Microsoft knew all along what they were doing. Strategy

#121aszsithPosted 2/1/2014 10:45:32 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
aszsith posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
With all this Microsoft has ZERO chance outselling PlayStation 5 worldwide. The owners of the Xflop will benefit though because Microsoft will have to work really hard for their sales. Do you think Microsoft would be making these all moves if people had bent over for the DRM?

Also graphics patch, LOL. That bump "might" get an extra 3fps.

There won't be a 4th Xbox if Xbox One doesn't satisfy their investors in profitability, LOL.

The XBOne is profitable though. That's the funny thing. And Microsoft, overall, is thriving right now. Regardless, the board there seems to hate the division and may kill it anyway.

The other funny thing is that there may not be a PS5 even if the PS4 is profitable because Sony, as a whole, is falling apart and the Playstation division may not be enough to save it.

Wrong, bud, wrong. If anything, Sony's not exactly relying on PS4 to make the company profitable to save the company, as a video game console can't exactly save a company due to gaming being a very small part of their sector...it's their other stuff like TV's that are dragging them down financially.

Plus the Xbox brand is $6+ Billion in the hole as it is.

Wow. I'm not sure I can explain to you how incorrect your business assessment is because with it being so completely incorrect it shows you have no understanding of how business works from a financial perspective. This is gonna be like describing color to a blind person.

You are saying that the PS Brand doesn't count and then say that the XB brand does. There's no balance in that. Either both count, or neither does. (this is a trick statement, they both count).

Sony is in trouble, as a whole. They have seen declines in net income year after year. Sony is most certainly counting on the PS4 to help generate MUCH needed income for the company. They need anything and everything to generate income. This year was the first in a while that they had positive income. That was due to strong PS4 sales more than any other factor. Saying a major business segment isn't relevant to the company is just displaying your ignorance of how things work.

Microsoft also wants the XBOne to be profitable as a product since the division has historic losses to cover. However, as a company, Microsoft can afford to absorb those losses (and has over time to the point that they are no longer considered current losses). Again, pointing out these OLD figures just shows you can read an article but don't understand how the concepts work.

Microsoft is generating more income. Any one who is in touch with the world of business finance knows these things. They are facts reported to the SEC and available for review in the company financials. Sony's will be released on February 6th. Microsoft just released their Q2 report on January 23rd.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#122DeathRupter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 11:40:17 AM
Kcrack posted...
DeathRupter posted...
NSGraphite posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Playstation 4's exclusive library in 2014: *Owl hoots twice*

Hoo, hoo......"infamous"

Hoo, hoo...."the order 1866"

Hoo, hoo..."daylight"

Hoo, hoo..."ff14"

Hoo, hoo..."the witness"

Hoo, hoo..."try harder"

The witness? 3d puzzle game? hahahah

The Xbone has zero retail exclusives until Q4. I don't see what's so funny.

Ok with the upcoming PS4 exclusives, Xbox One gamers won't be drooling on DriveClub when they have Forza 5...I'm assuming you are talking about Infamous? Not even a system seller, and the entire series is MEH. Why do you think there's more exclusives coming out for PS4 before Q4? Their launch games were dull. On the other hand, we have Titanfall but I wouldn't rave about this, it looks pretty lame from what I see thus far.
---
XBL gamertag :Ru55o
PSN: Russo_316
#123Grenade LauncherPosted 2/1/2014 7:45:59 PM
aszsith posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
With all this Microsoft has ZERO chance outselling PlayStation 5 worldwide. The owners of the Xflop will benefit though because Microsoft will have to work really hard for their sales. Do you think Microsoft would be making these all moves if people had bent over for the DRM?

Also graphics patch, LOL. That bump "might" get an extra 3fps.

There won't be a 4th Xbox if Xbox One doesn't satisfy their investors in profitability, LOL.

The XBOne is profitable though. That's the funny thing.

It's barely breaking even atm. But you're mostly right, the non-crap parts of Microsoft will keep the Bone afloat in the same way that insurance and banking will keep the PS4 around.
---
Herp Derp Merp Blerp
Grenade launcher is quality too. - Okikurmi
#124riddlebox13Posted 2/1/2014 9:09:02 PM
DeathRupter posted...
Kcrack posted...
DeathRupter posted...
NSGraphite posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Playstation 4's exclusive library in 2014: *Owl hoots twice*

Hoo, hoo......"infamous"

Hoo, hoo...."the order 1866"

Hoo, hoo..."daylight"

Hoo, hoo..."ff14"

Hoo, hoo..."the witness"

Hoo, hoo..."try harder"

The witness? 3d puzzle game? hahahah

The Xbone has zero retail exclusives until Q4. I don't see what's so funny.

Ok with the upcoming PS4 exclusives, Xbox One gamers won't be drooling on DriveClub when they have Forza 5...I'm assuming you are talking about Infamous? Not even a system seller, and the entire series is MEH. Why do you think there's more exclusives coming out for PS4 before Q4? Their launch games were dull. On the other hand, we have Titanfall but I wouldn't rave about this, it looks pretty lame from what I see thus far.

I've got Forza 5 and I'm still excited for Driveclub. It has better graphics and with more time it has more potential to correct mistakes that Forza didn't catch.

As for Infamous that is your opinion and the first 2 games both sold nearly 2 million copies which for the PS3 is really good as TLoU sold about 3.4 million. The other two games were a little bit under the radar, but with how many games came out for launch and it being the first AAA game since launch I think it is VERY easy to imagine it selling well and pushing the console sales wise. I have both systems and have played the exclusives for both.

Dull launch as opposed to Xbox One's amazing launch? Xbox One only has 2 real games worth buying right now and those being DR 3 and Forza 5. Ryse is dull after about 20 minutes and is basically a $60 tech demo.

Hell, even mathematically speaking what you said isn't true. I put the 16 games that came out on Xbox One (Multiplats included) added the scores up and divided. The average? 65. I did the same thing with PS4 games and came out with a 79. If you go with exclusives only you get a 62 to 68 and that includes the overscored Ryse and underscored Knack.

You seem like one of those people who think Quantity > Quality and that if something is more expensive it is therefore better. So even if we ignore these numbers how are the games coming out magically a product of a bad launch? PS4 is outselling Xbox One by a respectable amount this early on. Now if Xbox were doing this I'd understand your comment, but they aren't. They are taking their time and while in the long run it may help but it won't boost their sales or be anything to brag about. Because while they are taking their time Sony is steadily releasing games and making PS+ a worthwhile payment.

Also the patch you speak of is a 10% increase which still isn't making ti stronger than the PS4 by a long shot and so far that is being shown in multiplats. A sad part about multiplats and a sign of something bad is that most reviewers are only reviewing them on PS4. Underlining that it is better to get a PS4 than an Xbox One unless you are looking for Xbox exclusives which are few in number and slowly coming out. What is even worse is if you go to IGN's Upcoming games Xbox has one apge while PS4 has 2 pages of games coming.
#125riddlebox13Posted 2/1/2014 9:09:55 PM
Oh also these 'smart' moves by MS are actually the reasons they are currently losing in sales and could potentially end up with them selling off or overall closing their Xbox Division. So, yeah, great job MS!
#126Laylow12Posted 2/1/2014 9:15:38 PM
riddlebox13 posted...
Oh also these 'smart' moves by MS are actually the reasons they are currently losing in sales and could potentially end up with them selling off or overall closing their Xbox Division. So, yeah, great job MS!

They are kicking butt.....their own, but hey they're really doing a good job of it!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#127DeathRupter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 8:43:28 AM(edited)
riddlebox13 posted...

That's completel false. You do know the 360 outsold PS3 right despite coming out a year later? Microsodft has so many connections within the industry and their marketing is to the masses. More marketing always wins. Besides, this is prob the last gaming consoles for both companies. NINTENDO will prob shut down their console division and focus on hand held portable gaming.
---
XBL gamertag :Ru55o
PSN: Russo_316