Very happy with my XBO

#1AndrewDean84xPosted 1/28/2014 2:52:16 PM
I haven't turned on my PS4 to game since last Sunday. I've been playing all the fun exclusive games, as well as double dipping Battlefield 4. There's no question that as of right now the XBO offers the better catalog, but it also has the lesser versions of third party games. I've played Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts on both the XBO and the PS4 and couldn't see a difference. I own Assassins Creed IV on the PS4 only though, so I can't compare that game on both consoles.

I really like the controller, not as much as I like the PS4 pad though. Also not having a headphone jack like the Wii U gamepad and PS4 controller really dampers me on the XBO a little bit. I have a family that sleeps while I game, and sometimes I like my games loud, and I don't want to have to buy a special headset just for the XBO games.

The console itself is cool looking. Looks great in my TV stand. It's big, but not as big as one would think. Heavy though. Feels sturdy, made to last, while the PS4 seems flimsy, imo.

I never had a Kinect for the 360, so this is my first time ever using it. Seems ok. It works. The voice stuff works. The device itself is pretty big. Way bigger than I thought. Not too afraid that the NSA will peek in on me and my girls. Most of the time they'll see me in my lay-z-boy, scratching my balls, picking my nose or farting and blaming it on the dog.

The OS is simple enough. Nothing major there. It's fast(not as fast as the PS4 OS) and responsive. I like it. The apps are all there. I haven't Skype'd yet, but my girls and I will Skype my mother this weekend.

Now on to the game changer for me. Snap. Holy crap. Snapping Hulu, Netflix or whatever while playing a game might be the best new feature for next gen, over remote play/off screen play. I'm a man that likes to multitask my gaming and tv watching, because I have a full-time job, wife, kid and two pets. My free time just ain't what it used to be. So many times I have to have my wii u gamepad in my lap while playing a game on the tv or vice versa. Now that I can do both on my big screen......wow. Double-tapping the xbox button to switch between the two snapped screens is incredible.

I gamefly a lot of games, so I can easily see myself renting more games on the xbox one than on the PS4. However, that will have to be on a game-by-game basis.

I like what is on the horizon for both consoles. Hell, all three consoles. All in all, I guess I want to say, I love all three of my next-gen systems for different reasons. They all hold a place in my entertainment system, and that's not gonna change. I look forward to seeing how the third party games perform in a year or two, once devs start building to both consoles strength. Remember how bad games on the PS3 performed, compared to the 360? That lasted about a year or two.

Here's a list of games I own for the XBO:

Forza 5
Halo: Spartan Assault
Ryse: Sone of Rome
Dead Rising 3
Battlefield 4
Killer Instinct (got a code to unlock everything from MS before the XBO launch)
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
#2RebelGameMasterPosted 1/28/2014 2:54:13 PM
Poll: Which wall is bigger? The Xbone's Paywall or the TC's Wall O' Text?

Vote now!
---
THE XBONE: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/576/502/388.jpg
#3KanokarePosted 1/28/2014 2:55:09 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...

Vote now!

You clearly don't know what a "Wall O' Text" is.
---
XBL / PSN / VITA / Steam ID - Kanokare
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming/videos
#4axelfooley2k5Posted 1/28/2014 2:55:42 PM
im starting to feel bad for the xbox one

lol im not, they named it xbox one
---
Guys! You gotta make it sexy. Hips and Nips, Otherwise i'm not eatin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54GV2qS3tL4
#5AndrewDean84x(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 2:58:58 PM
I hope in a future update, MS gives us different options with Snap. Like screen sizes and what not.
#6SigmaLongshotPosted 1/28/2014 3:00:21 PM
Though I totally agree that the Xbox One has had the lion's share of my gameplay, I've actually spent the residual gaming time playing Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii (through the WiiU) and Seaman on the Dreamcast.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#7AndrewDean84x(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 3:02:10 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Though I totally agree that the Xbox One has had the lion's share of my gameplay, I've actually spent the residual gaming time playing Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii (through the WiiU) and Seaman on the Dreamcast.

Well that's understanable. TP was an amazing game.
#8micheal82Posted 1/28/2014 3:05:42 PM
I feel the same way, but I was called a troll because I stated that I haven't touched my PS4 for 2 weeks. Right now it is going on a full month since I played my PS4. I saw very little difference between the X1 and the PS4 version of BF4 and COD Ghost. Just like you I only own Assassin's Creed on the PS4 so O can't make a comparison. Killzone and Ryse were the only games that I have traded in because I have no desire to play them any more.

For me KI, DR3 and Forza are getting played often and I'm have fun playing them. March is going to be a busy month for me with MGSV, Titanfall and inFamous Second Son coming out. I see a lot potential for great games on both the X1 and the PS4.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#9Snake855Posted 1/28/2014 3:05:55 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...

LOL!! What a coincidence! I went back to playing Twilight Princess on my Gamecube 2 days ago !
---
WoW Owns Your Soul
#10SonyPonyTonyPosted 1/28/2014 3:07:59 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...

Vote now!

mad?
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA