Day One controller VS Regular Controller

#11gatch1994Posted 1/30/2014 3:56:41 PM
I had a day one console that had the controller wireless disconnect problem. I exchanged the whole console. I didn't notice anything different about the new controller except the label, and the new system doesn't disconnect anymore. That being said I obviously didn't use the day one controller very much.
#12PominAusPosted 1/30/2014 4:00:01 PM
TrickyPony posted...
Is it possible you just had your Day One controller longer and it's more broken in?

^This. Sorry to do it again, each time I've thought what my reply would be, you have already posted the exact same thing!
---
Xbox Live GT: Jaydeekay86
#13suicide machinePosted 1/31/2014 4:46:33 AM
PominAus posted...
TrickyPony posted...
Is it possible you just had your Day One controller longer and it's more broken in?

^This. Sorry to do it again, each time I've thought what my reply would be, you have already posted the exact same thing!

no, I got all of my controllers at the same time. I noticed the difference like... the 2nd or 3rd day of having the xbox. I actually started using the other controllers after that (I like the snappier, crisper feeling). only time I use the day one controller is if I have the xbox in the bedroom and I'm playing in the middle of the night while my wife is sleeping. the button presses are softer and much quieter.
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#14DarthvadePosted 1/31/2014 4:55:31 AM
From the ones we have, the D1 controllers feel like junk, the triggers feel like they are about to break and the front cover feels like its going to fall off the controller. The non D1 controllers have none of these issues
---
- Everybody Lies -
#15Da7thsignPosted 1/31/2014 7:46:31 AM
It's not just you TC.... I bought a regular controller along with my day one and it does feel very different, especially in the bumpers and D pad. Buttons are alittle clicky on the regular too but my day one connects faster to my console and also it does seen to have a faster response time compared to the regular. I notice it ever soo slightly in KI. I now just have my day one controller in the box. I'm a hoarder/collector so I want it in pristine condition
---
There are only two types of people in this world, the righteous who think they are sinners, and the sinners who think they are righteous
#16mindoftwomoronsPosted 1/31/2014 8:03:17 AM
I have both and, aside from the dpad feeling different, they feel the same to me.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/aguwargrey.gif http://i.imgur.com/u2FewN1.gif
#17TorturalPosted 1/31/2014 8:07:33 AM
Also the d-pad on the day one edition is chrome. While on a regular controller is black. That doesnt have to do with the feel, but is a difference between the two of them.
---
GT: Katarsis
3ds FC: 2122-5887-8278
#18angel609Posted 1/31/2014 10:01:07 AM
maybe the day one buttons feel (mushy) because the controller is broken in. Most likely you use the day one controller alot more than the regular one.
---
GT-VandaliismZ (with 2 i's) add me
Coolest guy youll ever meet
#19EternalStutter(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 10:12:57 AM
Da7thsign posted...
It's not just you TC.... I bought a regular controller along with my day one and it does feel very different, especially in the bumpers and D pad. Buttons are alittle clicky on the regular too but my day one connects faster to my console and also it does seen to have a faster response time compared to the regular. I notice it ever soo slightly in KI. I now just have my day one controller in the box. I'm a hoarder/collector so I want it in pristine condition

Its weird eh? Almost like they were the first controllers to get done and shipped
#20Ironman06Posted 1/31/2014 10:41:07 AM
You're not going crazy. My day one controller doesn't seem to be built as sturdy as my second controller. My day one controller has a much looser feel to it.