Microsoft knew all along what they were doing. Strategy

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft knew all along what they were doing. Strategy
2 years ago#81
Putting cards my cards on the table I opted to cancel my pre-order for a ps4 and instead grabbed a xbox1. I had a Wii, 360 and PS3 (I sold the Wii and 360 later on). The decision to get a Xbox1 came down to one thing, which console would my friends get? The answer was Xbox1 over PS4 for the most part and seeing as though the titles I care about are multi-platform (FFXV and KHIII) I figured I would get the console that would allow for greater enjoy when hanging out with friends (Everyone can bring a controller and games they like that I might not have etc.)

I am of the opinion that both consoles are good buys and most owners will be sufficiently satisfied with their chosen purchase.

On a side note to both sides of the argument, if you have no better reason to post on a board then to flame a game/console and troll the people who do enjoy it you can find the exit in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Good day.
---
4742-5210-3796
Safari: Fire Type, Pyroar, Ponyta, Fletchinder
2 years ago#82
razorfistturbo posted...
Putting cards my cards on the table I opted to cancel my pre-order for a ps4 and instead grabbed a xbox1. I had a Wii, 360 and PS3 (I sold the Wii and 360 later on). The decision to get a Xbox1 came down to one thing, which console would my friends get? The answer was Xbox1 over PS4 for the most part and seeing as though the titles I care about are multi-platform (FFXV and KHIII) I figured I would get the console that would allow for greater enjoy when hanging out with friends (Everyone can bring a controller and games they like that I might not have etc.)

I am of the opinion that both consoles are good buys and most owners will be sufficiently satisfied with their chosen purchase.

On a side note to both sides of the argument, if you have no better reason to post on a board then to flame a game/console and troll the people who do enjoy it you can find the exit in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Good day.

First you say you got the Xbone because all your friends got the Xbone, but then the only games you care about are single player only. Sound Xbone logic right there, lol.
2 years ago#83
dnmt posted...
razorfistturbo posted...

Good day.

On the one hand you say you got the Xbone because all your friends got the Xbone, but on the other hand you say the only games you care about happen to be single player only. Sound Xbone logic right there, lol.

I don't see the contradiction, while my most anticipated games are single-player I still enjoy playing multiplayer with my friends, something which is made easier if I pick the same console as evidenced in South Park.
---
4742-5210-3796
Safari: Fire Type, Pyroar, Ponyta, Fletchinder
2 years ago#84
DeathRupter posted...
Let's be honest microsoft took a lot of heat from gamers before console launch, a solid 9 months of bashing, they knew they had the games and exclusives all along and counter with a series of moves to BUILD HYPE and regain their fanbase's vote of confidence

1) Move 1: More launch titles
2) Move 2: Announce TitanFall beta
3) Move 3: Acquire Gears of Wars rights
4) Move 4: Announce Xbox One Patch, making it more graphically powerful

The first year in a console's lifecycle is the most significant. All these moves, while Sony is waiting in the dark playing with their thumbs. Xbox One already outsold PS4 in the month of December.

Smart moves Microsoft, keep announcing stuff. Shows dedication to the community!

Excellent...
dem moves sure r smart...
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
2 years ago#85
DeathRupter posted...
Let's be honest microsoft took a lot of heat from gamers before console launch, a solid 9 months of bashing, they knew they had the games and exclusives all along and counter with a series of moves to BUILD HYPE and regain their fanbase's vote of confidence

1) Move 1: More launch titles
2) Move 2: Announce TitanFall beta
3) Move 3: Acquire Gears of Wars rights
4) Move 4: Announce Xbox One Patch, making it more graphically powerful

The first year in a console's lifecycle is the most significant. All these moves, while Sony is waiting in the dark playing with their thumbs. Xbox One already outsold PS4 in the month of December.

Smart moves Microsoft, keep announcing stuff. Shows dedication to the community!

I like the part where 4 million PS4s is less than 3 million Xbones.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
2 years ago#86
If you have a gaming pc why do multiplats even matter? simply put EVERYTHING runs better on the PC if your pc is fast enough. Along with the new Steam living room beta you can hook a fairly crappy laptop to your tv and play games on the big screen without losing much in terms of frame rate.

I have an Xbox purely because of the social aspect of playing video games with my friends (HUGE GEARS FANS)
Anyway all this arguing is stupid none of you will make a cent/penny (Im British) from screaming at each other over the internet over which console is better.

Also the thing about driver updates are that in SOME cases they improve performance in others they have an adverse effect and overclocking defeats stability and in the long term puts your console in jeopardy.

Gamers please just grow up unless you guys are all Microsoft and Sony employees then please carry on with this epic pissing match.

StolenDiagram posted...
You really have to admire the xbots clutching at straws with talk of patching in better graphics and apparently more multi platform games which won't be vastly inferior to their ps4 counterparts (first it was ghosts and now tomb raider is suffering quite dramatically on one)

Secondly, there are hardly more or better exclusives on xx. You have titan fall. K. I have a gaming pc for that, if I wanted to play yet another squad based shooter.

Shall we all just admit that we got suckered in and dickslapped by that guy at the announcement conference (someone remind me his name, the guy who was either shoved out the door or who jumped like a rat from a sinking ship)?

---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
2 years ago#87
mjc0961 posted...

I like the part where 4 million PS4s is less than 3 million Xbones.

Shhht, that's the same reasoning that makes them think they got a better deal by paying $100 more.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
2 years ago#88
StolenDiagram posted...
You really have to admire the xbots clutching at straws with talk of patching in better graphics and apparently more multi platform games which won't be vastly inferior to their ps4 counterparts (first it was ghosts and now tomb raider is suffering quite dramatically on one)

Secondly, there are hardly more or better exclusives on xx. You have titan fall. K. I have a gaming pc for that, if I wanted to play yet another squad based shooter.

Shall we all just admit that we got suckered in and dickslapped by that guy at the announcement conference (someone remind me his name, the guy who was either shoved out the door or who jumped like a rat from a sinking ship)?

Remember the desperation?

''But maybe 12 gigs of ram?''

''no worries guys, we still have promises of cloud power! ''

''that's ok, what about dx11 optimization''

''That's not working either? Well how about a SECRET GPU!?!?''

''.... Well this was clearly all part of Microsoft's plan to trick Sony into complacency! ''

Thia board is too funny.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
2 years ago#89
the point here is MS is making major headlines NOW clearly affecting those who've waited to buy either console. There marketing strategies shows that there more active, influence upcoming gamers. MORE MARKETING=MORE SALES
---
XBL gamertag :Ru55o
PSN: Russo_316
2 years ago#90
DeathRupter posted...
the point here is MS is making major headlines NOW clearly affecting those who've waited to buy either console. There marketing strategies shows that there more active, influence upcoming gamers. MORE MARKETING=MORE SALES

Thats why there is more unsold supply, despite there also being less supply?

Microsoft failed to generate the demand that Sony was able to create, due to a myriad of factors that have already been beaten until the horse died from it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft knew all along what they were doing. Strategy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived