Will people ever stop about FPS and resolutions? Give it a break.

#41TheGam3925Posted 1/31/2014 4:28:36 AM
Jedi454 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
It's shame people care about resolutions more than actual gameplay. The games I clocked the most hours in, I never thought to myself "Damn this would look better in a better resolution/ more frame rates per second."

Yeah let's all of us who bought 1080p TVs just sell them right now and get 720p televisions because why does it matter right? Better yet lets all get black and white TVs because it's only about gameplay.

I have a 1080p TV, but honestly BF4 (720p) doesn't look bad at all on it.

I rest my case. Sell your TV, you don't need it for Xbox One!

You won mate! I just threw it up on eBay, buy it now $50.

Crap you just said mate. I take it you're english and that TV won't work properly in the US because of the region or whatever :(

I could be mistaken though.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#42Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 4:31:26 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
I could be mistaken though.

I don't live in the US and I live in Australia. Paid $200 for a 42" 1080p TV, I thought it was a good deal.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#43SolisPosted 1/31/2014 5:25:32 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Never did I see? "Well the Xbox 360 runs Game X in 608p, while the Playstation 3 runs Game X in 544p, is Playstation 3 really having this many issues?" People also defended the Playstation 3's cell processor to the death, I bet it's those same people who are bad mouthing the Xbox One.

Are you kidding? Plenty of people pointed out the problems the PS3 was having running games compared to the Xbox 360.

But I find it ironic that you make a topic asking if people will ever stop going on about FPS and resolutions, and then your opening post is you ranting about just that. It's pretty obvious that framerate and resolution matter, or else we would only have one resolution and one framerate for every game in existence.

Jedi454 posted...
It's shame people care about resolutions more than actual gameplay. The games I clocked the most hours in, I never thought to myself "Damn this would look better in a better resolution/ more frame rates per second."

You sound deprived then, since there are plenty of games that I felt would be more enjoyable at a higher resolution/framerate. I love Perfect Dark for example, but it's sure a hell of a lot more enjoyable playing it on the Xbox 360 at 1080p in 60FPS than on the N64 at 240i in 30FPS (or lower).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#44bob15xPosted 1/31/2014 5:37:28 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I smell some double standards. People glorified the 360 version of games for having superfluous additions such as an extra bush.

ya and ps3 fanboys said that graphics didn't matter when most of the multiplatform games were better on the 360.

You do realize the double standards are in full effect on both sides right?
#45mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/31/2014 5:48:56 AM
In my day we had Super Mario. It had 8 bits(that's right! Bits!)and who the hell knows how many frames per second it ran at, and we played on standard definition tvs. And you know what? We didn't complain! We appreciated the fun we had instead of nitpicking and having pissing contests.

The worst part is that we were kids. I'm guess most of you engaging in these petty arguments are grown ass man. Appreciate the technology and the fact that you're playing some pretty amazing games.

I've really learned to dislike gamers and everything about the culture in the last few years. You guys are really pathetic sometimes.
---
Save The Last Humans
#46Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 5:51:42 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
In my day we had Super Mario. It had 8 bits(that's right! Bits!)and who the hell knows how many frames per second it ran at, and we played on standard definition tvs. And you know what? We didn't complain! We appreciated the fun we had instead of nitpicking and having pissing contests.

The worst part is that we were kids. I'm guess most of you engaging in these petty arguments are grown ass man. Appreciate the technology and the fact that you're playing some pretty amazing games.

I've really learned to dislike gamers and everything about the culture in the last few years. You guys are really pathetic sometimes.

I started with a NES as well, it was handed down to me from my parents because they were collect games for it in the 80's. I've had several consoles and this is the first i've heard of people fighting over resolution and frame rates. It's just a troll fest that people get joy out of.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#47coltsfan4ever31Posted 1/31/2014 5:53:14 AM
Will people ever stop crying about how they don't care about resolutions and fps?
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#48MrSpaM111Posted 1/31/2014 5:54:37 AM
Jedi454 posted...

I started with a NES as well, it was handed down to me from my parents because they were collect games for it in the 80's. I've had several consoles and this is the first i've heard of people fighting over resolution and frame rates. It's just a troll fest that people get joy out of.

NES games ran at 60fps...
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#49mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/31/2014 6:01:46 AM
Jedi454 posted...

I guess that's my point. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon of the newest/most petty argument, picks a side and starts fighting to a degree that is worse than you see in children. And this is fun? Watching a bunch of man children bicker(constantly on every website about any topic regarding games)over the years has just left a sour taste in my mouth. I think I'm about done associating myself with gamers. It's become a pretty immature community that is not any fun to be around.

I see a higher level of maturity, open mindedness and understanding in my 5 year old than I see trying to have conversations with 90% of gamers.

Grow the hell up everyone and act like civil adults for once instead of arguing about whose toy car has a cooler paint job.
---
Save The Last Humans
#50richboy900Posted 1/31/2014 6:01:48 AM
Unlikely since its not next generation standards by any means.

Also the ps4 has more power for less money. Granted, the Xbox has more decent games, but it sucks knowing my toaster has more processing power than this $500 system.