"X Box On" command not working.

#1dutch2099Posted 1/29/2014 10:13:38 PM
So I buy my Xbox one, set it up, calibrate my kinect and voila, it does everything its supposed to for the next month, no hiccups.

For some reason, as of this week, my XB1 will not start on voice command. Nothing about my gamespace has changed, it should still work exactly the same. I need to know if other people are having this problem because it's really bothering me. The xbox still recognizes all my menu driven voice commands with very little problem, but it will not start up. I re-calibrated it, changed the lighting, spoke louder, softer, tried speaking to it in an American accent (I'm from Canada), and still nothing...thoughts??
---
To quote a famous philosopher, "it". That is all
#2xTeKNiQuExPosted 1/29/2014 10:16:06 PM
Make sure your power light is white. If it's orange voice commands won't turn it on.
---
XBL - AyeYoTeK, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#3SnoicFactorPosted 1/29/2014 10:16:38 PM
Speak louder, unplug then plug kinect back in, calibrate as instructed..make sure speaker volume goea loud.
---
nt
#4Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 1/29/2014 10:17:04 PM
dutch2099 posted...
So I buy my Xbox one, set it up, calibrate my kinect and voila, it does everything its supposed to for the next month, no hiccups.

For some reason, as of this week, my XB1 will not start on voice command. Nothing about my gamespace has changed, it should still work exactly the same. I need to know if other people are having this problem because it's really bothering me. The xbox still recognizes all my menu driven voice commands with very little problem, but it will not start up. I re-calibrated it, changed the lighting, spoke louder, softer, tried speaking to it in an American accent (I'm from Canada), and still nothing...thoughts??

I lol'd. Sorry.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#5Lawboy2Posted 1/29/2014 10:17:31 PM
Mine never works
#6SnoicFactorPosted 1/29/2014 10:19:06 PM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
dutch2099 posted...

I lol'd. Sorry.

was it a cowboy accent? lol
---
nt
#7LostOdyssey17Posted 1/29/2014 10:23:05 PM
Mine did the same thing. I recalibrated and it help. Try unplugging the kinect and xbox completely
---
I'm not one of you, I'm not a nerd. I talk to women. Be jealous.
#8Goregasm17Posted 1/30/2014 1:15:56 AM
Go to settings/kinect and make sure you hadn't accidentally turned it on power saving mode
#9NSE7ENPosted 1/30/2014 2:24:52 AM
This is the exact same problem I am having. I made a topic the other week and followed some suggestions but it still does not work.

The Xbox On only works for me if it is within a few hours of it being turned off. If I go to bed and try and do it the next morning it will not work. Also the instant game resume no longer works either.

I have recalibrated the Kinect, unplugged everything and I still have the problem. I have learnt to just accept it, I may try a factory reset but my broadband is so bad that Dead Rising 3 took 3 days to install and download the patch last week, I will probably do a factory reset ago once I have finished DR3.
---
"The Lannisters send their regards"
#10dutch2099(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 5:11:45 AM
SnoicFactor posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
dutch2099 posted...

I lol'd. Sorry.

was it a cowboy accent? lol

Well, not to be insulting, but I kind of aped the tech support guy that who helped me on the phone a few weeks back. Paintless dent repair for my truck...lol
---
To quote a famous philosopher, "it". That is all