Microsoft knew all along what they were doing. Strategy

#31liquidblue4Posted 1/28/2014 7:55:27 PM
wake_me_420 posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
Apex-Player posted...

Obviously Sony is having a slow year for AAA titles, but they are at least still giving games out for ps+
and all the other positives that are functional not a puff of cloud.
Once xbox slows down and Sony takes off with games, it's no contest.

Would you rather a 100$ now, or 10k in 6 months if you can have patience.

Enjoy your launch lineup, try not to be jealous later though ;)

I've heard this exact same thing about the Vita. 2 years later and Vita is still on life support.
I think you're in for a bad generation.

You honestly think the Vita's lack of success means the PS4 will do poorly? They are two different markets. I think looking at last gen of home consoles gives a better idea of future trends, not equating a failing handheld market to a poor future for the PS4

ok. lets look at last gen. Xbox 360 outsold PS3 overall. Xbox 360 outsold PS3 monthly for over 30 months straight and the only time PS3 had a higher month was October 2013. Damn, you got me.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#32Lawboy2Posted 1/28/2014 7:59:22 PM
Xuande12 posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
Xuande12 posted...
Xbox is called Shooterbox with good reason. I am so bored of shooters, Titanfall as Gears don't interest me. I want real games not games for boys hitting puberty that are craving testosterone.

What other games are out that you want to play aon any console that are not shooters

I've already played all the games out I wanted to play that aren't shooters for X1/PS4 (mainly AC4, DR3, and Tomb Raider which I didn't get on 360/PS3). "Non-shooters" I am looking forward too are Thief, Infamous SS, Witcher 3, Kingdom
Under Fire 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, FFXV, Watch Dogs.. Maaaybe Fable Legends but I just want Fable 4.

"Shooters" I am looking forward to are Destiny and The Division. I enjoy shooters but there is an over saturation. I like shooters with depth like Borderlands and Fallout.

I was just asking because all those games are coming to X1 and from what I've seen from it's just a shooter...but ur shooting with ur hands
#33Lawboy2Posted 1/28/2014 8:00:31 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I do have to admit, "Xbox, mute" may be the single greatest thing to happen to my home theater setup since the Logitech Harmony.

I'd have to agree...I like xbox mute...and I like xbox turn off...and xbox go to tv...those three are really neat features
#34ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/28/2014 8:06:47 PM
DeathRupter posted...
Let's be honest microsoft took a lot of heat from gamers before console launch, a solid 9 months of bashing, they knew they had the games and exclusives all along and counter with a series of moves to BUILD HYPE and regain their fanbase's vote of confidence

1) Move 1: More launch titles
2) Move 2: Announce TitanFall beta
3) Move 3: Acquire Gears of Wars rights
4) Move 4: Announce Xbox One Patch, making it more graphically powerful

The first year in a console's lifecycle is the most significant. All these moves, while Sony is waiting in the dark playing with their thumbs. Xbox One already outsold PS4 in the month of December.

Smart moves Microsoft, keep announcing stuff. Shows dedication to the community!

This was a good attempt. Almost got me to make a serious comment to correct your obvious bullcrap. Kudos.
---
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
XBL Gold in a nutshell: http://imgur.com/cT6qYn4
#35D-Reaper16Posted 1/28/2014 8:26:46 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
wake_me_420 posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
Apex-Player posted...

Obviously Sony is having a slow year for AAA titles, but they are at least still giving games out for ps+
and all the other positives that are functional not a puff of cloud.
Once xbox slows down and Sony takes off with games, it's no contest.

Would you rather a 100$ now, or 10k in 6 months if you can have patience.

Enjoy your launch lineup, try not to be jealous later though ;)

I've heard this exact same thing about the Vita. 2 years later and Vita is still on life support.
I think you're in for a bad generation.

You honestly think the Vita's lack of success means the PS4 will do poorly? They are two different markets. I think looking at last gen of home consoles gives a better idea of future trends, not equating a failing handheld market to a poor future for the PS4

ok. lets look at last gen. Xbox 360 outsold PS3 overall. Xbox 360 outsold PS3 monthly for over 30 months straight and the only time PS3 had a higher month was October 2013. Damn, you got me.

In what world do you live in that the xbox 360 outsold the ps3? Because in the real world the ps3 outsold the 360.
#36TalesOfGodPosted 1/28/2014 8:52:40 PM
Yeah.
Sure they did.

Even if by some miniscule chance that they did, it wouldn't change that they still haven't released anything worthwhile on the Xbone.
#37ManafrontPosted 1/28/2014 8:58:07 PM
"xbox outsold ps4 in december" wow xbox users really are dense...
---
PLEASE HALEP HEAL TY ^O^
#38pez2k_Posted 1/28/2014 9:04:01 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Does anybody think that if Microsoft had released the disk less version of the xbox one they would have had more room to make the xbox one powerful

The problem is space on the APU die, not inside the case.

Since MS decided on 8GB of unified RAM early on in the design process (to support apps, multi-tasking and so on), only DDR3 could be guaranteed to be suitable by the time of production. This meant that they needed to add some faster memory somewhere too - this is the 32MB of ESRAM in the APU itself. The knock-on effect was that they didn't have as much room for the GPU on the die.

Sony on the other hand chose fast RAM rather than lots of RAM, originally designing the PS4 to have 2GB of GDDR5 memory, and hoping that 4GB would be feasible by 2013. They lucked out massively, and by early 2013 it became apparent that they could now afford to stuff another full set of memory chips in there to match MS's 8GB. Because they chose GDDR5, Sony didn't need to take the same compromise as MS with fitting ESRAM onto the APU die, which is why they have slightly more GPU cores on there instead.
---
Fixing Turn10's omissions since 2007, and Playground Games' since 2012.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pez2k
#39Omega_Zero_XPPosted 1/28/2014 9:08:38 PM
DeathRupter posted...
Let's be honest microsoft took a lot of heat from gamers before console launch, a solid 9 months of bashing, they knew they had the games and exclusives all along and counter with a series of moves to BUILD HYPE and regain their fanbase's vote of confidence

1) Move 1: More launch titles
2) Move 2: Announce TitanFall beta
3) Move 3: Acquire Gears of Wars rights
4) Move 4: Announce Xbox One Patch, making it more graphically powerful

The first year in a console's lifecycle is the most significant. All these moves, while Sony is waiting in the dark playing with their thumbs. Xbox One already outsold PS4 in the month of December.

Smart moves Microsoft, keep announcing stuff. Shows dedication to the community!

1) that are mostly multiplat
2) woot. they announced a beta! Know who else announced a beta? SE with FF14 ps4!
3) What exactly is your point here? GoW has always been on MS. Nothing changed besides semantics.
4) Cause it should totally need to be fixed to be more powerful after its been launched. Not before. Nope.

5) know what happens when Sony appears to be twiddling their thumbs? E3 2013 caliber stuff.

6) MS can still patch in all the crap that they received 9 months of bashing for.
---
"This question again..." - rascal45
"Pssst... don't tell anyone, but this website is called GameFREQUENTLYASKEDQUESTIONS." - regularsharp
#40Jammer196Posted 1/28/2014 9:11:55 PM
thesticker posted...
In what way will the patch make the console more graphically powerful.

---
Playing Spelunky, Bulletstorm, and Minecraft (PS3 Edition)
PSN - Jammer196 Eagerly Waiting for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on PSN