why would you want an Xbox One without Kinect?

#61tadmfpolePosted 1/31/2014 2:03:10 PM
Ellesarien posted...
I wouldn't. I've said it before. Kinect 2.0 is the only exciting and interesting piece of tech this gen. It has vast future possibilities both within gaming and TV.

My question is...why would someone pay $400.00 for ONLY a middling processor and video card upgrade.

Most likely to play video games on. I know... I know.. Silly reason to buy a game console right?
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#62jrush2011Posted 1/31/2014 2:03:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#63EllesarienPosted 1/31/2014 2:11:10 PM
tadmfpole posted...
Ellesarien posted...
I wouldn't. I've said it before. Kinect 2.0 is the only exciting and interesting piece of tech this gen. It has vast future possibilities both within gaming and TV.

My question is...why would someone pay $400.00 for ONLY a middling processor and video card upgrade.

Most likely to play video games on. I know... I know.. Silly reason to buy a game console right?

You act if the other options don't. It's more silly (well stupid to be honest) to go apenuts and mock the option THAT DOES MORE THAN JUST PLAY GAMES.

It's like praising a burner cell phone over a smartphone because ALL the burner phone does is make calls. Down with the smartphone because it does more than that!!!
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#64jrush2011Posted 1/31/2014 2:15:06 PM
Ellesarien posted...
jrush2011 posted...
SythisTaru posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
I am not interested in Snapping, Skype, voice controls, motion controls.
I am not interested in Apps.
I am not interested in any other multimedia features.

I want to play games. I do not want or need any of the functions that Kinect adds to games.

So you wan't to just keep playing games the same boring way with the same boring controllers and never have anything new and immersive? Disgusting.

You can keep your Kinect, I will keep my Bill Of Rights. Microsoft's surveillance program violates the constitution.

Oh kids...Get your education so you don't become this.

Americans are made privy to the fact that our education system is failing to meet the international standards of our global world every day. The most powerful and wealthy country in the world cannot seem to find the right formula to educate Ellesarien. I donít have the time to equip children with such skills.
---
BigWorldJust @ bluehat94 11/12/2011 8:37:18 PM "Lol, you know more than me and I beat the game :P." TROLL!! OWNED!
#65MRL3G3NDPosted 1/31/2014 2:23:57 PM
that's the only problem... Kinect was supposed to be the ace in the hole

but it's a big fail...they have smart TV's that do the same thing...

it's a hands free remote...no one asked for the MS...that wasn't on our list AT

you took something that utterly failed last gen, and continued the fail for the next gen...

not only that...you gimped your console to power the fail train...

smh

hey let's hope the NuAds thing works out or they are going to be in trouble lmao
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#66archibald3Posted 1/31/2014 2:25:26 PM
jrush2011 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
jrush2011 posted...
SythisTaru posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
I am not interested in Snapping, Skype, voice controls, motion controls.
I am not interested in Apps.
I am not interested in any other multimedia features.

I want to play games. I do not want or need any of the functions that Kinect adds to games.

So you wan't to just keep playing games the same boring way with the same boring controllers and never have anything new and immersive? Disgusting.

You can keep your Kinect, I will keep my Bill Of Rights. Microsoft's surveillance program violates the constitution.

Oh kids...Get your education so you don't become this.

Americans are made privy to the fact that our education system is failing to meet the international standards of our global world every day. The most powerful and wealthy country in the world cannot seem to find the right formula to educate Ellesarien. I donít have the time to equip children with such skills.

Dont be ridiculous. Your very presence on the internet is more fraught with compromised security and spyware then anything that will ever happen to you on a game console. Do you have a cellphone ? Do you use credit or debit cards ? Have you happened to notice security cameras in every imaginable store , sometimes on the streets ? Grow up and live in reality. Its a video game console. Just because 10,000 angry children on the internet shout spycam doesn`t make it so.
#67slickman120Posted 1/31/2014 2:33:46 PM
Its perfect for a person like me who loves gaming but isn't as hardcore as I used to be. I really like to snap in ESPN while playing KI. I used the voice commands a lot, and I mean a lot. Its so much easier to navigate.

And for the peeps who say the commands work 70%, come on, its not that bad. I'd say more like 90%, with background noise, and almost 100% with silence. Its super innovative for a semi hardcore gamer like me, but for the absolute purests, I can see why they would balk at something pushed on them. But anyone with somewhat of a logical mind couldn't call the thing COMPLETELY useless. It has its positives, even for the absolute hardcore's.

Lastly, its odd how it seriously has taken over my room. I really didn't take the thing seriously until I found myself hardly using my computer that is also hooked up to my TV with all wireless controls. Before, I used my computer waaaaaay more than my gaming systems.
---
... I remember when I used to console war on Youtube videos... Then I turned 13... -_____- XBL/PS3 GT: HazardousChief
#68DarkAdonis123Posted 1/31/2014 2:34:21 PM
garcia_jx posted...
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
So far Kinect hasn't proved why it's worth the added cost to Xbox One. There needs to be a revolutionary game that's Kinect only to get people excited for it. We'll see if that ever happens though.

But the Kinect is not just for gaming, that's what people are not understanding. It enhances the Xbox One in every level, from turning off your Xbox to on; from logging you in when you walk in the room to switching to your profile when your brother hands you the controller. Even little things like changing channels on the tv is better.

It enhances the Xbox One in every level to YOU. That's what you're missing. Those things just don't excite everyone.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#69therickmu25Posted 1/31/2014 2:35:35 PM
It's easy to tell who doesn't own an XB1 here. My Kinect stopped working a month into use and the console became less convenient since that point. The Kinect really does incorporate perfectly into the UI of the XB1 and it's much harder to use without the Kinect.

The feeling of waking up in the morning, telling it to turn on while my head is still in the pillow and then having it sign me in once it sees my face turn to it is something that is hard to get used to not having.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#70therickmu25Posted 1/31/2014 2:36:55 PM
^ also. I understand why you wouldn't want the actual Kinect, but I assure you that you don't want an Xbox One without the Kinect in it's current form.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg