why would you want an Xbox One without Kinect?

#81XtremeWRATH360Posted 2/1/2014 6:40:05 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
Tenzhi posted...
archibald3 posted...
It enhances it on every level to MILLIONS of us . Thats why you have the choice to buy something else if it doesn`t to YOU. Thats what YOU`RE missing...

The Kinect "enhanced" the 360 for millions, too. But those of us who didn't want it weren't forcibly saddled with the non-essential hunk of junk. And it is still non-essential, but now we're forced to get it if we want to continue using Live into the so-called "next-gen". The more sensible choice should be whether or not to buy a Kinect - as it was with the 360 - not whether or not to buy this system or drop the Live service and move on to Playstation.

Thank you, Tenzhi.

The whole "If you don't like it, don't buy it" response is shallow and pathetic. You should want more people to buy Xbox One. Nothing hurts us by having the choice. If Xbox One didn't have a Kinect in the box, I'd buy one tomorrow, and I'm sure a lot of other people would. Stop being so defensive because someone is criticizing something you like @archibald and others.

This is why i hate the XB1 community more than any other, its their whole "deal with it" attitude. God forbid not everyone like the Kinect god forbid we offer a choice to bring more gamers to the system, but screw that not even your consumer base wants more people with attitudes like this.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#82garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 7:57:46 AM
therickmu25 posted...
^ also. I understand why you wouldn't want the actual Kinect, but I assure you that you don't want an Xbox One without the Kinect in it's current form.

That's exactly my point.
#83therickmu25Posted 2/1/2014 2:57:05 PM
garcia_jx posted...
therickmu25 posted...
^ also. I understand why you wouldn't want the actual Kinect, but I assure you that you don't want an Xbox One without the Kinect in it's current form.

That's exactly my point.

I know, this is more for the people that actually think they are streamlining their experience by removing the Kinect. It only makes things more diffcult to use by removing it and honestly you don't come off as righteous or witty for unplugging the Kinect, you are being a fool.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#84jastenPosted 2/1/2014 3:06:49 PM
therickmu25 posted...
garcia_jx posted...
therickmu25 posted...

That's exactly my point.

I know, this is more for the people that actually think they are streamlining their experience by removing the Kinect. It only makes things more diffcult to use by removing it and honestly you don't come off as righteous or witty for unplugging the Kinect, you are being a fool.

So you're basically telling people that we should simply not want a One period because it's simply poorly designed and made then? Because, if it really is worse without the gimmicky device then that really tells me I should just stay as far away from the console as possible.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
Becoming a monster to fight the monster still ends with a monster.
#85Viper187666Posted 2/1/2014 3:47:47 PM
SythisTaru posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
I am not interested in Snapping, Skype, voice controls, motion controls.
I am not interested in Apps.
I am not interested in any other multimedia features.

I want to play games. I do not want or need any of the functions that Kinect adds to games.

So you wan't to just keep playing games the same boring way with the same boring controllers and never have anything new and immersive? Disgusting.

YES! Because it works! Kinect is an accessory. Nothing more. No different than the NES zapper, power glove, or a Logitech racing wheel. Old light guns were awesome as an accessory, but they apparently don't work on HDTVs. Kinect and other sensors like we had last gen will never replace that tech. All I want is a controller and a proper gun for gaming. I miss rail shooters.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#86therickmu25Posted 2/1/2014 3:52:41 PM
jasten posted...
therickmu25 posted...
garcia_jx posted...
therickmu25 posted...

That's exactly my point.

So you're basically telling people that we should simply not want a One period because it's simply poorly designed and made then? Because, if it really is worse without the gimmicky device then that really tells me I should just stay as far away from the console as possible.

What I'm telling you is it works extremly well with the One and makes for a great experience. It's made things easier for me so I can't consider it a gimmick because it actually works.

If people with no first hand or everyday experience think it's a gimmick and don't buy one, why exactly should I care? I'm not a sales person employed by Microsoft so my life won't be affected at all by someone sitting on their ass complaining about how bad something they don't own is.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#87coltsfan4ever31Posted 2/1/2014 3:55:12 PM
I hate the word but this topic sounds like a "shill" topic.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#88Viper187666Posted 2/1/2014 4:13:08 PM
therickmu25 posted...
It's easy to tell who doesn't own an XB1 here. My Kinect stopped working a month into use and the console became less convenient since that point. The Kinect really does incorporate perfectly into the UI of the XB1 and it's much harder to use without the Kinect.

The feeling of waking up in the morning, telling it to turn on while my head is still in the pillow and then having it sign me in once it sees my face turn to it is something that is hard to get used to not having.

360 worked fine without Kinect. What's the difference now? We should want their stupid peripheral because they couldn't design the new dashboard worth a damn? Great logic. Maybe if they weren't wasting so many resources trying to sneak in unfriendly DRM that people would hate and making a spycam that plenty of people want nothing to do with, they could've actually made a UI/XBL experience to equal Xbox360 out of the box instead of taking 12 steps back and not even having a proper party chat system working.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#89Viper187666Posted 2/1/2014 4:44:36 PM(edited)
Tenzhi posted...
garcia_jx posted...
Part of what makes Xbox One unique is the Kinect and everything that it brings to the table. The voice commands make using the Xbox One awesome, whether you are switching from tv to games or games to apps.

I intrinsically hate voice commands and motion controls, ergo they cannot make using the XBOne "awesome" for me. Merely being in the same room with someone who was issuing voice commands to the Kinect made me want to snap the thing in twain. Nor is it likely I'd ever have so many apps and games in my library that using voice commands to access them would appeal to me.

"Unique" does not equate to "desirable" or "better". Some experiences are, in fact, best avoided. Using the device to break the fourth wall and cause my real life environment or physical status to affect the characters or game world wouldn't be immersive for most games. Meanwhile, voice commands and gestures aren't very reliable game controls, nor are they as efficient as simply pressing a button on a controller. If they want to create a new way to interface with video games it has to demonstrably work better than a controller with conventional games and with an equivalent economy of action in order for me to care about it.

Right. Why not get creative with something more reliable and gamer oriented? There was a company that used to make their living fixing the stupid slowturn on 360 controllers and adding paddle buttons on the back of the controller. Why not innovate that way? I think Nintendo was the only one to ever use the back of the controller for something. That Z button on the N64 controller worked out rather well too. I know what I'd find pretty neat. A set of pedals to use for more than just racing games. Imagine being able to hit the gas and brakes on a vehicle in an FPS game with your feet while you're aiming and shooting with the controller. Trying to hover a chopper and shoot at the same time? Hold both pedals down and just worry about shooting! I think that'd be more interesting than Kinect.
---
#90jastenPosted 2/1/2014 4:54:39 PM(edited)
therickmu25 posted...
jasten posted...
therickmu25 posted...
garcia_jx posted...
therickmu25 posted...

That's exactly my point.

What I'm telling you is it works extremly well with the One and makes for a great experience. It's made things easier for me so I can't consider it a gimmick because it actually works.

If people with no first hand or everyday experience think it's a gimmick and don't buy one, why exactly should I care? I'm not a sales person employed by Microsoft so my life won't be affected at all by someone sitting on their ass complaining about how bad something they don't own is.

I have had hands on experience with a friend's console... I found the Kinect to not actually streamline the experience or offer anything that I miss when I am on a system that doesn't offer the same capabilities. If you are seriously telling me that just trying to go controller is worse than with the Kinect, which is spotty at best, then what you're telling me is I need to pocket the money until MS either fixes the UI or just spend it on a few games instead.

Seriously, not everyone bagging the gimmick piece of plastic hasn't used it. I hated the first Kinect with a passion and this newer one doesn't really do much to change the perception that it is just a gimmicky device that is best forgotten.

I enjoy using the Wii waggle more than Kinect and I hate the bloody waggle. That should tell you something.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
Becoming a monster to fight the monster still ends with a monster.