why would you want an Xbox One without Kinect?

#1garcia_jxPosted 1/30/2014 7:22:58 PM
Part of what makes Xbox One unique is the Kinect and everything that it brings to the table. The voice commands make using the Xbox One awesome, whether you are switching from tv to games or games to apps.

Without the Kinect, what do we have? A console with weaker hardware than its direct competitor and a console with inferior multiplatform games. Why would you want a barebones console? Kinect 2.0 is miles ahead of the original Kinect. People who bash it have not tried it. I was skeptical at first, believe me, but I am convinced that it makes things a lot better.

The only way I can see a reason to purchase a Kinectless Xbox One is if it comes equipped with a better GPU and it is in white. Then, maybe, MAYBE, would it be worth it.
#2xacebopPosted 1/30/2014 7:26:09 PM
Cuz its useless. I'd rather use a remote then have to repeat commands and get frustrated. If decent games integrated it well I could understand it. Weaker hardware aside 5 years from now when there's tons of exclusives available I'd be more inclined to buy the system that doesn't force a piece of hardware I don't want or need.
#3ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/30/2014 7:29:52 PM
Because I am not interested in any of the kinect features and honestly believe it's mainly there as a gimmick.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
*Not everyone that has a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.*
#4CrusnikCainPosted 1/30/2014 7:30:34 PM
Cause it watch's my intimate moments
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#5gray_fox_00Posted 1/30/2014 7:31:54 PM
This isn't a stealth troll topic at all. No sir.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#6axelfooley2k5Posted 1/30/2014 7:32:32 PM
without reading anything you wrote tc.....

the negatives outweigh the positives...imo
---
Guys! You gotta make it sexy. Hips and Nips, Otherwise i'm not eatin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54GV2qS3tL4
#7NightMareBunnyPosted 1/30/2014 7:33:54 PM
garcia_jx posted...
Part of what makes Xbox One unique is the Kinect and everything that it brings to the table. The voice commands make using the Xbox One awesome, whether you are switching from tv to games or games to apps.

Without the Kinect, what do we have? A console with weaker hardware than its direct competitor and a console with inferior multiplatform games. Why would you want a barebones console? Kinect 2.0 is miles ahead of the original Kinect. People who bash it have not tried it. I was skeptical at first, believe me, but I am convinced that it makes things a lot better.

The only way I can see a reason to purchase a Kinectless Xbox One is if it comes equipped with a better GPU and it is in white. Then, maybe, MAYBE, would it be worth it.

i agree the kinect is basically the highlight of what's new about XB1
---
PS3 VV_Argost
XB1 GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare
#8hakmiyaPosted 1/30/2014 7:37:09 PM
Kinect does nothing meaningful for gaming.
The point of a gaming console is accessibility, to have high end performance at a lower price point and exclusives. This has always been the case and it's m$ own fault for stupidity putting a gimped underpowered windows 8 machine with a gimicky smart cam device on the market.
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum
#9garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 7:37:36 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Because I am not interested in any of the kinect features and honestly believe it's mainly there as a gimmick.

But a gimmick it is not. You know how much longer is going to take to navigate through your apps without the Kinect, especially two or three years from now when your library is full of games and media apps? It is much easier to just say, "Xbox, go to.<whatever game you want to play>" it switches instantly, dude. Also, recording gaming moments is easier with Kinect. I have the ps4, and you have to press the button to record the clip you want, and the majority of the time, it doesn't work, but with the Kinect, you don't even have to interrupt your gameplay.
#10PominAusPosted 1/30/2014 7:47:21 PM
Fully agree with you TC.
---
Xbox Live GT: Jaydeekay86