why would you want an Xbox One without Kinect?

#101Pinoy441Posted 2/3/2014 1:47:31 AM
If i wanted to skype, use apps, watch tv etc.

I would Skype on my phone/PC, use apps on my phone, or actually watch TV

If the gaming console has: A party system for chat, great games and great first party support with a convenient way to add friends and send messages (I.E Not the friend code system) that's good enough for me and plenty of other gamers.

Why would someone spend $100 extra to get something that they feel like they don't need for personally? That's why forced kinect is stupid because there are people who don't want it for personal reasons, more choice > less choice always.
---
*grabs popcorn*
#102garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 8:48:16 PM

How is it not better, you remove Kinect i get to play my games the normal way how i intend to play the games and i don't have to spend more money for something i don't want. Sounds better to me.

You'll save money, yeah, but then you'll have a console that can't match what the competition is doing. Why even bother buying the console then? By not having Kinect, you are not making the console better. You are making it cheaper. There is a difference. Without the Kinect, all you have is inferior hardware. The Xbox fitness app won't work without the Kinect; no skyping; no gestures in battlefield 4; and no turning on your Xbox with voice command. Also, you won't be able to log in automatically when you take control of the controller. How is removing all of that make the Xbox One better? How?

You can still play your Xbox "the normal way" with Kinect, so yeah.
#103LMwest09Posted 2/3/2014 9:08:24 PM
garcia_jx posted...
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
So far Kinect hasn't proved why it's worth the added cost to Xbox One. There needs to be a revolutionary game that's Kinect only to get people excited for it. We'll see if that ever happens though.

But the Kinect is not just for gaming, that's what people are not understanding. It enhances the Xbox One in every level, from turning off your Xbox to on; from logging you in when you walk in the room to switching to your profile when your brother hands you the controller. Even little things like changing channels on the tv is better.

Or it can just let me do it all myself as that isn't in any was a hindrance. The 360 got bogged down so bad with the inclusion of features, apps, and software that I fully expect this to repeat with the X1, and Kinect will suffer because of it. I also expect in the near future that Kinect will start to "hear" words you're not saying, thus resulting in an undesirable effect.

I buy game consoles to play games and occasionally watch Netflix. If I'm too lazy to hit a few buttons then how long before I get too lazy to say 'Xbox do this....stop listening'? Probably the first five minutes then go back to accurate button pressing.
#104Viper187666Posted 2/3/2014 9:12:10 PM
garcia_jx posted...

How is it not better, you remove Kinect i get to play my games the normal way how i intend to play the games and i don't have to spend more money for something i don't want. Sounds better to me.

You'll save money, yeah, but then you'll have a console that can't match what the competition is doing. Why even bother buying the console then? By not having Kinect, you are not making the console better. You are making it cheaper. There is a difference. Without the Kinect, all you have is inferior hardware. The Xbox fitness app won't work without the Kinect; no skyping; no gestures in battlefield 4; and no turning on your Xbox with voice command. Also, you won't be able to log in automatically when you take control of the controller. How is removing all of that make the Xbox One better? How?

I could play it the same as I do my 360, playing the same type of games. I don't do motion gestures, voice commands, skype, fitness apps, or any other stupidity. My 360 has been running 24/7 for over 3 years, so auto sign-in and telling it to turn on is worthless to me as well. I DON'T CARE how games *might* incorporate it. NONE of it interests me. Online gaming itself barely interests me after my experience with Halo and other titles I was looking forward to. My plan as of now is to only buy an XB1 when one of two things happen: an SKU without Kinect or a working method of playing backups (preferably without soldering).
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#105XtremeWRATH360Posted 2/3/2014 9:38:41 PM
garcia_jx posted...

I have a PC that i can get games when we're regarding power. Systems like Sony and MS i only get for exclusives. Once again you're listing things i don't care or want in regards to Kinect. By removing the Kinect yes it drops the price but it lets me game HOW I WANT TO GAME, not how MS wants me to game and that's what makes it better.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#106Viper187666Posted 2/4/2014 8:36:43 AM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

I have a PC that i can get games when we're regarding power. Systems like Sony and MS i only get for exclusives. Once again you're listing things i don't care or want in regards to Kinect. By removing the Kinect yes it drops the price but it lets me game HOW I WANT TO GAME, not how MS wants me to game and that's what makes it better.

Right.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG