Why does XBO need an 8% upgrade patch for the GPU when they have the cloud?

#11Joey-ZazaPosted 1/29/2014 8:39:49 AM
Featherwind posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
Please stop embarrassing us Sony fans.

How does he embarrass "us Sony fans"? Or is this about something he did in another thread?

I think the question is very good, and it does tell something interesting about Microsoft and the Xbox One.

It's embarrassing because you look like a snob when you mock or look down on someone for choosing another product.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#12MRL3G3NDPosted 1/29/2014 8:50:35 AM
Yeah they still believe console gamers are mostly 4th grade lunch table warriors...and if they feed them enough bs they can use to battle other fan boys at the table

people with a little more than half a brain knew that cloud computing nonsense was BS as soon as they said it...

what you are seeing is MS gambled on a strategy and failed.

They figured they had the hardcore audience locked up with Halo Forza, and exclusive content for COD...

So they turned their sights to the casual gamer, because as the Wii has demonstrated...there are more casual gamers than hardcore...

They put their eggs in the Kinect basket, they also believed that if they incorporated TV...they could bring in a good casual crowd...

What they seem to have forgotten is that the first and foremost reason to buy a console is games and the quality of games... Nintendo had family friendly Mario to fall back on...everyone knows Mario and Zelda!

MS has Master Chief? Marcus from Gears?

MS' direction is jumbled.. they are marketing a hardcore machine that's not really hardcore to casuals....the only people interested are the hardcore...but it does measure up to it's competitor as a hardcore machine...

Jack of all trades master of none...theres nothing todays Smart TV's can't do that the XB1 does... right on down to the voice and motion controls...lol I get Super HD Netflix for free on my TV...no extra subscription needed

So now they are going to scramble to try to save the xbox one by squeezing as much power as they can out of it so it can at least compete with Sony...

IMHO
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#13DarkAdonis123Posted 1/29/2014 9:35:25 AM
Enclave posted...
Because just like people who actually work in the tech industry have been saying? The infinite power of the cloud was simply buzz words and that cloud computing doesn't work the way Microsoft was trying to claim it did.

This
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#14L96A1BOSSPosted 1/29/2014 9:37:15 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
knightimex posted...
Serious question.

Discuss.

There is nothing to discuss stop asking dumb question you know the answer to.

Its a legit question the could crap was 1 of M$ main selling point, we knew it was a lie they act like only 4 year old ask there parents to buy anything xbox.
#15assassin10133Posted 1/29/2014 9:45:02 AM
In theory it is possible and there have been tech demoes showing it can be done, however the infrastructure isn't there for it to be viable. Might get there sometime in the XB1's lifetime but time will tell and personally I see this console gen only lasting around 5 years which doesn't give it a lot of time really. The hardware in XB1/PS4 just isn't good enough to go 8-10 years again.
#16BloatedSquirrelPosted 1/29/2014 9:57:27 AM
lol The Cloud
---
"We laugh in the face of love, because nobody's really there."
#17HelmesSeiferPosted 1/29/2014 10:03:41 AM
Enclave posted...
Because just like people who actually work in the tech industry have been saying? The infinite power of the cloud was simply buzz words and that cloud computing doesn't work the way Microsoft was trying to claim it did.

---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#18chrish909Posted 1/29/2014 10:04:49 AM
Lets all take a moment to think what tcs life is like since all he does is post troll topics here, lol

Pretty much everytime ms does something with x1, people are going to say what about teh clouds, lol clouds, powers of teh clouds
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#19EnclavePosted 1/29/2014 10:06:19 AM
assassin10133 posted...
In theory it is possible and there have been tech demoes showing it can be done, however the infrastructure isn't there for it to be viable. Might get there sometime in the XB1's lifetime but time will tell and personally I see this console gen only lasting around 5 years which doesn't give it a lot of time really. The hardware in XB1/PS4 just isn't good enough to go 8-10 years again.

What tech demos? I don't recall any that actually showed in action the garbage MS was spewing about the infinite power of the cloud.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#20nb003_99Posted 1/29/2014 10:07:56 AM
chrish909 posted...
Lets all take a moment to think what tcs life is like since all he does is post troll topics here, lol

Pretty much everytime ms does something with x1, people are going to say what about teh clouds, lol clouds, powers of teh clouds

Wow, what insight...
Needs more blast processing!
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji