why would you want an Xbox One without Kinect?

#31archibald3Posted 1/30/2014 9:59:52 PM
1nternationa7 posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
for people who don't give a **** about motion controls it's like buying the PS4 and then taking another $100 bill and lighting it on fire

Im not talking about motion controls either. It can read your emotions pretty much (Face expression, sweat levels, pupil dilation, eye-tracking, heart-rate). I've tested the first four of these features and they worked (and that was using Kinect 1!).

And this has been utilized in gaming how?

Yeah i can`t imagine how developers could ever find a use for any of those things....lol
#32TenzhiPosted 1/30/2014 10:35:49 PM
garcia_jx posted...
Part of what makes Xbox One unique is the Kinect and everything that it brings to the table. The voice commands make using the Xbox One awesome, whether you are switching from tv to games or games to apps.

I intrinsically hate voice commands and motion controls, ergo they cannot make using the XBOne "awesome" for me. Merely being in the same room with someone who was issuing voice commands to the Kinect made me want to snap the thing in twain. Nor is it likely I'd ever have so many apps and games in my library that using voice commands to access them would appeal to me.

"Unique" does not equate to "desirable" or "better". Some experiences are, in fact, best avoided. Using the device to break the fourth wall and cause my real life environment or physical status to affect the characters or game world wouldn't be immersive for most games. Meanwhile, voice commands and gestures aren't very reliable game controls, nor are they as efficient as simply pressing a button on a controller. If they want to create a new way to interface with video games it has to demonstrably work better than a controller with conventional games and with an equivalent economy of action in order for me to care about it.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#33shauntenninePosted 1/30/2014 10:39:44 PM
Why I won't get an xbox one with bundled kinect? Simple answer, I don't trust the nsa and don't want them having a direct feed into my bedroom at all times.
#34Chaos1950Posted 1/30/2014 11:17:39 PM
While I'm sure I'll be called a troll, I'll offer up my reasons as to why I am holding off for a kinect free Xbox One. Those reasons being that I literally have no use for the device, therefore I don't want to buy it.

I currently share a room with my brother and often times I game pretty late at night, because of this I chose a TV that has a headphone jack so I can actually hear the game and not wake him up. Talking to a device would just be more noise to wake him, and I don't want to do that.

My TV isn't hooked up to cable, it's used only for gaming so I have no use for switching between television and gaming.

I don't play motion games. Here is the part where I get called a liar, but when I was 17 I ended up with a staff infection inside my spinal cord. It cut off blood flow from the waste down and I woke up one morning unable to move my legs. no blood flow = nerves dying.

I was rushed to the hospital, cat scan, emergency surgery and I regained some mobility. I've walked with a cane ever since, and some days my legs hurt so bad I can barely walk at all. Motion and dancing games just aren't something I'm looking to take part in.

So I see the kinect as something I'd be forced to buy that I can't really ever use, which is why I'd rather bide my time to see if they releases a kinect free version. Or maybe I can buy one used and sort of bypass full price.

If you like the kinect and you get a lot of use out of it then I think that's awesome! Good for you, and I'm glad you're enjoying the product. I'm just not interested.
#35jastenPosted 1/30/2014 11:18:33 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
for people who don't give a **** about motion controls it's like buying the PS4 and then taking another $100 bill and lighting it on fire

Im not talking about motion controls either. It can read your emotions pretty much (Face expression, sweat levels, pupil dilation, eye-tracking, heart-rate). I've tested the first four of these features and they worked (and that was using Kinect 1!).

Why would I want that? Often when I play my emotions have nothing to do with the game and the game would be getting bad info in and giving me garbage right back out and possibly making the emotional state worse.... just sounds like an all around terrible idea.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
Becoming a monster to fight the monster still ends with a monster.
#36TMOGPosted 1/30/2014 11:22:51 PM
It's a pointless, stupid, gimmicky device that holds no attraction to me and only exists to jack up the price of a console that has inferior hardware than the competition.
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#37Darkside_ShadowPosted 1/31/2014 1:11:27 AM
Kinect sucks
#38scoobydoobydontPosted 1/31/2014 1:19:39 AM
I wouldn't. I mean, if I were ever to get one Kinect would be a requirement for me to even consider it. A price drop is worthless if half the systems appeal is missing.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#39lunaticcorePosted 1/31/2014 1:58:27 AM
I love the voice commands, and Dead Rising 3 uses the Kinect for shaking off Zombies. Worked amazingly. At first I thought it was build in waggle ala Wii, then I realized it was just watching for you to shake them off via Kinect. Simple and brilliant usage.

We are still launch window so acting like they aren't using the Kinect enough yet seems silly. Pretty much only have a handful of games at this point.
#40Millertime660Posted 1/31/2014 2:00:33 AM
hakmiya posted...
Kinect does nothing meaningful for gaming.
The point of a gaming console is accessibility

obviously you havent used the new kinect then lol