why would you want an Xbox One without Kinect?

#91HiddenRoarPosted 2/1/2014 5:07:26 PM
Saying the Kinect is not a gimmick is like saying the Wiimote is not a gimmick. Can't say one is while the other isn't.

And I know for a fact, TC, that you have too much pride to admit so.

Just like Lucifer, and we know what happened to him.
#92garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 5:58:15 PM
jasten posted...
therickmu25 posted...
garcia_jx posted...
therickmu25 posted...
^ also. I understand why you wouldn't want the actual Kinect, but I assure you that you don't want an Xbox One without the Kinect in it's current form.

That's exactly my point.

I know, this is more for the people that actually think they are streamlining their experience by removing the Kinect. It only makes things more diffcult to use by removing it and honestly you don't come off as righteous or witty for unplugging the Kinect, you are being a fool.

So you're basically telling people that we should simply not want a One period because it's simply poorly designed and made then? Because, if it really is worse without the gimmicky device then that really tells me I should just stay as far away from the console as possible.

It is sure as hell not better.
#93gogogodzillaPosted 2/1/2014 6:44:42 PM
garcia_jx posted...
Part of what makes Xbox One unique is the Kinect and everything that it brings to the table. The voice commands make using the Xbox One awesome, whether you are switching from tv to games or games to apps.

Without the Kinect, what do we have? A console with weaker hardware than its direct competitor and a console with inferior multiplatform games. Why would you want a barebones console? Kinect 2.0 is miles ahead of the original Kinect. People who bash it have not tried it. I was skeptical at first, believe me, but I am convinced that it makes things a lot better.

The only way I can see a reason to purchase a Kinectless Xbox One is if it comes equipped with a better GPU and it is in white. Then, maybe, MAYBE, would it be worth it.

Just what does a *VIDEO CAMERA* have to do with voice commands? Kill the Kinect and put a microphone in the console box itself. Problem solved.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#94gogogodzillaPosted 2/1/2014 6:57:50 PM(edited)
suicide machine posted...
just about any invention could be seen as a gimmick that people didn't think theyd need at some point.

hey, that garage door opener? gimmick! you can just open it yourself! that microwave? gimmick! I can just heat up my food on the stove! automatic starter on a car? gimmick! no practical use, since I can just go outside and start it myself!

for all the skeptics, have you actually tried using the Kinect to it's fullest. a few posts ago, I noted how it has made certain games even better and more efficient. yes, the actual game playing stuff made better and more efficient. could you do it with a headset? I guess, but I wouldn't want to wear a darn headset for any significant length of time. its more convenient and less cumbersome with the Kinect.

Garage door opener? Did something people already have to do... and didn't really take off till it got cheap enough to not bite people's wallet.

Microwave? The same.

Kinect? Detracts from gaming (both in UI and in system resources)... and costs you for that privilege.
---
#95pwnater777Posted 2/1/2014 6:57:09 PM
gogogodzilla posted...
just about any invention could be seen as a gimmick that people didn't think theyd need at some point.

hey, that garage door opener? gimmick! you can just open it yourself! that microwave? gimmick! I can just heat up my food on the stove! automatic starter on a car? gimmick! no practical use, since I can just go outside and start it myself!

for all the skeptics, have you actually tried using the Kinect to it's fullest. a few posts ago, I noted how it has made certain games even better and more efficient. yes, the actual game playing stuff made better and more efficient. could you do it with a headset? I guess, but I wouldn't want to wear a darn headset for any significant length of time. its more convenient and less cumbersome with the Kinect.

Garage door opener? Did something people already have to do... and didn't really take off till it got cheap enough to not bite people's wallet.

Microwave? The same.

Kinect? Does stuff nobody really does when gaming... and costs you for that privilege.

This is like saying the Kinect will be an integral part of everyday life in the future, which it won't. All those other things make life legitimately easier, while the Kinect really brings nothing to the table. You can get to a menu faster? That's great, but I'd rather click a button that I know will work rather than take my chances with a camera that could possibly make you have to repeat yourself. And it seems like people use its side features more than what it was intended to do, yet poorly does: Enhance gaming. Show me one Kinect only game that sold well among actual gamers, not just little stereotypical "buy this console for fun with everyone!" family. The gimmicky GovernmentCam does nothing productive for the gaming society.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#96XtremeWRATH360Posted 2/1/2014 6:58:57 PM
garcia_jx posted...
jasten posted...
therickmu25 posted...
garcia_jx posted...
therickmu25 posted...
^ also. I understand why you wouldn't want the actual Kinect, but I assure you that you don't want an Xbox One without the Kinect in it's current form.

That's exactly my point.

I know, this is more for the people that actually think they are streamlining their experience by removing the Kinect. It only makes things more diffcult to use by removing it and honestly you don't come off as righteous or witty for unplugging the Kinect, you are being a fool.

So you're basically telling people that we should simply not want a One period because it's simply poorly designed and made then? Because, if it really is worse without the gimmicky device then that really tells me I should just stay as far away from the console as possible.

It is sure as hell not better.

How is it not better, you remove Kinect i get to play my games the normal way how i intend to play the games and i don't have to spend more money for something i don't want. Sounds better to me.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#97gogogodzillaPosted 2/1/2014 6:58:58 PM
pwnater777 posted...
gogogodzilla posted...

Microwave? The same.

Kinect? Does stuff nobody really does when gaming... and costs you for that privilege.

This is like saying the Kinect will be an integral part of everyday life in the future, which it won't. All those other things make life legitimately easier, while the Kinect really brings nothing to the table. You can get to a menu faster? That's great, but I'd rather click a button that I know will work rather than take my chances with a camera that could possibly make you have to repeat yourself. And it seems like people use its side features more than what it was intended to do, yet poorly does: Enhance gaming. Show me one Kinect only game that sold well among actual gamers, not just little stereotypical "buy this console for fun with everyone!" family. The gimmicky GovernmentCam does nothing productive for the gaming society.

Yep. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
---
#98quincy2000aPosted 2/1/2014 9:28:29 PM
Microsoft had a choice--gimmicks or gaming?

Unfortunately for them (and gamers), they chose gimmicks and paid the price because of it.

Now they are backpedaling, pulling power from the gimmicky side to supplement the gaming side.

But a software solution to fix their underpowered hardware? Well, we'll see what happens.
#99Devilish_luckPosted 2/2/2014 9:52:46 PM
Really a huge troll conversation. Sure Kinect may have some features, but nothing that is really of utmost importance. There isn't a Kinect game that has sold a system or anything. Voice commands are hardly a big deal, since using a remote is already pretty easy. Besides, couldn't they just set the system up with a mic to do all those actions? Saying that it is essential is about the biggest troll thing of all time. Shame they didn't put that extra research into building a stronger system with more gaming features.
#100TheBonfiniPosted 2/3/2014 12:24:11 AM
I wouldn't. It wouldn't have anything potentially superior in any way to the main competition with out it.

Us MS fans now are dealing with embracing POTENTIAL.

This isn't last gen. Our values do shift with our preferred companies mission statements.

I can't think of any examples to list about the future potential that mysteriously can't be implemented from my Day 1 edition but it's MS job to make the promises to reassure me.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg