why would you want an Xbox One without Kinect?

#71tadmfpolePosted 1/31/2014 2:49:57 PM
Ellesarien posted...
tadmfpole posted...
Ellesarien posted...
I wouldn't. I've said it before. Kinect 2.0 is the only exciting and interesting piece of tech this gen. It has vast future possibilities both within gaming and TV.

My question is...why would someone pay $400.00 for ONLY a middling processor and video card upgrade.

Most likely to play video games on. I know... I know.. Silly reason to buy a game console right?

You act if the other options don't. It's more silly (well stupid to be honest) to go apenuts and mock the option THAT DOES MORE THAN JUST PLAY GAMES.

It's like praising a burner cell phone over a smartphone because ALL the burner phone does is make calls. Down with the smartphone because it does more than that!!!

The problem here is that the "extra" is not an option, but forced upon the consumer. It is a peripheral that a lot of people including people who would otherwise buy the system do not want. What is Kinect doing to make gaming better? What games currently available or coming in 2014 are making the Kinect worth having?
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#72aj4x94Posted 1/31/2014 2:52:05 PM
Simply not interested in it.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Borderlands.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#73garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 7:47:53 PM
tadmfpole posted...
Ellesarien posted...
tadmfpole posted...
Ellesarien posted...
I wouldn't. I've said it before. Kinect 2.0 is the only exciting and interesting piece of tech this gen. It has vast future possibilities both within gaming and TV.

My question is...why would someone pay $400.00 for ONLY a middling processor and video card upgrade.

Most likely to play video games on. I know... I know.. Silly reason to buy a game console right?

You act if the other options don't. It's more silly (well stupid to be honest) to go apenuts and mock the option THAT DOES MORE THAN JUST PLAY GAMES.

It's like praising a burner cell phone over a smartphone because ALL the burner phone does is make calls. Down with the smartphone because it does more than that!!!

The problem here is that the "extra" is not an option, but forced upon the consumer. It is a peripheral that a lot of people including people who would otherwise buy the system do not want. What is Kinect doing to make gaming better? What games currently available or coming in 2014 are making the Kinect worth having?

Well, in battlefield 4, rather than holding or pressing the button to tilt your head while aiming, you can just lean your head and your character leans his head. It takes no effort since we already do it naturally when trying to see around a corner while playing. The Kinect makes the Xbox One better. Maybe, you haven't tried it.
#74XtremeWRATH360Posted 1/31/2014 7:54:26 PM
garcia_jx posted...
tadmfpole posted...
Ellesarien posted...
tadmfpole posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Well, in battlefield 4, rather than holding or pressing the button to tilt your head while aiming, you can just lean your head and your character leans his head. It takes no effort since we already do it naturally when trying to see around a corner while playing. The Kinect makes the Xbox One better. Maybe, you haven't tried it.

Or i can hold a button and get the same effect. I don't feel like leaning my body is worth more money on a system.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#75archibald3Posted 1/31/2014 8:45:00 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
garcia_jx posted...
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
So far Kinect hasn't proved why it's worth the added cost to Xbox One. There needs to be a revolutionary game that's Kinect only to get people excited for it. We'll see if that ever happens though.

But the Kinect is not just for gaming, that's what people are not understanding. It enhances the Xbox One in every level, from turning off your Xbox to on; from logging you in when you walk in the room to switching to your profile when your brother hands you the controller. Even little things like changing channels on the tv is better.

It enhances the Xbox One in every level to YOU. That's what you're missing. Those things just don't excite everyone.

It enhances it on every level to MILLIONS of us . Thats why you have the choice to buy something else if it doesn`t to YOU. Thats what YOU`RE missing...
#76TheGam3925Posted 1/31/2014 9:04:59 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SDPy2euUFbM
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#77Homie_202Posted 2/1/2014 12:23:08 AM
Because I am not interested in its gimmicky features. With that said I do own an XBone but I don't have the Kinect hooked up its still in the box. I am not interested in talking to my xbox or saying commands to my xbox. I buy video game consoles to play games. Not use all these other gimmick features they decide to throw in there. And the games I play don't ever use the Kinect at least not in ways I would want to use it so I have no need to hook it up or use it.
#78TenzhiPosted 2/1/2014 3:50:03 AM
archibald3 posted...
It enhances it on every level to MILLIONS of us . Thats why you have the choice to buy something else if it doesn`t to YOU. Thats what YOU`RE missing...

The Kinect "enhanced" the 360 for millions, too. But those of us who didn't want it weren't forcibly saddled with the non-essential hunk of junk. And it is still non-essential, but now we're forced to get it if we want to continue using Live into the so-called "next-gen". The more sensible choice should be whether or not to buy a Kinect - as it was with the 360 - not whether or not to buy this system or drop the Live service and move on to Playstation.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#79CaIiber345Posted 2/1/2014 4:02:50 AM
Tenzhi posted...
archibald3 posted...

The Kinect "enhanced" the 360 for millions, too. But those of us who didn't want it weren't forcibly saddled with the non-essential hunk of junk. And it is still non-essential, but now we're forced to get it if we want to continue using Live into the so-called "next-gen". The more sensible choice should be whether or not to buy a Kinect - as it was with the 360 - not whether or not to buy this system or drop the Live service and move on to Playstation.

Thank you, Tenzhi.

The whole "If you don't like it, don't buy it" response is shallow and pathetic. You should want more people to buy Xbox One. Nothing hurts us by having the choice. If Xbox One didn't have a Kinect in the box, I'd buy one tomorrow, and I'm sure a lot of other people would. Stop being so defensive because someone is criticizing something you like @archibald and others.
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 9
#80quincy2000aPosted 2/1/2014 7:41:43 AM(edited)
...and now that the geniuses at Microsoft are pulling resources from that piece of crap Kinect to try and make the One more powerful, people see what a mistake it was--excuse me, gamers see what a mistake it was.

Microsoft sold gamers out originally and is now trying to backtrack. Too little too late--Microsoft is taking a huge hit in terms of its credibility now.

And my crappy Kinect has still not been hooked to my One and i don't plan on ever doing it...well, if they resurrect IllumiRoom...

Oh, by the way--"what makes Xbox One unique is the Kinect and everything that it brings to the table. The voice commands make using the Xbox One awesome, whether you are switching from tv to games or games to apps."

See that? I didn't want that. Any of it.

Now if Microsoft would have used hardware that maintained a balance of power with the PS4, I wouldn't have a problem. But it's obvious now, with this "we can pull power from here to make it better" move, that they blew it.