"X Box On" command not working.

#11gamecubemayunPosted 1/30/2014 4:42:18 AM
This works every time something starts to go awry from TV output not working to voice commands not working. Just do a hard reset by holding the power button for ~10 seconds. The console will reboot it will definitely take longer than normal but viola everything will be as it should!!
---
Town:Froggy name:Michael
FC:1160 2612 9499
#12dutch2099(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 7:32:35 AM
gamecubemayun posted...
This works every time something starts to go awry from TV output not working to voice commands not working. Just do a hard reset by holding the power button for ~10 seconds. The console will reboot it will definitely take longer than normal but viola everything will be as it should!!

Yeah, tried that. No dice. Maybe we just weren't ready for something as cool as voice command. I guess I'll just have to press the button on the controller to turn it on...like a peasant...sigh. Lol
---
To quote a famous philosopher, "it". That is all
#13mr_molochPosted 1/30/2014 7:39:01 AM
I had this issue for a little while.

Not entirely sure what solved it but I tried these things:

-Set up Kinect again, turning my TV to a much higher volume for the calibration
-Saying Xbox (pause)...On
-Talking at normal speaking volume - shouting seems to be ignored
-Talking in a flat tone
-Clearing my throat first or saying something so that Kinect was aware I was in the room, before saying "Xbox On"

It actually works most of the time on the first attempt now. Not sure if Kinect 'learns' your voice over time
#14A_HollowPosted 1/30/2014 8:15:53 AM
Xbox On has never once worked for me. But when the console is on, it does hear my commands. I'm only a few meters from my TV and console, so it's much quicker to just press the power button to switch it on/off.
#15WaywardBiscuitPosted 1/30/2014 10:14:47 AM
only works for me when i turn down the volume on my second tv. My room has to be close to silent for it to work and even then it takes about 3-5 repeated xbox on for it to turn on.
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#16pplschamp316Posted 1/30/2014 10:49:08 AM
I only have this problem when the sound from the tv is too high. But this is for the On command. If I am in game with the sound turned up, it recognizes me.
---
GT: PplsChamp316
#17CapwnDPosted 1/30/2014 12:56:38 PM
dutch2099 posted...
So I buy my Xbox one, set it up, calibrate my kinect and voila, it does everything its supposed to for the next month, no hiccups.

For some reason, as of this week, my XB1 will not start on voice command. Nothing about my gamespace has changed, it should still work exactly the same. I need to know if other people are having this problem because it's really bothering me. The xbox still recognizes all my menu driven voice commands with very little problem, but it will not start up. I re-calibrated it, changed the lighting, spoke louder, softer, tried speaking to it in an American accent (I'm from Canada), and still nothing...thoughts??

Xbox On, eh
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#18dutch2099(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 6:34:04 AM
CapwnD posted...
dutch2099 posted...
So I buy my Xbox one, set it up, calibrate my kinect and voila, it does everything its supposed to for the next month, no hiccups.

For some reason, as of this week, my XB1 will not start on voice command. Nothing about my gamespace has changed, it should still work exactly the same. I need to know if other people are having this problem because it's really bothering me. The xbox still recognizes all my menu driven voice commands with very little problem, but it will not start up. I re-calibrated it, changed the lighting, spoke louder, softer, tried speaking to it in an American accent (I'm from Canada), and still nothing...thoughts??

Xbox On, eh

lol hey, come on..I thought maybe for one second that it would work...maybe...I felt pretty stupid after I tried it though like"wtf, do you see yourself right now"?
---
To quote a famous philosopher, "it". That is all