Plants vs Zombies will run at 60 fps on Xbox One

#11Special-EddPosted 1/29/2014 7:33:39 AM
Superman070776 posted...
Special-Edd posted...
Superman070776 posted...
It's Plants vs Zombies pretending to be a First Person Shooter. I doubt even the trolls care about this game. It could be 4k and 1,000,000,000 frames per second, and it wouldn't look very fun for anyone over 6.

It's a third person shooter and it actually looks like a lot of fun. Not every shooter has to be super serious to appeal to anything other than kids. Monday night combat was probably in one of my top 25 games of last generation and it was very goofy.

I liked MNC, too, but this isn't MNC, and I still don't think anyone will care if it is 1080p or 720p.

Perhaps they wouldn't care as much about resolution because of the art style but my point was more about saying that nobody cares about the game because it looks like a kiddy game. Trolls would only care if performed better on one system rather than the other.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#12DarkAdonis123Posted 1/29/2014 9:48:03 AM
Not to be funny, but if framerate really doesn't matter so much, why didn't they lock the Xbox One version at 30 fps? Why make it 60 fps? Not trying to start anything, I'm just saying.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#13zephirrainesPosted 1/29/2014 9:59:24 AM
Superman070776 posted...
It's Plants vs Zombies pretending to be a First Person Shooter. I doubt even the trolls care about this game. It could be 4k and 1,000,000,000 frames per second, and it wouldn't look very fun for anyone over 6.

Looks fun to me and ill take that over knack and nothing else. Btw i am going to laugh when this gets ported to ps4 later and all of a sudden the ponies care to play this game then.
#14zephirrainesPosted 1/29/2014 10:02:59 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Not to be funny, but if framerate really doesn't matter so much, why didn't they lock the Xbox One version at 30 fps? Why make it 60 fps? Not trying to start anything, I'm just saying.

If frame rate really mattered then why didnt people whine about Ghosts being less then 60fps on ps4? Funny how ponies pull a 180 whenever things make the ps4 look better.
#15liquidblue4Posted 1/29/2014 10:06:31 AM
Ponies don't care about Garden Warfare because it runs at 0p/0fps with 0v0 multiplayer on PS4.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#16Special-EddPosted 1/29/2014 10:08:53 AM
liquidblue4 posted...
Ponies don't care about Garden Warfare because it runs at 0p/0fps with 0v0 multiplayer on PS4.

Its a timed exclusive last I checked.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#17Troll_DirectoryPosted 1/29/2014 10:13:03 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
because games where you have to swing the camera around to find your target, will benefit from higher frame rates whenever possible. especially with first person cameras. if you're getting shot from behind and have to spin around 180, the gpu has to redraw the entire environment over and over really fast. more frames means more redrawing, but it makes your target easier to spot. a third person stealth, or adventure game usually doesn't require as many wild camera moves, and precision targeting fast opponents. so, games like those might benefit more from cinematic effects, than high framerate.
#18rusty12000Posted 1/29/2014 10:14:10 AM
Well i would hope it would play at 60fps...

Probably 720p tho lol
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#19liquidblue4Posted 1/29/2014 10:15:15 AM
Special-Edd posted...
liquidblue4 posted...

Its a timed exclusive last I checked.

Well, so are all of their PC port indie games, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Speaking of, I believe that Warframe should be hitting Xbox Live sometime this month.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#20nb003_99Posted 1/29/2014 10:15:17 AM
You had an actual topic...
Until Zeph... "but Sony!"
You lost the bet, Zeph.
Just delete already.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji