Microsoft knew all along what they were doing. Strategy

#11StrongBlackVinePosted 1/28/2014 7:47:14 PM
With all this Microsoft has ZERO chance outselling PlayStation 5 worldwide. The owners of the Xflop will benefit though because Microsoft will have to work really hard for their sales. Do you think Microsoft would be making these all moves if people had bent over for the DRM?

Also graphics patch, LOL. That bump "might" get an extra 3fps.
#12KcrackPosted 1/28/2014 7:51:38 PM
A patch to make it more powerful? Lmao
#13md22mdrxPosted 1/28/2014 7:56:48 PM
thesticker posted...
In what way will the patch make the console more graphically powerful.

By neutering the kinect.

They're taking the processing power used for kinect and reducing it to like 2%. That kinect you paid $100 more for???? Neutered.
#14Apex-PlayerPosted 1/28/2014 8:16:35 PM(edited)
Cornbread4life posted...

Nobody seriously thinks that way. And I thought the stereotypical xbro was a gym rat? I don't think they're the lazy gamers, I thought that title was reserved for that "PC Master Race."

They do seriously think like that, I have seen many instances like it on these forums as a positive for the Kinect.

No need to take my word for it, just keep your eyes open well reading from now on.
You'll see, it's kinda sad really.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#15Goregasm17Posted 1/28/2014 8:04:11 PM
thesticker posted...

Ever heard of driver updates? Driver updates can do things to make a GPU stronger, could also overclock it if they wanted to
#161nternationa7Posted 1/28/2014 8:09:49 PM
Microsoft is only doing what is best for the industry. That's why they sold more PS4s than Sony to make sure they have a competitor to survive in the industry!
---
Lords of Shadow 2 (02/25/2014) will be GoTY 2014 for PS3/360 and best H&S of the generation. Optional QTEs, 20 hours gameplay, epic story, and challenging!
#17Mr BumpPosted 1/28/2014 8:10:00 PM
Goregasm17 posted...
thesticker posted...

Ever heard of driver updates? Driver updates can do things to make a GPU stronger, could also overclock it if they wanted to

This is, by far, the funniest thing I've read all day.
---
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ
#18Cornbread4lifePosted 1/28/2014 8:11:46 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Cornbread4life posted...

Nobody seriously thinks that way. And I thought the stereotypical xbro was a gym rat? I don't think they're the lazy gamers, I thought that title was reserved for that "PC Master Race."

They do seriously think like that, I have seen many instances like it on these forums as a defense for the Kinect.

No need to take my word for it, just keep your eyes open well reading from now on.
You'll see, it's kinda sad really.

I'm not saying they don't post it, I'm just saying they're probably pulling your leg a little. Saying something takes longer than pressing a button. Only reason why it's still useful is because the UI is like a maze, so some of the things I only know how to find by using voice controls.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#19xacebopPosted 1/28/2014 8:15:41 PM
Goregasm17 posted...
thesticker posted...

Lol. Made my day

Ever heard of driver updates? They can stop world hunger and bring peace to the middle east
#20wake_me_420Posted 1/28/2014 8:27:01 PM(edited)
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but when MS mentioned unleashing more power from the system for developers to use, didn't they say it would be down the line, in like years, not in the first quarter of being released? If so, seems like a desperation move, and makes me curious to see how multiplatform games will compare in a couple years. Will devs be able to push the XB1, or will it's hardware limitations become more of a hindrance.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA