why would you want an Xbox One without Kinect?

#11Lord_Ka1nPosted 1/30/2014 6:49:10 PM
for the same reason i want a pizza without a rabid weasel hiding in the box.
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n (Current PS4 games - AC:BF, NFS Rivals, Tomb Raider DE)
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203 - Feel free to add, pm me so i can get you back
#12Laylow12Posted 1/30/2014 6:52:27 PM
KINECT 2.0 is so awesome for tracking and listening to you! I love it.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#13XtremeWRATH360Posted 1/30/2014 6:52:29 PM
I just want to play a game with a controller, voice and motion mean nothing to me. I really only want a more beefed up 360 for the MS exclusives as i have a PC for multiplatforms
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#141nternationa7Posted 1/30/2014 6:52:42 PM
Kinect is a decent multimedia feature but a terrible gaming feature. It literally does nothing to enhance gaming, but I could see how people who want to use the xbox as a multimedia hub could benefit from some hands free convenience it may offer.

This is why I also think that a xbox one without a disc drive but still includes kinect is a TERRIBLE idea because obviously only a gamer would consider that but the kinect is useless for gamers. Better to drop both and have it $200 cheaper as Xbox One Poverty Edition.
---
Lords of Shadow 2 (02/25/2014) will be GoTY 2014 for PS3/360 and best H&S of the generation. Optional QTEs, 20 hours gameplay, epic story, and challenging!
#15HeracylostPosted 1/30/2014 6:58:36 PM
It's totally useless. And there's nothing unique about a camera that tracks you around the house.
#16krystylaPosted 1/30/2014 6:59:20 PM
Heracylost posted...
It's totally useless. And there's nothing unique about a camera that tracks you around the house.

That's true, we already have that in tons of devices
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#17SythisTaruPosted 1/30/2014 7:01:09 PM
krystyla posted...
Heracylost posted...

Yah, I love using my other high quality depth-sensors!
#18CaIiber345Posted 1/30/2014 7:03:02 PM
I am not interested in Snapping, Skype, voice controls, motion controls.
I am not interested in Apps.
I am not interested in any other multimedia features.

I want to play games. I do not want or need any of the functions that Kinect adds to games.
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 9
#19HeracylostPosted 1/30/2014 7:04:18 PM
krystyla posted...
Heracylost posted...

Indeed. Oh and many smart TVs have voice commands and all the movie stuff built in now, without the live payment. Making kinect even more useless.
#20SythisTaruPosted 1/30/2014 7:06:35 PM
Heracylost posted...
krystyla posted...
Heracylost posted...

Indeed. Oh and many smart TVs have voice commands and all the movie stuff built in now, without the live payment. Making kinect even more useless.

Nobody cares about the voice commands, don't be dumb. Kinect is the highest quality consumer depth sensor on Earth.