The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold

#41leelee3105Posted 1/28/2014 2:24:39 PM
ejay8320 posted...
Pulp posted...
Sinizta03 posted...
The Microsoft defense force is already trying to spin this as anything but "Idiotic MS policy and another reason why Microsoft needs to leave gaming". A paywall behind a paywall LOL fail.

I don't agree MS needs to leave gaming, but I do agree the paywall needs to go....but it needs to go on the PS4 too. Exclusive content, timed access to games/demos, app support, server stability -- these should be free -- the extras that entice consumers to buy your console (which already has multiple revenue streams based on the sell rate of your hardware -- Ads, royalties, DLC, etc).

I have no idea why people are paying for this...on either console.

Outside of the multiplayer requiring PS+, PS+ is an actual service:

- Discount/coupon service: Subscribers do get a better price on PSN sale items(steam level at times)
- Cloud save service: Back up your saved files via cloud
- Instant game collection/Rental/free games(whatever you wanna call it)
- Etc.

I do agree PS+/Gold shouldn't be needed for on-line play though, but I fear the time to revert this has passed since MS got away with it for a whole generation. It's still possible but it'll be like trying to get rid of a supposed temporary tax years later.

live gold has had cloud saves and free game downloads for awhile now. plus the rewards program they have is the same as getting coupons
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#42crucialPosted 1/28/2014 2:28:05 PM
It's just a matter of time before Sony starts doing this I mean they copy MS with everything else why not this?

And Bethesda is not even really making this game and it looks last gen with it being 60 bucks and 15 bucks a month is a lol,and the people that are going to buy this garbage most likely all ready has PS+,does not matter it is not going to sell well at all,even with the 8 years of gold I have I will not touch this game,just look at video feeds of this game,it looks generic and to me does not even look like a TES game.

Just give me Halo,Gears,TF and I am set,this will do better on PS4 since it has no games so I am glad there getting something
#43EnclavePosted 1/28/2014 3:31:31 PM
zinsindetta posted...
You only need 1 gold membership on a console. Who really bought the Xbox One and does not plan to have gold, lol.

I never had gold on my 360 and wouldn't have PS+ if not for the instant game collection.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#44Charity_DiaryPosted 1/28/2014 3:36:50 PM
Shouldn't it be reversed? If you have Gold or PS Plus, you shouldn't have to pay a sub fee... No one's going to cancel their PS Plus and just play ESO...
#45ShadowHulkPosted 1/28/2014 3:42:30 PM
TheHunger82 posted...
I have gold so thats good then. Couldn't care less about ps4. Next.

Fanboys are no fun.
#46Alter_NaytePosted 1/28/2014 3:43:27 PM
The games are a bit old now but didnt Phantasy Star Universe and FFXI let you play on a silver sub back in the day? don't see why its not possible for X1 for those want the game.
#47PrinceMedionPosted 1/28/2014 3:45:28 PM
YOLOSWAGBRO posted...
We're okay with paying a premium for a premium product. We're not poor.

I really don't care about the fanboy BS on either side but I find it hilarious that many X1 fans say that and yet they downplay everything related to the resolution/framerate/hardware differences between the PS4 and X1 XD
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#48Th3Hamburg1arPosted 1/28/2014 3:45:46 PM
I own a PS4. Have PS+. I have never owned an XBOX, and more than likely never will. That said,
it seems nice that you don't have to have PS+ to play ESO, while it seems kind of dumb that you have to have XBLG to play it.

But I really don't understand what demographic of gamer will:
A) Have a nextgen console (PS4 or XBO)
B) Not be interested in playing the online features for most/all games (ie not have Gold or Plus)
C) Be interested in playing ESO
AND
D) Have the disposable income to allow them to pay for ESO

It's a neat little perk for PS4 users, and a bit of a WTF for XBO users, but honestly, who fits all of those criteria to make this matter?
---
PSN: Wangster702
Currently Playing: Battlefield 4 (PS4)
#49staticxtreme5Posted 1/28/2014 3:50:53 PM
Lets face it... If you bought the One with no intention of keeping a Live subscription, you probably should have just bought a PS4.
#50stekim40Posted 1/28/2014 4:07:01 PM
RickGotti posted...
rgw posted...
XBLG is required for everything why is this surprising

I guess the question is: Why is it required for everything?

Because Microsoft are greedy and only see one thing $$$$$$$$.

Thats why the browser and even twitter are locked behind a paywall.. greed.

I love my 360 but I am soooooooo glad it was my last MS product..
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!