No Optical Drive XBOne Irony

#1aszsithPosted 1/29/2014 7:19:29 PM
Gamers complained that Microsoft's original DRM policies were too strict and that it wouldn't enable them to buy and sell games on the used market. Microsoft changed its tune to cater to the whims of the crowd.

Now there is a rumor that there will be an XBOne without an optical drive. No drive means no disc. No disc means nothing but DRM. And yet, people seem excited about this quite possibly because the rumor also states that the console will be $100 less expensive.

Oh how fickle the masses can be...
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#2krystylaPosted 1/29/2014 7:23:16 PM
Dear gods how dare they offer an all digital device...
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#3CaIiber345Posted 1/29/2014 7:25:13 PM
I can't see the masses excited about this. Aside from whatever demographic originally prefers an all-digital model, I can't imagine that many bandwagoners. It's just not a reliable and stable market on home consoles for this yet.

The $100 price drop would sway some people to make the investment, provided they don't mind digital-only.
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 5
#4pjnelsonPosted 1/29/2014 7:25:34 PM
I won't own a console without a disc drive. I want a physical copy of my games, and to not spend forever downloading them. Oh, and to be able to own fifty games at once without needing a couple or three terabytes of hard drive space for them.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#5Lerp85Posted 1/29/2014 7:28:53 PM
The people that want this would be the people that would not have bought physical disks any way, so that whole thing did not matter to them either way, since they would just buy digital regardless and not have to worry about used or renting or loaning or any of that stuff. So your point is moot and just nit picking to make an argument.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#6shads3055Posted 1/29/2014 7:31:07 PM
I would have gotten an all digital device. The only thing I use my disk drive for is blue ray movies. All games are digital and always will be
#7lunaticcorePosted 1/29/2014 7:35:35 PM
I went all digital except for my launch games. Switching on the fly is really nice.
#8KID VIDPosted 1/29/2014 7:41:20 PM
Lerp85 posted...
The people that want this would be the people that would not have bought physical disks any way, so that whole thing did not matter to them either way, since they would just buy digital regardless and not have to worry about used or renting or loaning or any of that stuff. So your point is moot and just nit picking to make an argument.

I'd be one of these people.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#9bob15xPosted 1/29/2014 7:56:29 PM
"Gamers complained that Microsoft's original DRM policies were too strict and that it wouldn't enable them to buy and sell games on the used market."

This lie needs to stop. How did the xbox one keep you from selling used games when Microsoft specifically stated they were going to allow you to sell your digital games through them and authorized dealers like gamestop.

So that means, all xbox games could be resold.

Only physical PS4 games could be resold.

somehow, that got ignored, I wonder why? because sony was actually being anti consumer by not allowing you to resell your digital games like Microsoft was doing?

Even all the journalists ignore this.
#10bob15xPosted 1/29/2014 7:58:47 PM
Not going to say how, but yes, the xbox one is 100 dollars more, but depending on your situation, the xbox one could save you 100s even 1000s over its lifetime compared to the ps4.

Lets just say, you only need to buy one digital game, dlc, seasons pass etc instead of two if you have two gamers in the household or even different households. And yes, completely legit.