The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold
1 year ago#31
TheHunger82 posted...
I have gold so thats good then. Couldn't care less about ps4. Next.

Is it really illogical for people to not want to pay 50 bucks per year for PS+ or Live and then an additional fee for the games subscription?
It wouldnt be surprising if it gained a larger following on the PS4 than on the XB1
---
"Remember when consoles only played games? Pepperidge Farm remembers." - Broly4561
1 year ago#32
And....BOOM goes the dynamite.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
1 year ago#33
It's funny how every playstation owner has played don't starve and resogun for free...and now all of a sudden no one has ps+ GTFO
1 year ago#34
Sinizta03 posted...
The Microsoft defense force is already trying to spin this as anything but "Idiotic MS policy and another reason why Microsoft needs to leave gaming". A paywall behind a paywall LOL fail.

I don't agree MS needs to leave gaming, but I do agree the paywall needs to go....but it needs to go on the PS4 too. Exclusive content, timed access to games/demos, app support, server stability -- these should be free -- the extras that entice consumers to buy your console (which already has multiple revenue streams based on the sell rate of your hardware -- Ads, royalties, DLC, etc).

I have no idea why people are paying for this...on either console.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
1 year ago#35
zinsindetta posted...
You only need 1 gold membership on a console. Who really bought the Xbox One and does not plan to have gold, lol.

If and/or when I get a xbo, I will not have gold. It holds no purpose or value for me. The only reason I have plus is because it holds value beyond multiplayer. If it did not, I wouldn't have that either.
1 year ago#36
violentdissmay posted...
TheHunger82 posted...

Is it really illogical for people to not want to pay 50 bucks per year for PS+ or Live and then an additional fee for the games subscription?
It wouldnt be surprising if it gained a larger following on the PS4 than on the XB1

If someone has the money to waste it on TESO he has the money to buy live/+
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
1 year ago#37
Pulp posted...
Sinizta03 posted...
The Microsoft defense force is already trying to spin this as anything but "Idiotic MS policy and another reason why Microsoft needs to leave gaming". A paywall behind a paywall LOL fail.

I don't agree MS needs to leave gaming, but I do agree the paywall needs to go....but it needs to go on the PS4 too. Exclusive content, timed access to games/demos, app support, server stability -- these should be free -- the extras that entice consumers to buy your console (which already has multiple revenue streams based on the sell rate of your hardware -- Ads, royalties, DLC, etc).

I have no idea why people are paying for this...on either console.

Outside of the multiplayer requiring PS+, PS+ is an actual service:

- Discount/coupon service: Subscribers do get a better price on PSN sale items(steam level at times)
- Cloud save service: Back up your saved files via cloud
- Instant game collection/Rental/free games(whatever you wanna call it)
- Etc.

I do agree PS+/Gold shouldn't be needed for on-line play though, but I fear the time to revert this has passed since MS got away with it for a whole generation. It's still possible but it'll be like trying to get rid of a supposed temporary tax years later.
1 year ago#38
violentdissmay posted...
TheHunger82 posted...

yes it makes you a cry baby, and appear very poor.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
1 year ago#39
Every F2P game on Live needs Gold. That was part of the argument World of Tanks was having. MS basically have to do it for everyone, or for no-one, but I can't see them changing it. As they publish several F2P games themselves you would think it would be in their favour as it would up their chances to snaffle a few extra micro-transactions here and there. I get the feeling they just think it would confuse the issue about what silver and gold fundamentally are as concepts.

Mind you, ES has a monthly fee, so it's a slightly different model again. Maybe they just need to give MS a cent per user or something.
1 year ago#40
RickGotti posted...
XBox shills say: "That's a good thing"

Everyone else says, "Whaaaaaaa?"

But you should listen to the sane group. The one that tells you to be happy about it. Thanks MS

Xbox fans say: nothing new, Live has aleays been like this.

Ponies say: I would never pay to play online... For a game with a sub.... Yeah otherwise its okay now even though psn used to be free....
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived