Oh my god first tomb raider now watch dogs

#31MRL3G3NDPosted 1/30/2014 12:15:50 PM
0PTICS posted...
Viet0ne posted...
Last gen, the best experience for multiplat games was on the 360..

Thats how I always saw it, but Sony fanboys thought otherwise. Anyways, didn't the PS3 have better hardware than the 360?

basically the roles switched... PS3 had more powerful hardware but it was a pain to get that extra power out

Here the XBOX One maybe just as powerful... but it's a pain to get that extra power out....

Just like last gen devs have to port things over the easiest and fastest way

The eSRAM is like a turbo booster...but they haven't figured out how to access it
The PS4's GDDR5 RAM is unified altogether..so you don't have to do pony tricks to get to the power...
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#32dnmtPosted 1/30/2014 12:32:36 PM(edited)
MRL3G3ND posted...
0PTICS posted...
Viet0ne posted...

Thats how I always saw it, but Sony fanboys thought otherwise. Anyways, didn't the PS3 have better hardware than the 360?

basically the roles switched... PS3 had more powerful hardware but it was a pain to get that extra power out

Here the XBOX One maybe just as powerful... but it's a pain to get that extra power out....

The eSRAM is like a turbo booster...but they haven't figured out how to access it
The PS4's GDDR5 RAM is unified altogether..so you don't have to do pony tricks to get to the power...

Haha, no. The Xbone isn't "maybe just as powerful", it's objectively weaker in every way on top of being more complicated to develop for. Get used to it now because the specs aren't going to change.
#33knightimexPosted 1/30/2014 12:28:17 PM
0PTICS posted...
Viet0ne posted...

Final Fantasy 13-2 had to be toned down on ps3 so that the game looked the same on both consoles.

Ff13 looked soo much better on ps3 than xb360.
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#34xHughJasxPosted 1/30/2014 12:33:55 PM
dnmt posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
0PTICS posted...
Viet0ne posted...

Haha, no. The Xbone isn't "maybe just as powerful", it's objectively weaker in every way on top of being more complicated to develop for. Get used to it now because the specs aren't going to change.

-_-...Just stop, please.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#35XisurusXPosted 1/30/2014 12:40:04 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
0PTICS posted...
Viet0ne posted...

I am not so sure, multiplats from the last gen didnt have different resolutions but it is definitely trun that 360 versions for most of them ran at a greater FPS or had increased geometry (see RDR). Now we are talking about stepping whole resolutions down to squeeze out adequate FPS. MS skimped on the GPU and it shows.
#36JohnWall32Posted 1/30/2014 1:14:27 PM
right...so glad i bought a ps4 instead of an xbox one at launch...LeWhew
---
Board User Level: Legend
#37JohnWall32Posted 1/30/2014 1:19:10 PM
Juzten76 posted...
BigBOO2U posted...
degen2011 posted...
Is there any mutiplat that runs better on the Xbox One?

No.

But certain people on this board don't like to hear this.

Of course they don't because they don't care. I was having a great time playing Tomb Raider for hours last night. The game runs beautifully with a silky smooth frame rate on the One. That fact doesn't change simply because the PS4 runs the game at a higher frame rate. If that was the case, I'd only enjoy games on a PC at 90fps or more.

i read the framerate isn't so silky smooth during high action scenes...maybe you just don't know any better..?
---
Board User Level: Legend
#38Juzten76Posted 1/30/2014 1:36:09 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
BigBOO2U posted...
degen2011 posted...

No.

Of course they don't because they don't care. I was having a great time playing Tomb Raider for hours last night. The game runs beautifully with a silky smooth frame rate on the One. That fact doesn't change simply because the PS4 runs the game at a higher frame rate. If that was the case, I'd only enjoy games on a PC at 90fps or more.

i read the framerate isn't so silky smooth during high action scenes...maybe you just don't know any better..?

I think I'm more likely to agree with what I've seen over what you've read.
#39zinsindettaPosted 1/30/2014 1:41:58 PM
degen2011 posted...

I never understand this, if you only play that game once then what does it matter how well it runs, your only playing the one.

Anyway it is overblown so much, just flame stuff, I played Dragon Age on both systems and noticed no difference. Same with Mass Effect 2 and 3 and a few other games.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#40carryonifucanPosted 1/30/2014 2:02:42 PM
Juzten76 posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
BigBOO2U posted...
degen2011 posted...

No.

I think I'm more likely to agree with what I've seen over what you've read.

>30fps = silky smooth?

Dude, get your eyes checked or take off the fanboy glasses.

Either of those things can really screw up your vision.