No Optical Drive XBOne Irony

#111bob15xPosted 2/1/2014 6:46:27 AM
Pixx0 posted...
aszsith posted...

Be thankful that you still have the option to buy physical this gen. Because, based on your attitude, you'll have to find a new hobby next gen when they don't include disc drives in consoles.

hahahahahah

my 100+ steam collection says "hello"
Gotta love people who lecture others for "assuming" then do the same bs. Lesson learned?

And also: by supporting shady practices, you only lower your pants for companies like MS to keep going, and even better: to go further with their crap (paying to play online says "hi")
It's not just about doing things differently than others. Any single dumb move shills/tools do, have an impact on other users.

But I'm pretty sure it was too hard for you to even think about it.

edit: just to clear it up pal: I got Thief for this price in its digital form. Again, good luck getting this kind of deal with MS "digital deals".

lets be fair. or Sonys digital deals. Remember it was Sony that put out the first only digital system with the psp go, but for some reason the sony fanboys completely ignore the fact that sony is right there pushing the digital front
#112BigBOO2UPosted 2/1/2014 8:36:52 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
It (Doing away with an optical drive) also allows Microsoft to backdoor their DRM and anti-used market plans (into the market.)

bob15x posted...
what anti used market plans? You know Microsoft was letting you sell your digital games right? Something that Sony does not allow you to do. So what is this anti used games plan when Microsoft was going to have a trade in store? Please explain?

BigBOO2U posted...
Please explain to me how someone can sell their digital games purchased over Xbox Live. I'm waiting Bob.

bob15x posted...
you actually need that explained to you? You do know that you can do that now from some sites on the pc with pc digital games right? You do know how licensing works right? I am a little worried how this needs to explained to you, and MS explained exactly how it works and why it required an online check in. very simple.
its not hypothetical, it was in the works and they stated that is exactly how it was going to work. It is also still in the works

Who_Nose posted...
You are discussing a hypothesis of potential sales that Microsoft discussed last summer. It was never and has not been put into action. You cannot currently "trade in your license" presently and receive credit for games purchased digitally over Xbox Live.

It is users like this who spread false information that give Microsoft a bad name as much as Microsoft gives itself a bad name. And they get all aggravated when people ask if they are shills.

YOU REALLY STEPPED IN IT THIS TIME BOB.

I asked how, today, someone can sell digitally purchased games over Xbox Live. Your smarmy response was "They SAID they WERE planning to do it LAST SUMMER." Really Bob? Really? That was your retort?

That is not an answer. The answer is, that today, YOU CANNOT SELL DIGITALLY PURCHASED GAMES BOUGHT OVER XBOX LIVE. Period. End of argument. Finito. You are throwing out BS and trying to obfuscate the facts, just as a typical salesman would, thus the shill rumors.

The possibility of an Xbox One without an optical drive DOES NOT MEAN that Microsoft will re-implement their abandoned plans of selling licenses from last year. That idea was too complicated and not well thought out. It will NOT happen.

Until Microsoft publicly says "Yes! You can sell digitally purchased material for the exact same price as a physical copy, we promise and are legally bound by that statement!" the idea of a digital only Xbox One is horrible.

Just horrible.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#113aszsith(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 10:51:37 AM
BigBOO2U posted...

BigBOO2U posted...
Please explain to me how someone can sell their digital games purchased over Xbox Live. I'm waiting Bob.

bob15x posted...
you actually need that explained to you? You do know that you can do that now from some sites on the pc with pc digital games right? You do know how licensing works right? I am a little worried how this needs to explained to you, and MS explained exactly how it works and why it required an online check in. very simple.
its not hypothetical, it was in the works and they stated that is exactly how it was going to work. It is also still in the works

Who_Nose posted...
You are discussing a hypothesis of potential sales that Microsoft discussed last summer. It was never and has not been put into action. You cannot currently "trade in your license" presently and receive credit for games purchased digitally over Xbox Live.

It is users like this who spread false information that give Microsoft a bad name as much as Microsoft gives itself a bad name. And they get all aggravated when people ask if they are shills.

YOU REALLY STEPPED IN IT THIS TIME BOB.

I asked how, today, someone can sell digitally purchased games over Xbox Live. Your smarmy response was "They SAID they WERE planning to do it LAST SUMMER." Really Bob? Really? That was your retort?

That is not an answer. The answer is, that today, YOU CANNOT SELL DIGITALLY PURCHASED GAMES BOUGHT OVER XBOX LIVE. Period. End of argument. Finito. You are throwing out BS and trying to obfuscate the facts, just as a typical salesman would, thus the shill rumors.

The possibility of an Xbox One without an optical drive DOES NOT MEAN that Microsoft will re-implement their abandoned plans of selling licenses from last year. That idea was too complicated and not well thought out. It will NOT happen.

Until Microsoft publicly says "Yes! You can sell digitally purchased material for the exact same price as a physical copy, we promise and are legally bound by that statement!" the idea of a digital only Xbox One is horrible.

Just horrible.

IF Microsoft hadn't given in to the complaints of the masses, you WOULD be able to do so today, as that WAS the original plan. You twisted the point bob15x was trying to make by making it about current capabilities when his point was always WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. Basically, you acknowledge that bob15x was speaking HYPOTHETICALLY and then attack him because the hypothetical has not occurred. He never said it did, but you seem to really want him to have since that validates your point.

Since you basically created an argument through twisting the conversation, you're actually the one who "stepped in it this time". Now go clean your shoe before you muck up the carpet.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#114Ryan-06Posted 2/3/2014 4:24:34 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Tenzhi posted...
Ryan-06 posted...
And with a bluray drive so you can enjoy movies. Guess you can't anymore if this new Xbone comes.

I've been enjoying movies without any discs at all for quite some time...

"It's ok that it doesn't have a bluray drive, you can always watch B Movies on Netflix, or just pirate your films instead! (as long as you have a gold subscription, we don't allow you to play pirated movies on the system without a gold account)" - Larry Hryb - 2014

They'll say anything to protect their perfect console and corporation.

Next you know if MS says a hard drive is optional and must be bought separately, they will be like "but now I at least get to choose what brand of HDD I want in my console"
---
Power of da Cloud confirmed, see the difference! http://youtu.be/UzuT0uA9snE
http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y
#115Who_NosePosted 2/5/2014 10:58:14 AM
aszsith posted...
You twisted the point bob15x was trying to make by making it about current capabilities when his point was always WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. Basically, you acknowledge that bob15x was speaking HYPOTHETICALLY and then attack him because the hypothetical has not occurred.

I disagree with that. From my perspective, bob15x was using that hypothetical argument as a rebuttal to the present issue at hand.

The Issue - The lack of an optical drive indicates that Microsoft does indeed have plans to reinstitute their DRM policies and once again cut off the used market from their customers.

Bob15x's Response - Well, Microsoft was going to have an open market DD system in place. Eventually. Supposedly. Someday. Maybe.

Conclusion - Saying "WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN" does not deal with the problem at hand, nor is it a viable counter-argument.
#116Laylow12Posted 2/5/2014 11:00:19 AM
They like it because they're used to accepting whatever is put in front of them no matter how broken or overpriced.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#117ChA0TiCoNePosted 2/5/2014 11:01:35 AM
Why don't they just drop the price to $399, and exclude the Kinect? Are they really worried that much that people don't want Kinect bundles, and they'll be abandoned by the market because nobody in their right mind would pay $100 more for something they'll never use?
#118chrcolPosted 2/5/2014 12:12:12 PM
steam isnt digital only.

the excuse that the only reason digital games dont drop in price on consoles is because it isnt digital only I call rubbish.

If we see digital prices drop like retail does and especially see it below retail prices we will accept digital easier. I will never be fulyl comfortable with digital tho because its essentially a rental service, if the online service is removed and you havent got the game on hdd you screwed. hard copies of games with no online drm can be played decades after release.
#119MRL3G3NDPosted 2/5/2014 1:05:21 PM
I wouldn't say fickle... I'd say stupid

period point blank...you basically rent every game you buy for the same price as owning it lmao

you could possibly pay more, and there are no returns lol

it really baffles me sometimes how stupid people can be

but hey to each his own...
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#120aszsith(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 9:23:30 PM
Who_Nose posted...
aszsith posted...
You twisted the point bob15x was trying to make by making it about current capabilities when his point was always WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. Basically, you acknowledge that bob15x was speaking HYPOTHETICALLY and then attack him because the hypothetical has not occurred.

I disagree with that. From my perspective, bob15x was using that hypothetical argument as a rebuttal to the present issue at hand.

The Issue - The lack of an optical drive indicates that Microsoft does indeed have plans to reinstitute their DRM policies and once again cut off the used market from their customers.

Bob15x's Response - Well, Microsoft was going to have an open market DD system in place. Eventually. Supposedly. Someday. Maybe.

Conclusion - Saying "WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN" does not deal with the problem at hand, nor is it a viable counter-argument.

I believe this was the point that bob15x was trying to make, IF the original vision was upheld, then this current "issue" wouldn't be an issue at all. The dreaded DRM would have gone into place and the used market would have worked just like it does now, except you would have been able to share games across the family share plan and sell digital content too. Now we can't do that though because fear and ignorance ruined the possibilities.

You seem to intent on ignoring that the program was ready to go at launch and would have been were it not changed in response to complaints because it completely derails your point. The fact that it never went into practice wasn't due to it not having a release or details. It was due to a company changing a process to cater to whining. You don't have to agree with this if you don't want to. The truth doesn't require your support for validation.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.