How would things change if MS made COD an XB1 exclusive?

#11deadmarvPosted 1/29/2014 11:33:04 AM
My reaction:

"Oh well, no more COD for me, I'll have to find some other multiplayer game to amuse me."
#12TheVillageIdiotPosted 1/29/2014 11:49:26 AM
Fewer copies of COD would be sold.
#13towlie_420Posted 1/29/2014 12:06:42 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
MS can't even afford Bungie. Gears of Wars is not that expensive compared to COD, even Titanfall is only exclusive to Xbox for the first game.

MS can't just buy and buy until there's no more profit lol

Don't be surprised if they snatch up titanfall for the rest of this generation, just because it hasn't happened yet. Either way since EA has announced that they will be alternating Battlefront, Battlefield, and Titanfall. You likely won't see TF2 for 3 more years. That's plenty of time for Microsoft to decide that they want Titanfall a permanent exclusive.
---
Corner camping isn't playing, its the video game equivalent of tripping people as they walk by
#14jairusmonillasPosted 1/29/2014 6:21:58 PM
towlie_420 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
MS can't even afford Bungie. Gears of Wars is not that expensive compared to COD, even Titanfall is only exclusive to Xbox for the first game.

MS can't just buy and buy until there's no more profit lol

Don't be surprised if they snatch up titanfall for the rest of this generation, just because it hasn't happened yet. Either way since EA has announced that they will be alternating Battlefront, Battlefield, and Titanfall. You likely won't see TF2 for 3 more years. That's plenty of time for Microsoft to decide that they want Titanfall a permanent exclusive.

Xbox has history of abandoning their core gamers midway. See 360, all the great exclusives.. was eventually timed exclusives.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#15locksmithblackPosted 1/29/2014 6:28:40 PM
PS Fanboys = COD Sucks
X1 Fanboys = COD is the best shooter ever
Anyone in their right mind = COD Sucks
---
Haters = Motivators
#16Dev445Posted 1/29/2014 6:48:10 PM
Well if they wanted to they could its not like they don't have the dough XD. It all would depend on Activision they know that most of their user base is on Xbox consoles, but are they willing to take the plunge?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#17NO2_FiendPosted 1/29/2014 6:56:50 PM
CoD is a dead franchise so it would be in their worst interests.

It's funny the latest installment was called Ghosts because it was horrible beyond reason and surely marked the death of that awful series.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#18jairusmonillasPosted 1/29/2014 6:58:17 PM
Dev445 posted...
Well if they wanted to they could its not like they don't have the dough XD. It all would depend on Activision they know that most of their user base is on Xbox consoles, but are they willing to take the plunge?

They don't have the dough. Well, unless you want the xbox division to unable to make any profit at all.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM