Can the Xbox One keep on adding power?

#1swaggernautPosted 1/29/2014 9:38:01 AM
So the Xbox One recently can add 8% more power. Can they continue to add more?
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 1/29/2014 9:38:47 AM
No. Well... I guess 2%, but really no.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#3IloveslimesOMGPosted 1/29/2014 9:38:55 AM
no, they neutered the kinect, the only reason why the xbone was 100 more expensive, now xbone owner feel cheated.
---
3DS FC: 0275-7744-8408
#4MRL3G3NDPosted 1/29/2014 9:43:12 AM
they didn't add 8% power...10% of system resources (memory 8gb ddr3 RAM)...was reserved for Kinect functions

the Kinect right now doesn't need that much memory...so it's just wasted...sitting there unused... so they reallocated it and made it available to devs...

they are probably doing this to make titanfall 1080p...or at least run 60fps

I imagine they will be doing a lot of rearranging as time goes by... vasically right now they have a boat that they just put in the water... some things need to be moved around and taken out...added to make it float more efficiently...

but no they cannot add any power
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#5kingofjamaicaPosted 1/29/2014 9:49:30 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
they didn't add 8% power...10% of system resources (memory 8gb ddr3 RAM)...was reserved for Kinect functions

the Kinect right now doesn't need that much memory...so it's just wasted...sitting there unused... so they reallocated it and made it available to devs...

they are probably doing this to make titanfall 1080p...or at least run 60fps

I imagine they will be doing a lot of rearranging as time goes by... vasically right now they have a boat that they just put in the water... some things need to be moved around and taken out...added to make it float more efficiently...

but no they cannot add any power

The 8% system resources is in regards to the GPU. Kinect reserved 10% GPU time for video processing, regardless of if the game used Kinect or not. 2% of the GPU is used for Kinect voice commands(must be using GPGPU time).

Basically devs who want to use Kinect for gestures still need to leave that 8% alone. Devs who don't care can use the 8% as they wish.

As for why they did it, they did it because the Xbox One is getting trashed by the PS4. This will put them closer together. By no means will it put them on an even playing field, but this is only good news for Xbox One.

As for the reason Microsoft caved, it's not just Titanfall, though it supposedly struggling to maintain 720p60 certainly wouldn't have helped. I imagine almost every developer out there complained about it. Fans certainly did. Props to Microsoft for listening and changing one of their idiotic policies.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#6oldhbk76Posted 1/29/2014 10:07:45 AM
yes, by using the cloud they can, but thats a memory thing not processing power
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#7rpgianPosted 1/29/2014 10:16:35 AM
I'm sure it can but it would violate your warranty if the seal has been broken. It can have linux and game boy games on it too if you level up your nerd powers high enough.