why would you want an Xbox One without Kinect?

#41hakmiyaPosted 1/31/2014 6:05:09 AM
Millertime660 posted...
hakmiya posted...
Kinect does nothing meaningful for gaming.
The point of a gaming console is accessibility

obviously you havent used the new kinect then lol

my brother has an xbox 720p so yeah, I have.
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum
#42suicide machinePosted 1/31/2014 6:36:40 AM
it doesn't bring anything meaningful to gaming? what?

I use it all the time in games.

NFS rivals, I used voice commands to set waypoints, instead of fumbling around with the d pad while driving

for ryse, I used voice commands to command the troops. it's faster and easier than waiting for the button press

for nba 2k14, I use it for calling plays, calling for substitutions, and calling timeouts instead of fumbling around with the dpad while controlling the player. also use it to tell the computer players to shoot or pass me the ball in myplayer mode

I play just dance... yea, its fun as heck for parties and with my nieces and nephew

same thing with Kinect sports preseason jet ski game

the Kinect makes it so that you don't have to sacrifice other movements or button presses in the game, while you navigate other abilities or features

outside of gaming, its AMAZING! "xbox record that" is the greatest feature EVER! plus, we use it as a tv remote... we literally have not touched our tv/cable remote since we got the one
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#43MrSpaM111Posted 1/31/2014 6:47:17 AM
So the Kinect is awesome because it does everything my tv remote does?

I'm yet to see any reason as to why they decided to bundle it with the console, I'm also yet to see any reason why they decided it had to be connected for the console to work before they changed it after everybody complained.

All it is at the moment is a $100 microphone
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#44TheGam3925Posted 1/31/2014 6:48:11 AM
Because Kinect games are awful and menu navigation can be done with a controller.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#45coltsfan4ever31Posted 1/31/2014 6:57:32 AM
So far Kinect hasn't proved why it's worth the added cost to Xbox One. There needs to be a revolutionary game that's Kinect only to get people excited for it. We'll see if that ever happens though.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#46garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 8:52:56 AM
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
So far Kinect hasn't proved why it's worth the added cost to Xbox One. There needs to be a revolutionary game that's Kinect only to get people excited for it. We'll see if that ever happens though.

But the Kinect is not just for gaming, that's what people are not understanding. It enhances the Xbox One in every level, from turning off your Xbox to on; from logging you in when you walk in the room to switching to your profile when your brother hands you the controller. Even little things like changing channels on the tv is better.
#47Exodus_PrimePosted 1/31/2014 8:55:22 AM
garcia_jx posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Because I am not interested in any of the kinect features and honestly believe it's mainly there as a gimmick.

But a gimmick it is not. You know how much longer is going to take to navigate through your apps without the Kinect, especially two or three years from now when your library is full of games and media apps? It is much easier to just say, "Xbox, go to.<whatever game you want to play>" it switches instantly, dude. Also, recording gaming moments is easier with Kinect. I have the ps4, and you have to press the button to record the clip you want, and the majority of the time, it doesn't work, but with the Kinect, you don't even have to interrupt your gameplay.

I actually never thought of that, that's a good point you got there. But isn't the touch pad on the PS4 controller a gimmick too? or the light bar and how it changes color? just like the light lights up on the X1 controller...gimmicks gimmicks everywhere.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#48ejay8320Posted 1/31/2014 8:57:27 AM
garcia_jx posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Because I am not interested in any of the kinect features and honestly believe it's mainly there as a gimmick.

But a gimmick it is not. You know how much longer is going to take to navigate through your apps without the Kinect, especially two or three years from now when your library is full of games and media apps? It is much easier to just say, "Xbox, go to.<whatever game you want to play>" it switches instantly, dude. Also, recording gaming moments is easier with Kinect. I have the ps4, and you have to press the button to record the clip you want, and the majority of the time, it doesn't work, but with the Kinect, you don't even have to interrupt your gameplay.

Oh you mean voice control? You don't need Kinect for voice control, granted PS4's is inferior relative to Xbox one's the PS4 proves it can be done with a standard mic connected to system.
#49PorungaPosted 1/31/2014 9:09:07 AM
The kinect is a awful, inaccurate, imprecise piece of ****. For those that enjoy it for voice commands, I have a question. Does the kinect process the voice commands and send the commands to the xbox? or does it merely act as a microphone for the xbox to hear you and process the voice command?

The PS4 (for example) does not require the playstation camera to use voice commands, only a headset.

If a similar system could be implemented on the xbo, the useless kinect could be removed and nothing of value would be lost.
#50TheMuffinPosted 1/31/2014 9:28:27 AM
I don't want one until it actually has some meaningful integration into games. As of right now it's worthless aside from voice commands. And it's only useful for that because MS refuses to integrate those commands into working with a normal headset to create some false incentive/usefullness for the thing.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.