Is now a good time to buy?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 1/29/2014 8:34:02 AM
I'm wondering if I should buy an X1 now or later. What do you think? The MAIN game I'm excited for this year is Destiny, but Titanfall looks great too. My friend is getting me excited about The Witcher 3...the only thing I'm worried about is the 500GB HD space. It didn't bother me before, until Dead Rising got that 13GB patch recently. Please tell me that was a DLC or something, cause that's HUGE! Has anything been said about external HD support?

My friend wholeheartedly thinks that they will have a 1TB model next year or in 2016. That would suck.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
using XBL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-hpQQ0CbNE
#2MRL3G3NDPosted 1/29/2014 8:38:40 AM
wait... they absolutely don't have their **** together yet... the live experience is sub par to the 360's. It is slow clunky and you cannot start parties half the time...which is baffling because you can't invite people to games without first starting a party...

If I could I would wait until titanfall...try to get a bundle

right now it's just crap...I've been playing my 360 more than my xb1
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#3TheGam3925Posted 1/29/2014 8:38:42 AM
Let the early adopters beta test the console for you and wait for a price drop, a larger hard drive and a decent selection of games.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#4RebelGameMasterPosted 1/29/2014 8:41:00 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Let the early adopters beta test the console for you and wait for a price drop, a larger hard drive and a decent selection of games.

This.
---
THE XBONE: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/576/502/388.jpg
#5MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 8:41:37 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
wait... they absolutely don't have their **** together yet... the live experience is sub par to the 360's. It is slow clunky and you cannot start parties half the time...which is baffling because you can't invite people to games without first starting a party...

The thing making me wanna buy one is Titanfall in March. I wanted to get it before all the hype. When I ASSUME finding X1 will be hard to do, since everyone is buying X1 for Titanfall.
---
Now we play the waiting game...
#6Special-EddPosted 1/29/2014 8:43:25 AM
HDD space isn't an issue just yet but I do predict they will be making newer skus with larger HDDs. I plan on simply using an external HDD for storage of games that I'll be moving back and fourth between the system and storage. Deleting games isn't a big deal since your saves are uploaded to the cloud but if the patch is huge it won't be fun downloading it again. I actually plan on just letting Dead Rising 3 download overnight after I finish a gaming session so that it will be ready when I decide to pick it back up.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#7Bladez_89Posted 1/29/2014 8:44:37 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...

I've never had a problem with starting a party. It is a widespread issue though I know. Maybe you all need to learn how to use the system.
---
Currently playing BF4, Forza 5.
GT: B1ADE5
#8MRL3G3NDPosted 1/29/2014 8:52:18 AM
Bladez_89 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

I've never had a problem with starting a party. It is a widespread issue though I know. Maybe you all need to learn how to use the system.

Right I never had a problem with starting a party until I started having a problem starting a party... you friggin genius

smh
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#9MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 8:57:12 AM
Well at the moment, I'm interested in Killer Instinct 3 and Xbox Fitness. Then Titanfall in March. Isn't Sabrewulf free now on KI3? Those 3 should keep me occupied for a while. Especially Titanfall, playing it with my friends. Depending on how fun the MP is, I could play that for months. I played the first Modern Warfare with my friends with almost a year.
---
Now we play the waiting game...
#10ExDiosPosted 1/29/2014 9:06:04 AM
Wait a little longer, they're still patching it to make the UI better, and I hear rumors of a kinect-less sku which would make it cheaper but those are just rumors, I'd wait a little while before purchasing it.