Will people ever stop about FPS and resolutions? Give it a break.

#21Ramsus082Posted 1/31/2014 12:50:02 AM
Your favourite game this generation might end up being a multiplatform title. What if, with the snap of your fingers, you could make that game look better than it does, run better, and have a $100 bill materialize in your pocket?

That's what choosing a PS4 over an XboxOne is like to a lot of people. Does that make sense?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#22Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 12:54:10 AM(edited)
Ramsus082 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Lackluster?

Inferior to their counterparts on the competition's console, yes. If that doesn't matter to you, well, terrific. You're allowed to have your own standards.

Have you even played an Xbox One, the games difference is barely noticeable at all.

How much worse would it have to be exactly for it to matter that there's a better version of it, for less?

It isn't meant to matter, kids don't care about resolution and fps, neither do their parents, so why do grown men and women (mostly men) care about resolution and fps suddenly? People that really get personal about this stuff, lack maturity.

Picture your favourite three games. What if they looked better and ran better than they do? See where I'm going with this?

Please don't get emotional because the Xbox One is the first Microsoft console to have slightly lower resolution/ fps quality on multi-platform games compared to a Sony console. I bet you didn't care about any of that stuff during the Ps2/ Xbox/ GC era because websites like IGN weren't fuelling "Console Wars". If nobody even did comparisons or publicly mentioned resolutions/ frame rates for games, I bet you wouldn't even notice the difference or care at all.

My favourite games aren't chosen for their resolution or frame rates, so that's an invalid argument.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#23Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 12:56:42 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
Your favourite game this generation might end up being a multiplatform title. What if, with the snap of your fingers, you could make that game look better than it does, run better, and have a $100 bill materialize in your pocket?

That's what choosing a PS4 over an XboxOne is like to a lot of people. Does that make sense?

Oh please, I can't believe you're saying everyone buys games for their graphics. If I wanted better graphics for my game, i'd build another gaming PC and get it on PC. Visual appear matters, but when the difference is barely noticeable at all, you shouldn't care.
---
#24Ramsus082Posted 1/31/2014 12:56:45 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Lackluster?

Inferior to their counterparts on the competition's console, yes. If that doesn't matter to you, well, terrific. You're allowed to have your own standards.

Have you even played an Xbox One, the games difference is barely noticeable at all.

How much worse would it have to be exactly for it to matter that there's a better version of it, for less?

It isn't meant to matter, kids don't care about resolution and fps, neither do their parents, so why do grown men and women (mostly men) care about resolution and fps suddenly? People that really get personal about this stuff, lack maturity.

Picture your favourite three games. What if they looked better and ran better than they do? See where I'm going with this?

Please don't get emotional because the Xbox One is the first Microsoft console to have slightly lower resolution/ fps quality on multi-platform games compared to a Sony console. I bet you didn't care about any of that stuff during the Ps2/ Xbox/ GC era because websites like IGN weren't fuelling "Console Wars". If nobody even did comparisons or publicly mentioned resolutions/ frame rates for games, I bet you wouldn't even notice the difference or care at all.

My favourite games aren't chosen for their resolution or frame rates, so that's an invalid argument.
Hey

Well, you claim that I'm being emotional, so now you've automatically won the coversation I guess....?

Ill try and check my uncontrollable rage, sorry about that!
---
#25Ramsus082Posted 1/31/2014 1:02:15 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Lackluster?

Anyway, you're clearly avoiding the point, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I'm sure its late wherever you're at; What if your favourite games looked and ran better? Would this be a Good thing, a Negative thing, or a Neutral thing?
---
#26Ramsus082Posted 1/31/2014 1:00:58 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

Oh please, I can't believe you're saying everyone buys games for their graphics. If I wanted better graphics for my game, i'd build another gaming PC and get it on PC. Visual appear matters, but when the difference is barely noticeable at all, you shouldn't care.

That's not what I said, at all. Forget it, but thanks for rthe conversation, enjoy your night.
---
#27Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 1:02:25 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Lackluster?

Anyway, you're clearly avoiding the point, but ill give you the benefit of the doubt since I'm sure its late wherever you're at; What uf your favourite games looked and ran better? Would thus be a Good thing, a Negative thing, or a Neutral thing?

Neutral because obviously the PC versions for some of my favourite games are superior, but I don't play them on PC. Doesn't change the gameplay feel or story or any of that.
---
#28xacebopPosted 1/31/2014 1:19:44 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
I play lots of games. I like when they look great. I get disappointed when they don't, generally, or when I was led to believe that they'd look better. Why are so many people trying to downplay the dissapoinment that sooo many people have with the XboxOne' lackluster gsme performance? Why should anyone else tell me what's supposed to matter to me and to what degree about the games I play?

That's not a rhetorical question. If you're content with just 720p visuals or choppier frame rates than I am, terrific. But why tell me how much it doesn't matter when the competition is doing better for less? How the heck is that not supposed to matter?

Lackluster? Have you even played an Xbox One, the games difference is barely noticeable at all. It isn't meant to matter, kids don't care about resolution and fps, neither do their parents, so why do grown men and women (mostly men) care about resolution and fps suddenly? People that really get personal about this stuff, lack maturity.

I've had a 360 for over 5 years and i've never said once to a Ps3 only owner, that multiplatform games look better on 360. Why? Because they don't care either way.

You get a PC if you want 1080p/ 60fps for every game.

Sounds like you are the one in need of a PC. The entire PC gaming community relies on benchmarks that run frame rates v resolution. Since consoles have evolved in this new gen, gamers are adapting to similar circumstances. Which, believe it or not, a lot if us care about.
#29Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/31/2014 1:34:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#30dnmtPosted 1/31/2014 1:54:12 AM
Holy denial, Batman.