The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold

#101FriedLemonPosted 1/28/2014 11:42:13 PM
CKnight posted...
FriedLemon posted...
CKnight posted...
What other games have paywalls? I have over 5 million credits and a garage packed with cars in Forza without spending one dime past my $60 purchase.

Cod Ghost, BF4, DR3, Ryse, what game has all these paywalls?

Killer Instinct is free to play.

Who is talking about other games? Last time I checked the topic title was about ESO which is not behind a paywall (aside from the mandatory subscription fee) on the PS4 and has a paywall on XBL.

I never considered XBL to be a paywall. You've always needed it.

No, you didn't.

FriedLemon posted...
This is pathetic, there are actually people defending MS for charging you $ for a service that another provides for free. If it wasn't for all the morons paying for Xbox Live on the 360 PSN would most likely still be free for online multiplayer. In fact, if it wasn't for these idiots MS might have even made multiplayer on Xbox Live for free.

Look at what happened when they tried to pull the same **** on PC. You people defending this crap are pathetic, seriously.
#102OdalmannenPosted 1/29/2014 12:25:02 AM
Microsoft = the cancer of the gaming industry . The day Nintendo leaves console making will be a very sad day.
#103SythisTaruPosted 1/29/2014 12:50:20 AM
Pixx0 posted...
krystyla posted...

And it is a wow clone, at least try to do stuff differently if you want to compete w/ WoW

Oh the logic! Only a very few MMOs come with new ideas (read tera, Blade and soul) but the core is always: fight, do quests, hunt this, get that, level up.
In that, most MMOs are wow clones. In what does it make less good because they are clones?

or are you one to defend Titanfall because it's the next big thing (hint: it's not)?
Pro tip: it's a CoD/BF clone!
Shoot stuff (online), get xp, choose perks, yada yada you get the picture.

Can't but laugh at MS shills hypocrisy here.
Suddenly because Xboners have to pay twice the fee, the game is bad and needs to die (although, after the beat, it's not very promising but still)

Don't blame the game. Blame YOURSELF for supporting MS policies about online play. Now go get some salt.

FFXI only required Xbox Live Silver to play, and this will be the same. Anything you hear otherwise is a lie.
#104DolemiteXPPosted 1/29/2014 1:52:54 AM
doodles40 posted...
DolemiteXP posted...
I guess that it's too bad PS+ is needed for just about everything else so people already bought it then huh?

What? PS+ is only needed for online multiplayer (CoD, BF4 etc) Most people that owned a PS3 already had it.
----
Separate question-
My question about ESO is if I buy it for both PS4 and PC, will I have to pay two monthly fees? I'm not even sure I'm going to buy it but if I do, I have friends that will be playing on those two platforms.

Hence they're already paying for it and don't care that one game won't require it.... I thought I was being clear and to the point but I forgot this is gamefaqs.... o____o
---
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!
#105Timtimmp5Posted 1/29/2014 2:16:55 AM
I don't think anyone can disagree that ps+ has more value then gold. I think the point is that the majority of people who own a PS4 or Xbox One, have ps+ or gold. So this will not effect the majority of owners. I bet most PS4 owners will not even notice that they don't need to have ps+ to play ESO. Same of Xbox One owners, not noticing they have to have gold to play ESO.
---
www.justin.tv/failgaming Come watch!
#106EnclavePosted 1/29/2014 2:20:19 AM
SythisTaru posted...
Pixx0 posted...
krystyla posted...

And it is a wow clone, at least try to do stuff differently if you want to compete w/ WoW

Oh the logic! Only a very few MMOs come with new ideas (read tera, Blade and soul) but the core is always: fight, do quests, hunt this, get that, level up.
In that, most MMOs are wow clones. In what does it make less good because they are clones?

or are you one to defend Titanfall because it's the next big thing (hint: it's not)?

Suddenly because Xboners have to pay twice the fee, the game is bad and needs to die (although, after the beat, it's not very promising but still)

Don't blame the game. Blame YOURSELF for supporting MS policies about online play. Now go get some salt.

FFXI only required Xbox Live Silver to play, and this will be the same. Anything you hear otherwise is a lie.

Final Fantasy XIV was going to require Gold, that's why Squenix refused to port it to the 360 and Xbone. Also, it's Bethesda saying that its going to require Gold but not PS+, does Bethesda somehow not know?
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#107krystylaPosted 1/29/2014 3:22:35 AM
Enclave posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Pixx0 posted...
krystyla posted...

Final Fantasy XIV was going to require Gold, that's why Squenix refused to port it to the 360 and Xbone. Also, it's Bethesda saying that its going to require Gold but not PS+, does Bethesda somehow not know?

They didn't port because MS didn't allow cross platform play. There were about 40 million gold members that would have been potential buyers.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#108nb003_99Posted 1/29/2014 3:23:51 AM
If you don't pay ms, you're not a real gamer!
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#109dnmtPosted 1/29/2014 3:31:26 AM
nb003_99 posted...
If you don't pay ms, you're not a real gamer!

This is what Xboners actually think, lol.
#110EnclavePosted 1/29/2014 3:32:02 AM
krystyla posted...
They didn't port because MS didn't allow cross platform play. There were about 40 million gold members that would have been potential buyers.

Back when they were considering porting it I'd heard both those reasons being brought up. It wasn't purely because of the cross platform play and not just because of the gold requirement.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.