What happen to Microsofts rule of having games perform the same or better?

#11PominAusPosted 1/29/2014 1:42:28 AM
dnmt posted...
PominAus posted...
dnmt posted...
PominAus posted...
dnmt posted...
MS didn't focus on games this gen and it shows. Also falling behind the PS4 in sales means they don't have as much power over developers as they did last gen when the 360 was in the lead for most of its life.

So having more games at launch and for the following year than the competition means they didn't focus on games? Wow... Just wow.

They didn't focus on games specs-wise. The Xbone's hardware isn't up to par compared to the PS4, which itself is a mid-range PC at best.

Sorry, but you are talking c***. Game developers have not yet utilised the full potential of ESRAM, are not yet (AFAIK) using dx 11.2 or tiled resources and you say MICROSOFT is not focusing on game specs?

Oh okay, I see you're one of *those* guys. This discussion is over, and lol @ you.

Lol all you want, doesn't change the fact that it is third party developers that made the games that are under performing, not MS.
---
Xbox Live GT: Jaydeekay86
#121nternationa7Posted 1/29/2014 1:47:44 AM
PominAus posted...
Lol all you want, doesn't change the fact that it is third party developers that made the games that are under performing, not MS.

Not exactly true. Actually both MS and the developers share equal responsibility for this since the hardware is indeed harder to work with than the opposition and the developers are unwilling to devote more resources in a stronger port.
---
Lords of Shadow 2 (02/25/2014) will be GoTY 2014 for PS3/360 and best H&S of the generation. Optional QTEs, 20 hours gameplay, epic story, and challenging!
#13MightyMunaPosted 1/29/2014 1:55:41 AM
First of all, MS never had any derisory rule such as that, only rule was that release same time or don't release at all.

Also, there will never be parity, the hardware delta is real, nevertheless, just like previous gen, games will be released on both and Xbox One will have its exclusives. In fact, as of right now, Xbox One has more exclusives.
#14dnmtPosted 1/29/2014 1:55:47 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
PominAus posted...

Not exactly true. Actually both MS and the developers share equal responsibility for this since the hardware is indeed harder to work with than the opposition and the developers are unwilling to devote more resources in a stronger port.

It's not just a matter of the hardware being harder to develop for like what happened with the PS3 last gen. The difference in power is simply insurmountable.
#15PominAusPosted 1/29/2014 1:56:41 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
PominAus posted...

I'll concede that. But blaming the hardware for these problems when, as you say both parties share equal responsibility, is straight trolling.
---
Xbox Live GT: Jaydeekay86
#16Rdeal2Posted 1/29/2014 4:31:32 AM
That rule was for arcade titles only
#17Jedi454Posted 1/29/2014 4:33:50 AM
No one listen to Dnmt, he is a notorious troll on the Xbox One boards and he also loves to troll other websites too.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#18EnclavePosted 1/29/2014 4:38:27 AM
gamecubeplayer posted...
I remember back in the PS3 and 360 generation, microsoft had a rule with developers stating if the game did not perform the same or better then the competition then they did not allow it on their system.. i read that a while back..

but now games like COD ghost, battlefield 4 and now tomb raider DE are all looking and performing better on the PS4..

My guess? Microsoft couldn't convince publishers to sign such an agreement this time around once the pre-order numbers showed the Xbone was WAY behind the PS4. Sure MS did a good job reversing the crap and thus having a successful launch but too little too late for that equality clause, least that's my suspicion. Also, as long as the PS4 is outselling the Xbone I can't imagine they'd have much luck convincing publishers and developers to sign that clause as MS needs them, they can't just say "Won't sign? Fine, you cannot release on our console, only on our competitors console that has sold more systems than our console has".
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#19dnmtPosted 1/29/2014 4:40:03 AM
Jedi454 posted...
No one listen to Dnmt, he is a notorious troll on the Xbox One boards and he also loves to troll other websites too.

The nice things about facts is you don't have to believe in them for them to be true (;
#20Pixx0Posted 1/29/2014 5:02:24 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
PominAus posted...

Exactly. Just like...WiiU...
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.