kinect not plugged in....

#1JonosPosted 1/30/2014 7:23:40 AM
Wtf is up with this?
Was working fine and then all of a sudden its not plugged in when clearly it is. I have tried unplugging, powering down my xbox and everything else I can think of but it still wont recognize the kinect.
#2bob15xPosted 1/30/2014 7:28:09 AM
Gee, I wonder if it is broken. hmmm
#3Jonos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 9:03:47 AM
Thanks, but I'm asking people who have had similar problems and what they have done to resolve it.
#4bgwilly255Posted 1/30/2014 9:05:29 AM
Jonos posted...
Wtf is up with this?
Was working fine and then all of a sudden its not plugged in when clearly it is. I have tried unplugging, powering down my xbox and everything else I can think of but it still wont recognize the kinect.

Did you try plugging it in?
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#5BigBOO2UPosted 1/30/2014 9:06:21 AM
bob15x posted...

Cheap materials and manufacturing plus a rushed schedule, of course it's broken. What would you expect?
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#6ThaistikPosted 1/30/2014 11:26:38 AM(edited)
I just had this same problem. Hard reset your xbox unplug it and the kinect. Plug system back in and power on system(don't plug kinect back in until system starts up) then plug in kinect if it still doesn't recognize it then, it's fried. This is what they say to do on xbox website. I tried this and it still didn't work my kinect stopped working just like that with no sign of it going out.
---
Five finger death punch
#7bob15xPosted 1/30/2014 11:28:59 AM(edited)
BigBOO2U posted...
bob15x posted...

Cheap materials and manufacturing plus a rushed schedule, of course it's broken. What would you expect?

I expect that you are troll with nothing better to do in life some you come here like a sad panda to post on something you have no intention of every buying.

and of course lets not talk about the cheap rubber on the ds4 that wears in no time. But that is fully ok right? because you feel it is your pleasure to have to rebuy controllers regularly
#8EllesarienPosted 1/30/2014 11:30:14 AM
bob15x posted...
BigBOO2U posted...
bob15x posted...

I expect that you are troll with nothing better to do in life some you come here like a sad panda to post on something you have no intention of every buying.

Ya...he's one of the winners that do this for attention. He goes for awhile, gets warned or suspended, and then comes back to do it again.

Kids get their jollies in very odd and pathetic ways nowadays....what can you do.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#9squarex8264Posted 1/30/2014 11:52:09 AM
Jonos posted...
Wtf is up with this?

Try fully powering down your Kinect (Go to Settings, change your power settings to "Energy Savings", then power off your console). Also, try having it unplugged after you power it down. When you boot up your console, try plugging it in then.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#10rusty12000Posted 1/30/2014 12:47:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]