Will people ever stop about FPS and resolutions? Give it a break.

#11ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/30/2014 11:08:50 PM
Jedi454 posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Jedi454 posted...
-Oath- posted...
It will stop when people acknowledge these things do matter and stop retaliating.

Then no one will care.

Oh my god, I can't play Tomb Raider in 60 fps because I only have an Xbox One at the moment, waaaaah! I miss out, it's probably a whole different game in 60fps :'( :'( :'(

Yes, the gameplay is the same, but think of it like this: if you could play a version of the same game with better graphics for no extra cost, why wouldn't you?

I'm not American, so the costs for the Ps4 and Xbox One are very much the same, in fact you could argue that Ps4's are more here.

For most of the userbase, the PS4 is cheaper and the games are priced the same. Using majority standard, the logic is sound.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
*Not everyone that has a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.*
#12Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 11:11:20 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Jedi454 posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Jedi454 posted...
-Oath- posted...
It will stop when people acknowledge these things do matter and stop retaliating.

Then no one will care.

Oh my god, I can't play Tomb Raider in 60 fps because I only have an Xbox One at the moment, waaaaah! I miss out, it's probably a whole different game in 60fps :'( :'( :'(

Yes, the gameplay is the same, but think of it like this: if you could play a version of the same game with better graphics for no extra cost, why wouldn't you?

I'm not American, so the costs for the Ps4 and Xbox One are very much the same, in fact you could argue that Ps4's are more here.

For most of the userbase, the PS4 is cheaper and the games are priced the same. Using majority standard, the logic is sound.

But it also depends on personal preference and financial situation. If I had the money for both, i'd have both right now. The Ps4 is better for the American people, but by no means is the Xbox One a lesser product because it's more expensive. If you have enough for an Xbox One and want it, what's to stop you from getting it?

People always need hand holding with their decisions now.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#13WartPig_Posted 1/30/2014 11:18:42 PM
who cares about free postal service.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#14Ramsus082Posted 1/30/2014 11:31:38 PM(edited)
I play lots of games. I like when they look great. I get disappointed when they don't, generally, or when I was led to believe that they'd look better. Why are so many people trying to downplay the dissapoinment that sooo many people have with the XboxOne' lackluster game performance? Why should anyone else tell me what's supposed to matter to me and to what degree about the games I play?

That's not a rhetorical question. If you're content with just 720p visuals or choppier frame rates than I am, terrific. But why tell me how much it doesn't matter when the competition is doing better for less? How the heck is that not supposed to matter?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#15Spetsnaz420Posted 1/30/2014 11:22:04 PM
Jedi you sound like someone being bullied

If these things didn't matter at all there wouldn't be $1,000+ video cards. Its great that these things don't matter to you but they do to many others.

Frankly I think if people stopped down playing the performance difference and stopped responding to every negative these things wouldn't flood the board as they do now.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#16ImThe8thWonderPosted 1/30/2014 11:26:15 PM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
But it also depends on personal preference and financial situation. If I had the money for both, i'd have both right now. The Ps4 is better for the American people, but by no means is the Xbox One a lesser product because it's more expensive. If you have enough for an Xbox One and want it, what's to stop you from getting it?

People always need hand holding with their decisions now.

You enjoy the XB1? That's fine. But then don't make statements such as "graphics don't matter" to fuel debates, only to use the "individual circumstances" clause. You argue that Sony fans are suppressing your appreciation of Xbox by criticizing it constantly, but at the same time, you and many other people spend hours on end trying to spout statements that call for disagreement.

Like this topic, for example. You're bringing the fight back onto the board by making this topic, then stating that graphics don't matter. Where, for most people, graphics are a pleasant added bonus that doesn't cost extra (majority = official standard). Instead of trying to convince people that graphics aren't a big deal, why don't you appreciate how your personal circumstance deems it moot, and just enjoy your gaming experience? You're here, trying to sell people on a point that mainly applies to yourself. How does that make sense?
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
*Not everyone that has a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.*
#17Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 11:28:39 PM(edited)
Ramsus082 posted...
I play lots of games. I like when they look great. I get disappointed when they don't, generally, or when I was led to believe that they'd look better. Why are so many people trying to downplay the dissapoinment that sooo many people have with the XboxOne' lackluster gsme performance? Why should anyone else tell me what's supposed to matter to me and to what degree about the games I play?

That's not a rhetorical question. If you're content with just 720p visuals or choppier frame rates than I am, terrific. But why tell me how much it doesn't matter when the competition is doing better for less? How the heck is that not supposed to matter?

Lackluster? Have you even played an Xbox One, the games difference is barely noticeable at all. It isn't meant to matter, kids don't care about resolution and fps, neither do their parents, so why do grown men and women (mostly men) care about resolution and fps suddenly? People that really get personal about this stuff, lack maturity.

I've had a 360 for over 5 years and i've never said once to a Ps3 only owner, that multiplatform games look better on 360. Why? Because they don't care either way.

You get a PC if you want 1080p/ 60fps for every game.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#18Ramsus082Posted 1/30/2014 11:28:27 PM
-Oath- posted...

Then no one will care.

Best post I've seen all day.

We're not all stupid; When we see some one tell us that inferior visuals and performance in video games shouldn't matter, you lose credibility. Its hard to take some one seriously after they try and convince you that less for more is enough for everyone. Are we seriously to believe that in May 2013, this ia what we expected?

Anyone who tries to tell me "yes" is an idiot. No one is going to believe that. Just.... own it. The Xbox One's game performance is dissapointing. It's not the end of the world or even the brand, no, but it's not a small issue either.

Can you people please just own up to a massive global corporation not meeting your expectations? It happens.
---
#19Ramsus082Posted 1/30/2014 11:29:56 PM
Jedi454 posted...
-Oath- posted...

Then no one will care.

No, not a whole different game, just a better version of it. You honestly can't see why that could matter?
---
#20Ramsus082Posted 1/30/2014 11:41:48 PM
Jedi454 posted...

Lackluster?

Inferior to their counterparts on the competition's console, yes. If that doesn't matter to you, well, terrific. You're allowed to have your own standards.

Have you even played an Xbox One, the games difference is barely noticeable at all.

How much worse would it have to be exactly for it to matter that there's a better version of it, for less?

It isn't meant to matter, kids don't care about resolution and fps, neither do their parents, so why do grown men and women (mostly men) care about resolution and fps suddenly? People that really get personal about this stuff, lack maturity.

Picture your favourite three games. What if they looked better and ran better than they do? See where I'm going with this?
---