Rumor about disc-less XB1 with 1TB HDD.

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/30/2014 12:36:50 PM
(link below)

Assuming this is right, which it may very well not be, what would MS be thinking? They'd rather remove the disc-reading components than remove the forced kinect bundle? And what's with the 1TB addition? Why not just offer the ability to swap out the HDD? I can't be the only person to think that a kinectless XB1 at around $350/$400 with a removable HDD is a good idea.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/white-and-disc-less-xbox-one-consoles-rumoured-for-retail
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
*Not everyone that has a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.*
#2bob15xPosted 1/30/2014 12:39:19 PM
and what if it allows you to plug in an external bluray drive to install the disks?
#3MrImpatient35Posted 1/30/2014 12:39:25 PM
So it's BOTH discless and 1TB in one console model? Until download speeds are way faster, I'd rather use a disc.
---
Can Titanfall hurry up and get in my life already?!!!
#4Charity_DiaryPosted 1/30/2014 12:41:42 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
So it's BOTH discless and 1TB in one console model? Until download speeds are way faster, I'd rather use a disc.

Yep. Screw buying games on release day and taking the entire day to install them... It should be renamed 'Install Day'.
#5ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 12:43:36 PM
bob15x posted...
and what if it allows you to plug in an external bluray drive to install the disks?

The solution to the absence of key features shouldn't be to just buy even more separate hardware. The solution would be to not have made it a problem in the first place. Maybe in the future a discless console would make more sense, but I doubt that future would arrive within the shelf life of the XB1 (7 years or so).
---
*Not everyone that has a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.*
#6archibald3Posted 1/30/2014 1:15:27 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
bob15x posted...

The solution to the absence of key features shouldn't be to just buy even more separate hardware. The solution would be to not have made it a problem in the first place. Maybe in the future a discless console would make more sense, but I doubt that future would arrive within the shelf life of the XB1 (7 years or so).

Your contradicting yourself. Swapping out the hard drive would constitute purchasing seperate hardware the same as using an external hard drive. I personally thing this rumour would be a great thing. Your still living in a world where kinect isn`t a part of the Xbox One. You need to let go.
#7ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 1:29:17 PM(edited)
archibald3 posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
bob15x posted...

Your contradicting yourself. Swapping out the hard drive would constitute purchasing seperate hardware the same as using an external hard drive. I personally thing this rumour would be a great thing. Your still living in a world where kinect isn`t a part of the Xbox One. You need to let go.

Not necessarily. In one scenario, you're swapping something out that you already have. In another, if you wish to experience the key feature, you have to buy the external component. It's not like you're upgrading, you're placing in what you don't have. The beauty of swapping is that if I don't need to improve my component, I won't be without the key feature. Having a choice makes the difference.
---
#8EJH-SEGAPosted 1/30/2014 1:37:26 PM
Multiple SKU

XB 1 with disc drives will still be available
---
XBL GT is SE6A K1N6 (those are the number "6" not the letter "G" and that is the the number "1" not the letter "I")
#9The_DjokerPosted 1/30/2014 1:40:51 PM
What is the point of a Disc-less Xb1? People still buy and use Blu-rays.
---
http://www.brashgames.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Wii-U-fail.jpg
#10leelee3105Posted 1/30/2014 1:41:41 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
(link below)

Assuming this is right, which it may very well not be, what would MS be thinking? They'd rather remove the disc-reading components than remove the forced kinect bundle? And what's with the 1TB addition? Why not just offer the ability to swap out the HDD? I can't be the only person to think that a kinectless XB1 at around $350/$400 with a removable HDD is a good idea.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/white-and-disc-less-xbox-one-consoles-rumoured-for-retail

So....if you had a product that was flying off the shelves at record numbers for $500 you would start selling it for $350?
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!