Yet PS4 has nothing that beats Ryse at 900p/30fps. Then you see how Infamous has been downgraded since E3 and all that fog ... gotta be disconcerting for a PS4 owner whose existence relies on owning the most powerful console.

Easy to make a game look good when you do so little. Several tech demos on the PS3 look better than Ryse. There are several games on the iPad that look better than Ryse because they do even less and have even more assets that are built in and not rendered in real time. Even then, the game doesn't keep a constant 30 FPS.

If people want to keep comparing Ryse to other games, then let's compare on all aspects of the game. Ryse has gameplay that has even less depth than majority of iPad games. It takes more effort and skill to play Candy Crush than it does Ryse.
---
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#26bob15xPosted 1/29/2014 5:41:12 AM(edited)
I would rather have 1080p. tomb raider is not a game where 60fps is needed. its just a bonus. I would take crisper visuals over it.

for 7 years last gen almost every game was 30fps or a slightly lower and that seemed to be ok, now if it is 30fps people act like its unplayable.

but I guess when Infamous comes out and its 30fps it will be completely fine.
#27dnmtPosted 1/29/2014 5:40:32 AM
bob15x posted...
I would rather have 1080p. tomb raider is not a game where 60fps is needed. its just a bonus. I would take crisper visuals over it.

Sure is a nice bonus to have, though.
#28schmarkenheimerPosted 1/29/2014 6:04:56 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Because resolution is ever so slightly more important than framerate regardless of what know-nothing know-it-all gamers claim. Anything over 24fps is gravy unless you're a competitive player and who gives a **** about those people?

http://i.imgur.com/4aNaqVZ.jpg
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#29dnmtPosted 1/29/2014 6:11:20 AM
bob15x posted...
but I guess when Infamous comes out and its 30fps it will be completely fine.

It will be fine because there's no other version of the game to compare it to and it still looks amazing. Exclusive games and multiplatforms are judged differently.
#30bob15xPosted 1/29/2014 6:17:35 AM(edited)
Viet0ne posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
Because Xbone probably can't even do Tomb Raider at 720p & 60.

Yet PS4 has nothing that beats Ryse at 900p/30fps. Then you see how Infamous has been downgraded since E3 and all that fog ... gotta be disconcerting for a PS4 owner whose existence relies on owning the most powerful console.

Easy to make a game look good when you do so little. Several tech demos on the PS3 look better than Ryse. There are several games on the iPad that look better than Ryse because they do even less and have even more assets that are built in and not rendered in real time. Even then, the game doesn't keep a constant 30 FPS.

If people want to keep comparing Ryse to other games, then let's compare on all aspects of the game. Ryse has gameplay that has even less depth than majority of iPad games. It takes more effort and skill to play Candy Crush than it does Ryse.

have you played Ryse?

nevermind according to your gamertag you do not have an xbox one and man you play a lot of kinect games for always bashing kinect. So many fitness games too.