The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold

#91TheGam3925Posted 1/28/2014 10:10:13 PM
Marqmax posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Who buys an Xbox One and doesn't get gold?

People who do not like online multiplayer gaming.

So the people who don't like online gaming would be buying an online only game?

The question I responded to has nothing to do with Elder Scrolls Online. Read the question again.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#92Dev445Posted 1/28/2014 10:13:56 PM
FriedLemon posted...
This is pathetic, there are actually people defending MS for charging you $ for a service that another provides for free. If it wasn't for all the morons paying for Xbox Live on the 360 PSN would most likely still be free for online multiplayer. In fact, if it wasn't for these idiots MS might have even made multiplayer on Xbox Live for free.

Look at what happened when they tried to pull the same **** on PC. You people defending this crap are pathetic, seriously.

Nobody ain't defending jack, this is just how MS been doing things for years, You always needed Gold to access about everything for XBL. So this is nothing new. If they jacked up the price or something for XBL then I could see where your coming from.

I don't know your finnical
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#93FriedLemonPosted 1/28/2014 10:17:08 PM
Dev445 posted...
FriedLemon posted...
This is pathetic, there are actually people defending MS for charging you $ for a service that another provides for free. If it wasn't for all the morons paying for Xbox Live on the 360 PSN would most likely still be free for online multiplayer. In fact, if it wasn't for these idiots MS might have even made multiplayer on Xbox Live for free.

Look at what happened when they tried to pull the same **** on PC. You people defending this crap are pathetic, seriously.

Nobody ain't defending jack, this is just how MS been doing things for years, You always needed Gold to access about everything for XBL. So this is nothing new. If they jacked up the price or something for XBL then I could see where your coming from.

I don't know your finnical

FriedLemon posted...
No, just because morons made online mutiplayer for consoles a paid service does not mean that people have to accept further paywalls. MS is literally pushing to see how much crap they can get away. If people boycott ESO on X1 I can guarantee you that MS will come out and do something about it, just like how MS bent over when they saw the preorder sales figures for the X1.

Hell, if everyone boycotts both PSN and XBL and goes PC free online multiplayer I can also guarantee you that they will most likely make online multiplayer free.

On the other hand, if everyone accepts this BS then Sony will most likely follow MS once again and put more things behind a paywall like MS is doing.
#94CKnightPosted 1/28/2014 10:21:36 PM
FriedLemon posted...
CKnight posted...
ejay8320 posted...
CKnight posted...
To do anything online with the Xbox always cost money. For over 10 years you had to pay for Xboxlive to do anything online.

When PSN was 100% free you had to play to do anything online with the Xbox consoles.

Now that Sony started charging for PS Plus you still have to pay to do anything online with the Xbox console.

Xboxlive never changed so when people make these topics like it's breaking news whats the point.

If you want to take the Xbox online you have to pay, since 2002 you had to pay.

No the issue is people are still defending stupid practices like requiring gold to use netflix or play ESO(not that I will play it).

Is it breaking news, no, but its still a bad practice and shouldn't be defended.

Whose defending it? It's simply the reality of the Xbox console and has been that way for 2 generations now. And people talk about it, like its new.

FYI you need a gold account to do nearly anything online since November 2002. And even when PSN was completely free the paid service competed with it, so why would anything change now that Sony charges for some features? PSN is gradually just becoming another XBL.

No, just because morons made online mutiplayer for consoles a paid service does not mean that people have to accept further paywalls. MS is literally pushing to see how much crap they can get away. If people boycott ESO on X1 I can guarantee you that MS will come out and do something about it, just like how MS bent over when they saw the preorder sales figures for the X1.

Hell, if everyone boycotts both PSN and XBL and goes PC free online multiplayer I can also guarantee you that they will most likely make online multiplayer free.

On the other hand, if everyone accepts this BS then Sony will most likely follow MS once again and put more things behind a paywall like MS is doing.

What other games have paywalls? I have over 5 million credits and a garage packed with cars in Forza without spending one dime past my $60 purchase.

Cod Ghost, BF4, DR3, Ryse, what game has all these paywalls?

Killer Instinct is free to play.
#95FriedLemonPosted 1/28/2014 10:30:22 PM(edited)
CKnight posted...
What other games have paywalls? I have over 5 million credits and a garage packed with cars in Forza without spending one dime past my $60 purchase.

Who is talking about other games? Last time I checked the topic title was about ESO which is not behind a paywall (aside from the mandatory subscription fee) on the PS4 and has a paywall on XBL.
#96casper316Posted 1/28/2014 10:28:46 PM
twinspectre posted...
DolemiteXP posted...
I guess that it's too bad PS+ is needed for just about everything else so people already bought it then huh?

PS+ is NOT LIVE Gold
(GOLD)you Pay to play Online and you still pay to play ESO , if you want to play ESO you need to pay 59.99GOLD + 13.99 ESO
(PS+) IS NOT required to play ESO , so if you want to play ONLY ESO you can pay ONLY 13.99
PS+ isnt required for Everything is just for Online Gaming + you will get Free Games (tomorrow EU will get BIOSHOCK INFINITE + METRO LAST LIGHT and the 5th February we will get OUTLAST for Free)
Xbox without GOLD is just a BOX
i hope you get the point

and IM NOT A FANBOY im just a Gamer

you forgot to mention 1 very important detail, with PS+ you don't actually own any of those free games. they are not your games to keep, once you stop paying for PS+ all those "FREE" games goes bye bye. at least with xbox live gold we may get old games with games with gold but at least they are ours to keep even if we cancel our gold subscriptions. but lets get back on topic the xbox live service is better then PSN in almost every way possible, 99% of the people didn't buy xbox's to watch Netflix, ESPN or some other app on, I'm pretty dang sure we bought our consoles to play games on, and since the majority of all of us play online MS gave us all those apps as extra benefits for Gold members. but I'm guessing all you sony ponies bought your ps3's and ps4's for netflix and stuff like that huh, must be a great media device.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#97Lawboy2Posted 1/28/2014 10:28:54 PM
Again I say...since no one was paying attention...it's funny how everyone has enjoyed thiose free games...such as don't starve and resogun but now they don't have ps+
#98CKnightPosted 1/28/2014 10:36:02 PM
FriedLemon posted...
CKnight posted...

Who is talking about other games? Last time I checked the topic title was about ESO which is not behind a paywall (aside from the mandatory subscription fee) on the PS4 and has a paywall on XBL.

I never considered XBL to be a paywall. You've always needed it.
#99Lawboy2Posted 1/28/2014 10:37:30 PM
FriedLemon posted...
CKnight posted...

Again I say...since no one was paying attention...it's funny how everyone has enjoyed thiose free games...such as don't starve and resogun but now they don't have ps+
#100Terry-bogardPosted 1/28/2014 10:40:42 PM
I think it shows again how greedy and unrespectufl towards gamer microsoft is.
BUT , who gets a xbox one or ps4 without gold or ps+ ?
People who are hell bent on not paying anything each month will not play a MMO.

So YES , another reason to buy a ps4 instead of a xbox , but I don't see any tragedy .
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.