Microsoft knew all along what they were doing. Strategy

#21devnull520Posted 1/28/2014 7:32:53 PM
Kcrack posted...
A patch to make it more powerful? Lmao

Not here to defend xbox, MS dropped the ball with this console badly (oddly enough I own one and sold my ps4 after a week of ownership - still planning to grab one later, it was an offer I could not refuse at the time)

Now back on topic, I am a software engineer, a few weeks ago at work we rewrote 2 database libraries and got a 15 percent decrease in cpu usage. Most of the time when software is written for the first time the main idea is to get functionality. Performance and all the extra bells and whistles are not that important. So, while I dont like the idea of people saying MS did the smart thing with the Xbox One (hint: they didnt) I think it is possible for them to get more juice out of this console, and with time provide a whole new and better experience. Same for Sony with the only exception that MS is first and foremost a software company, while Sony is not.
#22Lawboy2Posted 1/28/2014 7:36:53 PM
Does anybody think that if Microsoft had released the disk less version of the xbox one they would have had more room to make the xbox one powerful or maybe without the cd drive could have put the kinect technology inside...it may be a stupid idea
#23Xuande12Posted 1/28/2014 7:38:05 PM
Xbox is called Shooterbox with good reason. I am so bored of shooters, Titanfall as Gears don't interest me. I want real games not games for boys hitting puberty that are craving testosterone.
---
Norman Bates does it for his mother.
#24liquidblue4Posted 1/28/2014 7:41:00 PM
Apex-Player posted...

Obviously Sony is having a slow year for AAA titles, but they are at least still giving games out for ps+
and all the other positives that are functional not a puff of cloud.
Once xbox slows down and Sony takes off with games, it's no contest.

Would you rather a 100$ now, or 10k in 6 months if you can have patience.

Enjoy your launch lineup, try not to be jealous later though ;)

I've heard this exact same thing about the Vita. 2 years later and Vita is still on life support.
I think you're in for a bad generation.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#25Lawboy2Posted 1/28/2014 7:44:01 PM
Xuande12 posted...
Xbox is called Shooterbox with good reason. I am so bored of shooters, Titanfall as Gears don't interest me. I want real games not games for boys hitting puberty that are craving testosterone.

What other games are out that you want to play aon any console that are not shooters
#26SolidManifestPosted 1/28/2014 7:44:10 PM
@tc you can't patch better hardware. Xbox 1's gpu is a tier lower than PS4s
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#27wake_me_420Posted 1/28/2014 7:44:23 PM
Is gears similar to Halo in the sense that MS owns the name, but the original development team is gone?
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#28SolidManifestPosted 1/28/2014 7:48:02 PM
wake_me_420 posted...
Is gears similar to Halo in the sense that MS owns the name, but the original development team is gone?

Yup. 343 and Black Tusk (?) are running the dev cycle
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#29wake_me_420Posted 1/28/2014 7:49:12 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
Apex-Player posted...

Obviously Sony is having a slow year for AAA titles, but they are at least still giving games out for ps+
and all the other positives that are functional not a puff of cloud.
Once xbox slows down and Sony takes off with games, it's no contest.

Would you rather a 100$ now, or 10k in 6 months if you can have patience.

Enjoy your launch lineup, try not to be jealous later though ;)

I've heard this exact same thing about the Vita. 2 years later and Vita is still on life support.
I think you're in for a bad generation.

You honestly think the Vita's lack of success means the PS4 will do poorly? They are two different markets. I think looking at last gen of home consoles gives a better idea of future trends, not equating a failing handheld market to a poor future for the PS4
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#30Xuande12Posted 1/28/2014 7:53:05 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Xuande12 posted...

What other games are out that you want to play aon any console that are not shooters

I've already played all the games out I wanted to play that aren't shooters for X1/PS4 (mainly AC4, DR3, and Tomb Raider which I didn't get on 360/PS3). "Non-shooters" I am looking forward too are Thief, Infamous SS, Witcher 3, Kingdom
Under Fire 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, FFXV, Watch Dogs.. Maaaybe Fable Legends but I just want Fable 4.

"Shooters" I am looking forward to are Destiny and The Division. I enjoy shooters but there is an over saturation. I like shooters with depth like Borderlands and Fallout.
---
Norman Bates does it for his mother.