why would you want an Xbox One without Kinect?

#21SythisTaruPosted 1/30/2014 8:07:50 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
I am not interested in Snapping, Skype, voice controls, motion controls.
I am not interested in Apps.
I am not interested in any other multimedia features.

I want to play games. I do not want or need any of the functions that Kinect adds to games.

So you wan't to just keep playing games the same boring way with the same boring controllers and never have anything new and immersive? Disgusting.
#22krystylaPosted 1/30/2014 8:09:04 PM
Heracylost posted...
krystyla posted...
Heracylost posted...
It's totally useless. And there's nothing unique about a camera that tracks you around the house.

That's true, we already have that in tons of devices

Indeed. Oh and many smart TVs have voice commands and all the movie stuff built in now, without the live payment. Making kinect even more useless.

I wasn't talking about the useless part, Kinect is awesome.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#23FernieODSTPosted 1/30/2014 8:25:01 PM
SythisTaru posted...
CaIiber345 posted...

I want to play games. I do not want or need any of the functions that Kinect adds to games.

So you wan't to just keep playing games the same boring way with the same boring controllers and never have anything new and immersive? Disgusting.

I've read some reviews, seen videos, and heard input from people who own the console(i myself do not own a next gen system yet). All of them had said that Kinect 2.0 is a fun addition to the console, but works 70% of the time, meaning it doesnt always work when you want it to.

Now I dont have a problem with that if im navigating through the console, maybe going through apps, etc. But lets say some developers create a game with intentions to innovate the kinect to be a bigger part of that game(In order to have something 'new and immersive' like you said). What happens if youre in the middle of a fast paced part of the game and you need to use the kinect features to assist with beating a boss or reloading or whatever. What happens when that other 30% kicks in and it doesnt work when you need it to?

I like the idea for the kinect, and I can honestly see its functions being used in a lot of video games to make things so much more fun, but kinect doesnt seem reliable enough to work when you need it everytime. I would get beyond frustrated if I needed to rely on kinect while playing a video game and kinect didnt respond or misheard me 30% of the time. See what im getting at? So until kinect works as its supposed to ALL the time, it shouldnt be used in gaming. And since its currently NOT a big part the games, its really just a gimmick.
---
"Ever heard of driver updates? Driver updates can do things to make a GPU stronger, could also overclock it if they wanted to" -Goregasm17 on Xbox One
#24SythisTaruPosted 1/30/2014 8:26:09 PM
FernieODST posted...
SythisTaru posted...
CaIiber345 posted...

I've read some reviews, seen videos, and heard input from people who own the console(i myself do not own a next gen system yet). All of them had said that Kinect 2.0 is a fun addition to the console, but works 70% of the time, meaning it doesnt always work when you want it to.

Now I dont have a problem with that if im navigating through the console, maybe going through apps, etc. But lets say some developers create a game with intentions to innovate the kinect to be a bigger part of that game(In order to have something 'new and immersive' like you said). What happens if youre in the middle of a fast paced part of the game and you need to use the kinect features to assist with beating a boss or reloading or whatever. What happens when that other 30% kicks in and it doesnt work when you need it to?

I like the idea for the kinect, and I can honestly see its functions being used in a lot of video games to make things so much more fun, but kinect doesnt seem reliable enough to work when you need it everytime. I would get beyond frustrated if I needed to rely on kinect while playing a video game and kinect didnt respond or misheard me 30% of the time. See what im getting at? So until kinect works as its supposed to ALL the time, it shouldnt be used in gaming. And since its currently NOT a big part the games, its really just a gimmick.

The voice commands maybe, but if I was designing something with connect, I would NEVER use the voice commands. They are a waste.
#25Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/30/2014 8:38:51 PM
for people who don't give a **** about motion controls it's like buying the PS4 and then taking another $100 bill and lighting it on fire
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#26SythisTaruPosted 1/30/2014 8:49:02 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
for people who don't give a **** about motion controls it's like buying the PS4 and then taking another $100 bill and lighting it on fire

Im not talking about motion controls either. It can read your emotions pretty much (Face expression, sweat levels, pupil dilation, eye-tracking, heart-rate). I've tested the first four of these features and they worked (and that was using Kinect 1!).
#271nternationa7Posted 1/30/2014 8:52:36 PM
SythisTaru posted...

Im not talking about motion controls either. It can read your emotions pretty much (Face expression, sweat levels, pupil dilation, eye-tracking, heart-rate). I've tested the first four of these features and they worked (and that was using Kinect 1!).

And this has been utilized in gaming how?
---
Lords of Shadow 2 (02/25/2014) will be GoTY 2014 for PS3/360 and best H&S of the generation. Optional QTEs, 20 hours gameplay, epic story, and challenging!
#28XtremeWRATH360Posted 1/30/2014 9:31:06 PM
SythisTaru posted...
CaIiber345 posted...

You mean someone just wants to get a gaming system to game????

THAT'S CRAZY TALK!
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#29Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/30/2014 9:36:04 PM
SythisTaru posted...

sorry but I was responding to TC havent flipped through the pages
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#30LuDaCRis073Posted 1/30/2014 9:53:06 PM
Samsung Smart TV, 60 inches son!!!
---
Rawr!